Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1347

Thread: King appearances, interviews, podcasts...

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Very cool stuff!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, seen some pics yesterday, new Vans on the horizon for me.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'm not a sneaker guy (used to be, a little), but those are cool.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

UMaine English department hosts Stephen King

On Oct. 4 and 5, the University of Maine English department hosted alumnus and bestselling horror novelist Stephen King for a series of talks on the craft of writing. The events were contained to a small group of around 15 English students with a passion for creative writing. The talks were divided between the subjects of King’s “On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft,” in which students spoke about the writing process, and King’s “Lisey’s Story,” in which the discussion centered around the nature of screenplay writing.

(see full article for more}

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Stephen King wrote the intro for new book about Alabama musician Dave Gallaher

... King took time out from his ever-productive schedule to write a sincere and colorful forward to a new coffee table about Gallaher, “I’m a Roadrunner: Life and Times of a Bluesman.” The 168-page book tells Gallaher’s epic arc through essays and more than 100 photographs. From his Texas childhood, to worldwide touring elite guitarist, to gracefully accepting his destiny as Huntsville’s most iconic musician. Gallaher has lived several lives. “I’m a Roadrunner” lets you live some of them too.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post

... King took time out from his ever-productive schedule to write a sincere and colorful forward to a new coffee table about Gallaher, “I’m a Roadrunner: Life and Times of a Bluesman.” The 168-page book tells Gallaher’s epic arc through essays and more than 100 photographs. From his Texas childhood, to worldwide touring elite guitarist, to gracefully accepting his destiny as Huntsville’s most iconic musician. Gallaher has lived several lives. “I’m a Roadrunner” lets you live some of them too.
    He was a little late - by a day - to start selling. The sales link is up now. The first however many orders will be signed by Gallaher since he had some leftover signed copies from the live release event.

Sale link - https://form.jotform.com/212765120262144 or go to his homepage and follow his link which bring you to the same place.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

He was a little late - by a day - to start selling. The sales link is up now. The first however many orders will be signed by Gallaher since he had some leftover signed copies from the live release event.

Sale link - https://form.jotform.com/212765120262144 or go to his homepage and follow his link which bring you to the same place.
    Thanks, Brian. Order placed.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think there is a reprint of King's Hannibal review in this 125th NYT Books anniversary edition :
    https://twitter.com/tinajordannyt/st...414434820?s=11
    https://www.nytimes.com/series/book-review-anniversary
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am also a bit surprised that King didn't write a review of any book this summer?
    Usually he does one every summer for the NYT, if i remember correctly, and he mentionned in a Billy Summers interview he was working on some... but I haven't seen anything? Maybe he just decided not to

"I recently read two books that I told The New York Times I would review. One was about Jerry Lee Lewis, and the other was Eric Clapton's autobiography. "
    Here : https://www.esquire.com/entertainmen...ers-interview/
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I think there is a reprint of King's Hannibal review in this 125th NYT Books anniversary edition
    Here's a page grab of the article if the pay wall is stopping you:

https://archive.ph/bZcSG
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

I already have it. I was sharing in case there is more in this issue

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

What is it from?

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Oops!

BLUE VELVET, 2019, The Criterion Collection, Blu-Ray
    In the supplementary feature, "Blue Velvet" Revisited, which I found it impossible to stay awake during for more than a few minutes at a time because the soundtrack is so darn soothing! I was constantly waking up and rewinding it.
    The parking spot for King is next to David Lynch's, and is never explained, as far as I could discern.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Oops!

BLUE VELVET, 2019, The Criterion Collection, Blu-Ray
    In the supplementary feature, "Blue Velvet" Revisited, which I found it impossible to stay awake during for more than a few minutes at a time because the soundtrack is so darn soothing! I was constantly waking up and rewinding it.
    The parking spot for King is next to David Lynch's, and is never explained, as far as I could discern.
    Blue Velvet filmed at EUE/Screen Gems studio in Wilmington, NC, which is where MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE filmed at around the same time. (Blue Velvet: August - November 1985; Maximum Overdrive: July - October 1985)

In my not so humble opinion, BLUE VELVET is a slightly better film.

BTW - I highly recommend The Criterion Collection release, even though it has the same Angelo Badalamenti interview as on MULHOLLAND DRIVE.

Thanks for the info, Bev!

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A bit surprised that he was as frank as he was about the Christine remake.

His comments about the It remakes are nothing new but I disagree with him on that. The miniseries is still superior IMO.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Wow!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Completely agree about Shawshank and The Green Mile. Pretty much perfection there.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    A bit surprised that he was as frank as he was about the Christine remake.

His comments about the It remakes are nothing new but I disagree with him on that. The miniseries is still superior IMO.
    I would like to see Christine redone. Although I enjoy the original and it's one of my favorite King books. I didn't care for either IT production. For me, there's just not a good way to adapt it to film.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool interview, Bev!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 54 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast