Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 192 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 157 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WeDealInLead View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    HEY EVERYONE....NEW LISTINGS JUST POSTED....2 BIG ITEMS SOLD AGAIN IN ABOUT 90 SECONDS...AM I PRICING WRONG???
    not pricing wrong if you want to sale in 90 seconds... but I'm thinking that someone might have seen and gotten a good deal
    You never know. Maybe they wouldn't have sold or would've taken longer if it were higher. If you're satisfied with the profit margin - the price is right.
    and keeping it real... maybe it would have sold for a LOT more too... but like I said... it's all about what david's goals are... make more money, or move inventory in 90 seconds.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

The prices seemed fair
    You still have many books to still sell.....
    Lots of people out there without lettered editions I think!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

They were obviously someone's needful things.

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

If they sold out in 90 seconds, the prices were too low from a retailers standpoint. Evidently they were great from a customer(s) standpoint.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    If they sold out in 90 seconds, the prices were too low from a retailers standpoint. Evidently they were great from a customer(s) standpoint.
    agreed... 99.9 % of the potential buyers didn't even get to see the forsale sign.
    If I put my house on the market and it sold in the first hour... I'd really have to question my realtor's suggested price.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure...90 second sales will keep a lot more people checking alot more often and those people will buy. They might be the smart move. If you're making a profit you're happy with and the customers are happy too that's a good thing. It could be balanced out even with keeping the same margin on the big stuff and maybe having a slightly higher margin on all of the smaller stuff that all of those people going to your business are going to buy.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

I wonder if the release of two $2,500 lettered editions this past month sort of put a higher value on lettered editions in people's heads?...

If I remember right there was a lettered regulators on ABE at $4,500 that sat for months. I don't keep historical data on abe listings though so don't quote me on the price for sure, it's been a while since it sold.
    Thanks much,

The Collector www.stephenkingcollector.com
    --Your source for info on rare Stephen King--

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

We there sure is some great stuff listed at the moment. I was a little surprised to see the IT portfolio sell for $200. Guess they've crept up in price while I wasn't looking.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Further down in the listings where The Shining cases are, I noticed that two of them only have the art, but no case. I wonder why it would be that way.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I am confused by that also.

EDIT:
    It seems DicK Olson never manufactured those cases.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I’m still confused… The pictures of the art that David has listed shows three cases – PP, QQ, and RR. So, if there are pictures of the PP and QQ sets, how can the case itself no longer be available?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

You will have to confirm with David, but I would speculate that the pictures of art in the cases was the same case with art changed for photo purposes. I see no actual case cover with the letters..

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Further down in the listings where The Shining cases are, I noticed that two of them only have the art, but no case. I wonder why it would be that way.

EDIT:
    I’m still confused… The pictures of the art that David has listed shows three cases – PP, QQ, and RR. So, if there are pictures of the PP and QQ sets, how can the case itself no longer be available?
    You will have to confirm with David, but I would speculate that the pictures of art in the cases was the same case with art changed for photo purposes. I see no actual case cover with the letters..
    Since, Dick will be unavailable for a week or so maybe I can help. The (I think) four cases that Betts has are on consignment. If they are in fact ordered by anyone. Dick ships direct according to David's instrux. Therefore, David really only needed pics of the art for display as the cases are all the same except for the lettering. The finances are settled by David and Dick and do not matter to the buyer, not to sound "snarky" or anything. One or two examples of the actual case seemed to be satisfactory for sales purposes.

Does that help? By all means feel free to confirm with either Dick or David, but I think I recall correctly.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

EDIT:
    Since, Dick will be unavailable for a week or so maybe I can help. The (I think) four cases that Betts has are on consignment. If they are in fact ordered by anyone. Dick ships direct according to David's instrux. Therefore, David really only needed pics of the art for display as the cases are all the same except for the lettering. The finances are settled by David and Dick and do not matter to the buyer, not to sound "snarky" or anything. One or two examples of the actual case seemed to be satisfactory for sales purposes.

Does that help? By all means feel free to confirm with either Dick or David, but I think I recall correctly.
    Wrong!
    The art can be purchased without a case. Thus the price difference. For an additional amount the case will be produced.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

EDIT:

Wrong!
    The art can be purchased without a case. Thus the price difference. For an additional amount the case will be produced.
    I know for a fact that all the cases were built. I didn't check David's listing. but if he is selling the art without a case for a lower price then more power to him. Dick and I were just talking about the cases sitting around the shop. I would imagine then that if you purchase the art sans the case the case will be repurposed. Dick can sand the cover and move on. Or. maybe he did something with those cases already. He doesn't always make me privy to every tiny detail of his dealings.

I know at some point 4 were on consignment with Betts and 4 with another website. David sold one quickly and it would appear that the other deal expired and Dick gave the entire remaining cases to David.

They really are wonderful cases and art and you folks should snap them up!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok Methuselah.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok Methuselah.
    LOL Wise-Ass!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks gentlemen! I've been on the fence about one if the cases for awhile, and then my interest peaked after I saw some of David's new Shining offerings... only to see one of the cases disappear!

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

I posted this in the P & J thread, but I need to give a shout and thanks to David for this.
    He sent me an email saying he upgraded my gunslinger copy to one from his personal collection as as he was not satisfied with the copy he had listed for sale..It also came with a new rolled DJ.
    edit......also came with a gunslinger slipcase from the collector........

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome!
    That David is a class act.

Citizen of Gilead Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia is a jewel in the rough Coulrophobia's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I am sure this has been posted somewhere else (To many search results.), but I personally think this is a nice custom clamshell case for that book.

http://www.tbclrarebooks.com/pages/b...hell-case-only

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thats a cool case! I like the raised illustration on the cover.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

First I have seen of it. Very nice, but at $250 I will pass.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

First I have seen of it. Very nice, but at $250 I will pass.
    they have several others around $150 range. I was going to buy Carrie, but i just know when i do someone will come up with a cheaper version!

Maerlyn's Imp sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999 is just really nice sgc1999's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the Carrie clamshell case for my 1st/1st. Its very solid. I love it. I think I paid about $150 but dolso didn't have any Carrie cases at the time

+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 192 FirstFirst ... 7 47 55 56 57 58 59 67 107 157 ... LastLast