Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1347

Thread: King appearances, interviews, podcasts...

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Does anyone have a working video of the HARRY, CARRIE & GARP event, from 2006? With JK Rowling, King and John Irving?

I thought I did, but my video doesnt really work properly...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Next month, Arte, a french/german channel will broadcast "Stephen King, le mal necessaire" (Stephen King, the necessary evil) a brand new documentary about Stephen King.
    This documentary is made exclusvely from archives and interviews, making it a documentary about Stephen King "by" Stephen King
    And it's not voicedover but with french subtitles. So could interest non french people

Here is the trailer

It is part of an Halloween programmation, which has gotten this poster

CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Neat trailer, hope to catch that one. Thanks
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King endorses Sara Gideon:

Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

I cant find this one's original posting, but I found this other one : https://twitter.com/SaraGideon/statu...38045816500224

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...ter-jk-rowling
    Stephen King and Margaret Atwood are among the signatories to an open letter offering support to the trans and non-binary communities of the US and Canada, as a bitter divide over trans rights continues to split the literary world.

The message from writers and members of the US literary community follows a similar letter from authors in the UK and Ireland. Both letters come in the wake of a fierce row over JK Rowling’s comments on trans rights, including her comment that “if sex isn’t real, the lived reality of women globally is erased”.

On 30 September, more than 200 British and Irish writers including Jeanette Winterson and Malorie Blackman sent “a message of love and solidarity for the trans and non-binary community”. A day later, more than 1,500 names in the publishing world joined them in asserting that “non-binary lives are valid, trans women are women, trans men are men, trans rights are human rights”.

The US letter, has been signed by more than 1,200 members of the literary community, including Roxane Gay, Neil Gaiman, John Green, NK Jemisin and Angie Thomas.

“We are writers, editors, journalists, agents, and professionals in multiple forms of publishing. We believe in the power of words. We want to do our part to help shape the curve of history toward justice and fairness,” they write. “To that end, we say: non-binary people are non-binary, trans women are women, trans men are men, trans rights are human rights. Your pronouns matter. You matter. You are loved.”

Author Maureen Johnson, who initiated the letter, said that while “letters do not fix things”, they are “designed to a) show support and b) bring awareness to an issue. In this case, the issue is transphobia in the publishing discourse and community.”

“When JK got involved in [the debate in the UK over transgender rights] it gave a lot of legitimacy to something that before seemed fringey. It became more accepted, because people know JK from Harry Potter,” Johnson told Publishers Weekly on Thursday. “Sometimes you need to put your name on the line and say, ‘I don’t agree with what’s going on.’”

After Rowling included a serial killer who occasionally wears women’s clothing to lure his victims in her new crime novel Troubled Blood, she was subjected to online attacks. Writers including Lionel Shriver and Ian McEwan put their names to a letter in the Times supporting Rowling in the face of “an onslaught of abuse that highlights an insidious authoritarian and misogynistic trend in social media”.

The letter supporting Rowling was also signed by star names including Tom Stoppard, John Cleese and Tony Robinson, with more than 18,000 people signing a public online petition.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for posting.

Do we have a link for the letter? Was it printed somewhere?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Writer makes basic factual comment.

Left hemisphere goes REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

I suppose the important thing is that everyone has fun at the circus.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post

Can you imagine being outraged over this?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

She made a deeply bigoted statement and was rightfully called out. Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequences of that speech.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

Can you imagine being outraged over this?
    Unfortunately, I don't have to - it's all around us.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    She made a deeply bigoted statement and was rightfully called out.
    She's an intelligent woman speaking for herself - sounds like you might be sexist.

She stated factual harmful consequences to women (an actual group of people) of the choices made by the trans community (an imaginary group of people) and those that acquiesce to its demands in the name of "rights" deriving from their lived fiction.

Damaging the social environment for women - what you might call "biological women" or "people with vaginas" - has become an essential pillar of the trans movement. So much for supporting rights and opposing hate.

The trans community will forever find itself bedeviled by the twin brick walls of A) reality and B) other people who recognize reality. That's life outside the circus tent.

[cue the repetitive and/or grammar-challenged negative rep in 3...2...1...]

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

She made a deeply bigoted statement and was rightfully called out. Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequences of that speech.
    Agreed. Positive rep. given.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Wow, that was fast! Whoever it was (these people never identify themselves) gets points for swift fingers at least.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

She made a deeply bigoted statement and was rightfully called out.
    She's an intelligent woman speaking for herself - sounds like you might be sexist.

She stated factual harmful consequences to women (an actual group of people) of the choices made by the trans community (an imaginary group of people) and those that acquiesce to its demands in the name of "rights" deriving from their lived fiction.

Damaging the social environment for women - what you might call "biological women" or "people with vaginas" - has become an essential pillar of the trans movement. So much for supporting rights and opposing hate.

The trans community will forever find itself bedeviled by the twin brick walls of A) reality and B) other people who recognize reality. That's life outside the circus tent.

[cue the repetitive and/or grammar-challenged negative rep in 3...2...1...]
    I love it when the Trump cult speaks of reality. It could not be funnier. His administration coined the term "alternative facts". You guys are a riot! Keep it coming, keep it coming, I need laughter right now....

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just to get this out of the way, st. Troy and a few others (kingfan24 said “I agree” to one of his rants) have already admitted in the SK Twitter thread to being proud transphobes, with Troy even calling trans women mentally ill in another thread. It’s fairly obvious now but there was a lot of hemming and hawing about political correctness before with people trying to distract from the topic.

Also calling out a woman for saying something bigoted doesn’t make you sexist anymore than calling out a gay person for saying something bigoted makes you a homophobe. Talk about a bad faith argument.

Another bad faith argument is acting like Rowling got backlash for saying something innocuous like “women menstruate”. She wrote an entire manifesto about her views.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Thanks for posting.

Do we have a link for the letter? Was it printed somewhere?
    > Supposedly here

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Another bad faith argument is acting like Rowling got backlash for saying something innocuous like “women menstruate”. She wrote an entire manifesto about her views.
    True, but she did say and it wasn't innocuous, because not just women menstruate. Trans men and non-binary people menstruate too. That's why the article was correctly phrasing it as "people who menstruate" which got her all bothered.

It would be funny watching someone who obviously knows nothing of trans issues write at length about their ignorance if it wasn't so toxic and harmful.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

True, but she did say and it wasn't innocuous, because not just women menstruate. Trans men and non-binary people menstruate too. That's why the article was correctly phrasing it as "people who menstruate" which got her all bothered.

It would be funny watching someone who obviously knows nothing of trans issues write at length about their ignorance if it wasn't so toxic and harmful.
    Also pre-adolescent girls and post-menopausal women don't menstruate, yet they are still female and in the latter example still women.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Only biological women menstruate. You cannot menstruate if you don't have ovaries. If you were born with ovaries you are a biological woman unless you were born with a genetic anomaly. That is a scientific fact. It is not opinion.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Only biological women menstruate. You cannot menstruate if you don't have ovaries. If you were born with ovaries you are a biological woman unless you were born with a genetic anomaly. That is a scientific fact. It is not opinion.
    Trans men are born with functioning female parts but are men. This is Buck Angel. Now what would happen if HE tried to go into a woman's room?

By the way Trans Women of color are murdered at an alarming rate. I know this kills two birds with one stone for you, Nick but it's not right and rhetoric such as yours contribute to it. You know as well as I do that science changes over time with regard to such issues. Homosexuals were lobotomized and considered mentally ill up until the 1970s. Science, especially biological science needs room to grow instead of stagnate.

And I know that won't change a brittle mind but just use the mantra "alternative facts, alternative facts, alternative facts...." to help you get through your terribly hard life.

Country
    Country Flag

It's also a fact that you failed to read the part where I said "Trans men and non-binary people menstruate too". This is also a scientific fact, because trans men have ovaries. If you mean trans women don't menstruate, that is correct. But also nobody has ever said that. But obviously trans men do, and calling them women is transphobic, because it denies their identity.

Country
    Country Flag

Any idea of where this picture originated?
    It kind of looks like it's from the AMEX ad, but it isn't actually.
    Any ideas?

Gunslinger Apprentice nocny will become famous soon enough nocny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

I checked before posting. And it's not from this ad. I thought it was, but no. Maybe a photoshoot before/after the ad (?)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 54 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 ... LastLast