Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the best movie character of all time?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Joker (The Dark Knight)

21 63.64%
  • Vito Corleone (The Godfather)

12 36.36%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: BMCOAT - Quarter Finals, Bracket 2 of 4

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default BMCOAT - Quarter Finals, Bracket 2 of 4

The Joker (The Dark Knight)

Vito Corleone (The Godfather)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Still an easy one for me

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

joker
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

This one is turning into an early landslide
    Sloth Love Chunk

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Two iconic characters.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

This is a mismatch, for as good as Marlon Brando was, Heath Ledger was much better.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post
    This is a mismatch, for as good as Marlon Brando was, Heath Ledger was much better.
    two questions (and i am not picking on bruno)

1. are we voting for the character or the performance? and yes, i know the latter informs the former

b. (more a comment than a question) don't forget deniro's performance as vito in part 2. that was something spectacular. i know it says "the godfather" but i believe that characters that are in more than one film are being considered for all of it, yes?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This one somehow seems an unfair comparison.......but

The Joker. That was one helluva performance. Still Vito (Brando/DeNiro) is the more Iconic Character overall IMHO
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

If Joker loses this...I'll kill myself.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jayson View Post

1. are we voting for the character or the performance? and yes, i know the latter informs the former
    Both.

b. (more a comment than a question) don't forget deniro's performance as vito in part 2. that was something spectacular. i know it says "the godfather" but i believe that characters that are in more than one film are being considered for all of it, yes?
    Touche - De Niro's performance as a young Vito was spot on... however, for me, there are very little performances that can match and/or surpass the raw power of Ledger's Joker. He is such a visual tour de force, such a force of nature, that you cannot take your eyes off of him everytime he's on the screen. I can understand that Ledger's performance , and maybe the actual character of the Joker didn't resonate as strongly with some as it did with others, but for me, personally, it is one of the finest performances of this decade.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I actually thought Nicholson was a better Joker.
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    You're not alone , I've read a lot of posts from users across different forums that feel the same way.

I respectfully disagree. Although Nicholson's turn as the Joker is memorable, you still get that Jack-With-Makeup vibe. Whereas in Ledger's interpretation, there isn't a single trace of the actor in the character, he completely loses himself in his portrayal of the Joker. Nicholson was good, but Heath was just something special.

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I voted for the joker in this poll. And, I think Ledger did a fantastic job. I just think Jack was a perfect cast for the character.. I mean is it that the Joker looks like Jack with makeup or that Jack looks like the Joker without makeup?

I also like Tim Burton's film better, but I think that is outside the scope of this poll.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Still an easy one for me

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    If Joker loses this...I'll kill myself.

You both are talking from my heart. How are you doing that?!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

And here is where the joker loses it for me. Sorry Heath!

See you in the clearing Amanda.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

bears don't care either way

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by jayson View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by John Blaze View Post

The Performance and the character. We're not voting as the character Joker from the entire Batman universe versus the Godfather, we're voting Ledger's Joker in The Dark Knight versus Marlon Brando AS Vito Corleone in The Godfather.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BROWNINGS CHILDE View Post
    You're not alone , I've read a lot of posts from users across different forums that feel the same way.

I respectfully disagree. Although Nicholson's turn as the Joker is memorable, you still get that Jack-With-Makeup vibe. Whereas in Ledger's interpretation, there isn't a single trace of the actor in the character, he completely loses himself in his portrayal of the Joker. Nicholson was good, but Heath was just something special.
    agreed.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

why so seriousssss?
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Country
    Country Flag

i thought this was gonna be a run-a-way at first...gettin a little too close
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Have you officially consulted the erstwhile ursine population on this matter?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Have you officially consulted the erstwhile ursine population on this matter?
    Yes.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Go Bears!!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Great Old One DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge is a glorious beacon of light DoctorDodge's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Here's the thing: although the Godfather films are pretty darn good, and as fantastic as De Niro's performance as Vito Corleone is, i just feel so much more...compelled to watch TDK. A lot. I even have Batman Begins on dvd and i'd still prefer to just skip to TDK (which is very unusual for me to skip to a sequel!). It's mainly down to Heath Ledger's incredible and highly quotable performance as the Joker, so he definitely gets my vote!

Of course, if this was a poll over who's the greatest totally-psychopathic-and-yet-most-awesome-villain-of-all-time poll, well, trust me: even with Heath Ledger's Joker performance nominated you'd be getting a very, very different answer!
    Never be cruel and never be cowardly. And if you ever are, always make amends.

You are a walking talking Doctor Who encyclopedia to me.
    - Melike

Country
    Country Flag

i remember seeing the very first trailer for TDK in theaters, and with it just showing a few clips, and no names or anything. i didn't even realize that the joker was being played by Ledger. i had no idea who the guy was.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast