Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: King appearances, interviews, podcasts...

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Several of the NY Times event videos can be seen at youtube.com
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Thanks for posting that Bev, I was just comin in here to do it.
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

A great local news report on NECN about Steve's visit to Bridgton and the connections between that town and Chester's Mill.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I posted it last night in another thread with The Colbert Report: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ead.php?t=9849

Gunslinger Apprentice thebumblerinblack is on a distinguished road thebumblerinblack's Avatar

Default T.V. Interviews with Stephen King

I thought this would be a good idea, a thread of any random Stephen King television (or web) interviews. Its always great to hear how an author feels about their own story, from their own mouths. It's fun to hear Mr. King talk anytime, actually, with that charming Maine accent of his. I thought this would be a good video to start out with, especially for those of us going through Conan withdrawals. Its from 2005, and he's plugging the Colorado Kid.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqnJfnZWMqU"]YouTube- Stephen King - Conan O'Brien[/ame]

And here's a more recent one from The Colbert Report. Hilarious, if you havent seen it, you otta'.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-col...--stephen-king

p.s. sorry if there's already a thread like this. If there is we'll just move it on over. Thankee sai, and long days and pleasent nights.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think this is a great idea bumbler. I think the thread will survive but it may get moved to the TV forum.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Gunslinger Apprentice thebumblerinblack is on a distinguished road thebumblerinblack's Avatar

Thanks a lot, Matt! Yeah move it wherever it should go, I wasnt sure where to put it, really.

Here's a pretty funny interview from The View. Man, Whoopi's funny, but Joy Behar is ridiculously annoying. And what's with the guy host? I thought you had to have an ol' vaginer to be a host on that show.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2XS-0XYb_o"]YouTube- Stephen King - The View[/ame]

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

...I just can't say what's on my mind.....great thread idea tho'.

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Awesome interview taken about 5 months after he was hit by a van. Poor guy, he looks so emaciated (I cant help but think of him in rugged Roland garb, the way he looks in this interview). Just think how different TDT would have been had he not been struck. I'm so glad he survived. Not just because he's written a lot of great stories since, but because he's a fellow human (which this video really made apparent) and I hope for the best for all the goodns' out there.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHNUhIc9Fig"]YouTube- Stephen King Interview - The Today Show (1999)[/ame]

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This thread is a really good idea...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I already love this thread.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Thanks, guys! Pop a clip on up there if ya kennit.

This is awesome, and true...
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxHMw7hH0ww"]YouTube- Stephen King: Storytelling[/ame]

and here's kind of a follow up on the accident interview. It's kind of long, but its a good one, and it gets a little eerie around 1:15.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0lofwQTWKk"]YouTube- Stephen King on Early Show 2001[/ame]

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff, guys. Long live the Tube!

A cool interview from mid 80's, so funny on part of it he says he made some kids cry on halloween and didn't care.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pyu_MfqnSE"]YouTube- Stephen King profile[/ame]

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Genius idea for a thread.

It's a blast to watch these interviews, and, like stated above, hear that Maine dialect.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by thebumblerinblack View Post
    This is awesome, and true...
    YouTube- Stephen King: Storytelling
    QFT.

I love this little interview...do you know when it was taped?

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

YouTube

Thanks a lot, SigTauGimp!!
    I dont know the exact date, but 2008, because he's talking about Duma Key in this other part from the same interview.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvDZ-Nil2Go"]YouTube- Stephen King: Duma Key (long)[/ame]

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's a clip from BBC where King talks about his opinion of labels...I love this.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIRh26VUNWU"]Stephen King - Labels[/ame]

YouTube

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

If anyone is interested, via Torrent one can grab The Colbert Report episode where King was in top quality.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Addict the children early! Here's some more great stuff from the interview you posted up there, S.T. Gimp. This is crazy 'cause I remember my mom reading dr. jeckel and mr. hyde to my brother and I when we were little. I remember it because my mom said "Oh my God" while reading it, and strong christain woman that she is, she never took lord's name in vain, and it kind of shocked me.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM5XOBMoe7o"]YouTube- Stephen King's family of writers - Mark Lawson Talks to: Stephen King - BBC[/ame]

A cool interview. He talks a lot about short stories and novellas, and the difference between the two. That King, he's one badass bastid'.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIehHxcEuGM"]YouTube- STEPHEN KING on Writing, Scary Stories, and More[/ame]

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice one, thebumblerinblack...have you been able to find any King interviews talking about the Dark Tower? I've searched just about everywhere, to no avail.

YouTube

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast