Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1347

Thread: King appearances, interviews, podcasts...

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

KingCast 109: A Conversation With Stephen King

The day has finally come. The Kingcast boys are joined by the one and only Stephen King to discuss his books, the adaptation process and some incredibly nerdy Dark Tower questions. Topics discussed: the funny story behind the publication of The Dead Zone, King's limited experience with podcasts, what the hell kind of headspace was King in when he wrote Revival, what makes a good Stephen King adaptation and a deeper look at The Dark Tower.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for sharing, Bev. Really enjoyed that.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Stephen King opens up on being 33 years sober and his faith while admitting regrets over past: ‘There are things I would do differently’

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Stephen King opens up on being 33 years sober and his faith while admitting regrets over past: ‘There are things I would do differently’
    The interview: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0015tpd

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

For the completists.....

Stephen King's story "The Dune", will be reprinted in The Penguin Book of the Modern American Short Story, edited by John Freeman, to be released in paperback May 3, 2022 by Penguin Press. A hardback was released last year.

~Jonathan

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

This interview makes me want to give the new Firestarter adaptation a try (I'm not sure if I will; reviews have been tough).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

The Losers' Club: A Stephen King Podcast
    The Stephen King Interview

Stephen King, Alice Hoffman and many NYT bestselling authors come together virtually

Featuring New York Times bestselling authors Isabel Allende, Anthony Doerr, Stephen King, Ann Leary, Richard Russo, and Adriana Trigiani, with a special appearance by actor and comedian Denis Leary.

Mount Auburn Hospital presents Pink Pages 2022, a virtual event hosted by award-winning author and breast cancer survivor Alice Hoffman to benefit the Hoffman Breast Center at Mount Auburn Hospital. Beginning at 7 p.m. EST on Wednesday, June 8, 2022, the evening will feature popular best-selling authors Isabel Allende, Anthony Doerr, Ann Leary, Richard Russo, Adriana Trigiani, and Stephen King, who will share his own personal ghost story. In addition, actor and comedian Denis Leary will make a special guest appearance. Emmy award-winning arts and entertainment critic and cancer crusader Joyce Kulhawik will serve as the evening's emcee.

Event tickets are $150 per person; VIP tickets are available for $500 per person to receive a signed book from each featured author. All proceeds from Pink Pages will benefit the Hoffman Breast Center at Mount Auburn Hospital.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Stephen King, Alice Hoffman and many NYT bestselling authors come together virtually

Featuring New York Times bestselling authors Isabel Allende, Anthony Doerr, Stephen King, Ann Leary, Richard Russo, and Adriana Trigiani, with a special appearance by actor and comedian Denis Leary.

Mount Auburn Hospital presents Pink Pages 2022, a virtual event hosted by award-winning author and breast cancer survivor Alice Hoffman to benefit the Hoffman Breast Center at Mount Auburn Hospital. Beginning at 7 p.m. EST on Wednesday, June 8, 2022, the evening will feature popular best-selling authors Isabel Allende, Anthony Doerr, Ann Leary, Richard Russo, Adriana Trigiani, and Stephen King, who will share his own personal ghost story. In addition, actor and comedian Denis Leary will make a special guest appearance. Emmy award-winning arts and entertainment critic and cancer crusader Joyce Kulhawik will serve as the evening's emcee.

Event tickets are $150 per person; VIP tickets are available for $500 per person to receive a signed book from each featured author. All proceeds from Pink Pages will benefit the Hoffman Breast Center at Mount Auburn Hospital.
    Just to add on to this worthy cause - the books that are "Signed" are signed bookplates.

Traveler PhilWalch will become famous soon enough PhilWalch will become famous soon enough

That is really naughty. I expect some people are going to be fairly angry when they receive bookplates. No mention of bookplates on their sites, only signed books.

Of course it is for charity and a worthy cause but people still expect what is offered. The event is not cheap after all and $500 for 7 bookplates is rather steep.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, let's not forget that the main point of the event is to raise money for the cancer survivor organisation
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Traveler PhilWalch will become famous soon enough PhilWalch will become famous soon enough

Of course, not forgotten hence the mention of it, but under the banner of charity does not the stray detail go astray. People still want what they paid for, and in this instance they will want a signed book for their $500.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Maybe people should back off a little on the whole book plate thing - it's pretty clear if you go to purchase a ticket what you will are getting...

https://e.givesmart.com/events/nOs/

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

They changed it some days ago. It didn't say "Bookplate" at first.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by PhilWalch View Post
    That is really naughty. I expect some people are going to be fairly angry when they receive bookplates. No mention of bookplates on their sites, only signed books.

Of course it is for charity and a worthy cause but people still expect what is offered. The event is not cheap after all and $500 for 7 bookplates is rather steep.
    The $500 is for the Charity to benefit the Hoffman Breast Center at Mount Auburn Hosp.ital.
    The books were an incentive and thank you from the Authors participating.
    As soon as they started getting questions about which books, etc, they changed the information to reflect BOOKPLATES.
    Quite a few of the current buyers of tickets purchased after the change was noted,

I always go into these types of things AWARE that things may not be everything I expected.
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

An extremely worthy cause. NOT TO MENTION... you get a tax receipt. Anyone complaining about this... just don't donate and get those free books then. Pretty simple!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Nobody is suggesting this is not a worthy cause. I simply stated that the information was not clear at the point of going on sale. It is now of course. I donate to various charities including breast cancer charities here in the UK, I am not blind to the subject.

And without trying to rile anyone up any further for making some valid (and fair) points, when a business, a charity, the paperboy, whoever, seeks an exchange of money for a product we are entitled to know from the outset what we are getting. Others may be happy to donate $500 and not be entirely sure of what is provided and that is fine, but when others want to know for certain, that is perfectly reasonable too.

Have a pleasant day one and all.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Out of curiosity, how much can you deduct from your taxes?

I live in France, so won't be able to use it lol. But just for info, in France I believe that we can deduct 30% of donations to taxes
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Out of curiosity, how much can you deduct from your taxes?

I live in France, so won't be able to use it lol. But just for info, in France I believe that we can deduct 30% of donations to taxes
    Tne $500 VIP ticket receipt states FMV (Fair market value) of $67 and it was suggested that meant $433 could be used a taxable gift credit,

NOTE; I am not an accountant so take info as only what heard mentioned.

We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Country
    Country Flag

Meaning that you could pay 433 less taxes with this purchase?
    Sounds all good then, if real!

Anyway, all the VIP tickets have sold. The other ones, not so much

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Meaning that you could pay 433 less taxes with this purchase?
    Sounds all good then, if real!

Anyway, all the VIP tickets have sold. The other ones, not so much
    No

That would make sense and be too easy. The US Tax Code doesn't make sense or make anything easy.

It depends on your filing status, income and other factors. There is also an alternative minimum tax which might wipe out any credits.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

In a couple of days, King will be a reading of an excerpt of "Fairy Tale" : http://www.liljas-library.com/article.php?id=6965

King confirmed for Cheltenham Literature Festival

The festival will return in October for ten days of literature, music and food.

King is set to dial in remotely for a rare interview with BBC Radio 4 journalist Mark Lawson.

King confirmed for Cheltenham Literature Festival

The festival will return in October for ten days of literature, music and food.

King is set to dial in remotely for a rare interview with BBC Radio 4 journalist Mark Lawson.
    Joining an elite list of winners that includes Ted Hughes, Seamus Heaney, Harold Pinter, Margaret Atwood, Anne Tyler, Ian McEwan, John Le Carre, Kazuo Ishiguro, Edna O’Brien and Elena Ferrante, we are thrilled that the recipient of The Sunday Times Award for Literary Excellence 2022 is Stephen King*. The author of more than 50 books, all of them worldwide bestsellers, and with many adapted into some of our biggest films (among them The Shawshank Redemption, It and The Shining), in a rare interview the legendary storyteller speaks to Mark Lawson from his home in the US to accept the award and reflect on a remarkable creative life.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast