Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1347

Thread: King appearances, interviews, podcasts...

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Great news. Thanks, Bev!
    I couldn't find any info on if one can attend virtually. Anyone knows?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Stephen King interviewed by Richard Osman: good, evil and Donald Trump

The master of horror is the winner of the Sunday Times Award for Literary Excellence — and tells Richard Osman how he does it

Unfortunately, this is behind a paywall. If there's anyone who subscribes who'd care to share this with me, I'd appreciate it!

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post

The master of horror is the winner of the Sunday Times Award for Literary Excellence — and tells Richard Osman how he does it

Unfortunately, this is behind a paywall. If there's anyone who subscribes who'd care to share this with me, I'd appreciate it!
    You can read it here.

https://archive.ph/HvWn7
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post

You can read it here.

https://archive.ph/HvWn7
    Thank you!

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

He continues to be obsessed with Trump like I haven't been obsessed with anything since I was obsessed with Phoebe Cates when I was 15.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I’m not surprised you would take issue with what he said given you have an “Nuclear MAGA” avatar of Trump with glowing eyes but of course people are going to be talking about Trump. It’s not like he’s retired from politics and is painting pictures of dogs. He’s at the center of a huge political scandal right now. Why wouldn’t King be talking about him?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Why wouldn’t King be talking about him?
    It's not that King wouldn't ever talk about Trump; it's that he hasn't stopped.

Saying that about someone like Hillary Clinton or Bob Woodward would make sense; saying it about a fiction writer doesn't.

King is hardly alone in suffering this affliction, but an affliction it is.

Country
    Country Flag

Why would he stop when Trump hasn’t? Are only political figures allowed to discuss politics? This concern about King being ‘obsessed’ is solely because you support Trump.

My Collection

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Why would he stop when Trump hasn’t?
    The assumption (of a one-to-one correspondence between Trump and King) implicit in your question is a symptom of similar obsession - this time, on your part.

Are only political figures allowed to discuss politics?
    I said nothing about not "allowing" anyone to discuss anything (you imagined that part).

While speech police do exist, they are part of the left (I, therefore, am not one of them).

This concern about King being ‘obsessed’...
    It's not a concern; it's an observation.

I actually feel bad for King because I think he is generally a good man, but one who suffers from a skewed perception of conservatives and an obsession toward a single individual (a younger King might have had more to say about the FBI's role in current events in Florida).

This concern...is solely because you support Trump.
    You have that impression because you haven't yet had the chance to see the opposite of the current phenomenon (all anti-Trump, all the time) happen.

I would absolutely quickly tire of any entertainer who repeatedly discussed a liberal politician I didn't like.

Country
    Country Flag

No, I mean if Trump is still doing things in the news and everyone is discussing him, why is King discussing it be a problem for you?

You have a NUCLEAR MAGA avatar and your signature is complaining about Trump being investigated for taking classified documents with him so I’m skeptical to say that you are as neutral on this as you suggest. For example J.K. Rowling is far more obsessed with trans people than King is with Trump and yet you defended her here because your views align with hers. It’s not about “I’m just concerned that this person is obsessed” it’s because King’s politics run counter to yours.

My Collection

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...why is King discussing it be a problem for you?
    It isn't a problem (as I said, that part is in your imagination).

I don't think King has ever actually caused me a problem (unless we consider my failure to enjoy bits of his writing "problems," in which case the "answer key" aspect of Duma Key and the absolute directionlessness of Under the Dome are primary candidates, but I digress).

You have a NUCLEAR MAGA avatar and your signature is complaining about Trump being investigated for taking classified documents with him so I’m skeptical to say that you are as neutral on this as you suggest.
    You are free to be skeptical, but my logical nature is behind both my neutrality toward spotting King's obsession and my support of Trump.

For example J.K. Rowling is far more obsessed with trans people than King is with Trump and yet you defended her here because your views align with hers.
    I don't know which is the more dominant characteristic of this comment:

- merely ignorant, for conflating comments on something personal (Rowling's past includes dependence on services now being compromised by the "trans" movement) and King's comments on something general to society

- hostile and misogynist, for characterizing as "obsession" a successful woman's support for women in the face of a movement geared toward usurping and undercutting not only women's role in society but their very safety.

Of course, if you are one of those "trans women are women" people, this (as well as any basic factual argument) is all as meaningless to you as genitals, and it is my mistake for thinking you could follow along.

Country
    Country Flag

See, you just proved my point. The mask of neutrality just slipped there when you went off on trans people. You wholeheartedly endorse Rowling’s views on trans people (probably not her views on a woman’s right to have an abortion, though) so you support her for talking it about it non-stop.

You are also NUCLEAR MAGA for Trump (your concerns about misogyny for supporting trans people being a bit ironic while supporting a guy who boasts about sexual assault, has been accused of rape by different women and regularly demeans them but I digress) so if King talks about Trump while he’s currently being investigated by the FBI… well, he’s obsessed and you just feel sorry for him.

In the end it just comes down to which celebrity you personally agree with.

My Collection

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I must honestly admit I agree with REDACTED, due to hiREDACTED, heREDACTED, theREDACTED, views regarding, specifically traREDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED REDACTED and the incontestable, documented fact of TrREDACTED's statement as given to the FREDACTED, during his ilREDACTED seizREDACTED, when he was held at GuREDACTED.

I certainly hope this clears up, with full transparency, once and for all, my views on this important matter.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

St. Troy ..."- hostile and misogynist, for characterizing as "obsession" a successful woman's support for women in the face of a movement geared toward usurping and undercutting not only women's role in society but their very safety..."

Please edify us as to exactly what is "a woman's role in society."

And transgender effecting "...their very safety..." What the Hades does that mean? If it's the trite old bathroom arguement - no one is threatening our safety.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

We are treading very close to a (potentially endless and thread killing) political debate. Please don't devolve this thread to the point it has to be closed. Continue the political thoughts in a more appropriate thread.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guess that in september, King may appear (in person or via Zoom) to a couple of promo interviews?
    - The View w Whoopi?
    - Colbert

Others?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

There's a new Entertainment Weekly special all Stephen King issue featuring articles about his books and movies. I think one of these was produced a few years ago, so probably not much new content here.

Looks like there is a FAIRY TALE excerpt however.

Amazon link: https://www.amazon.com/Entertainment...s%2C117&sr=8-2

~Jonathan

Country
    Country Flag

The previous one was from 2019 :

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I guess that in september, King may appear (in person or via Zoom) to a couple of promo interviews?
    - The View w Whoopi?
    - Colbert

Others?
    Hoping Bev can provide us an update of where and when Stephen will be doing some appearance promoting Fairy Tale.
    He is usually the man in the know about Sai King. Always love to catch him doing his TV show drop byes.
    Always good to see him and pick up clues of what is happening next/ Also good to see how he feels about what's up.

Loved the interview by KING of BEV Vincent as it showed great respect for one another.
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

That site needs a copy editor. SK's name is correctly spelled in the headline and twice misspelled in the text.

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

Bev,
    Is the Big Thrill an online only magazine or is it printed? Would love to find a copy.
    thanks!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 54 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 ... LastLast