Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 178 of 192 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,450 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice print
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That is an awesome print. And yes, I recognize a lot of those names from BOB .Buck Compton, Wild Bill" Guarnere, Don Malarkey, Frank Perconte, Shifty Powers and Ron Speirs. Man I loved Shifty and Speirs. That's really fantastic. A big congrats on that one.

Gunslinger Apprentice M_O_O_N has a little shameless behaviour in the past M_O_O_N's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by M_O_O_N View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    So many nice items...
    Yeppers. Hoping for three. Will settle for at least one.
    0 for 3
    There are no coincidences. Only Ka.
    ~I don't like rep points! ~
    Please use only the 'I disapprove' option for me. (If it do ya fine.)

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice print
    Thank you!

That is an awesome print. And yes, I recognize a lot of those names from BOB .Buck Compton, Wild Bill" Guarnere, Don Malarkey, Frank Perconte, Shifty Powers and Ron Speirs. Man I loved Shifty and Speirs. That's really fantastic. A big congrats on that one.
    Thanks! I've been looking for a Dick Winters-signed Publisher Proof and wasn't going to buy until I found one, but couldn't pass on this opportunity ... they just don't come up at reasonable prices very often. I bought from a fellow collector that I've known for awhile, he made me an offer I couldn't refuse. This will be the 33rd Valor Studios print in my collection, all signed by the BOB and other WWII vets; now I'll need to find wall space!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    So many nice items...
    Yeppers. Hoping for three. Will settle for at least one.
    0 for 3
    What were you shooting for? I didn’t do much better. Struck out on both the 2nd/3rd states of ‘Salem’s Lot, but was fortunate enough to claim John’s Wizard and Glass ARC (Plume).

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I was 0 for 4. Went after The Shining and The Stand 1st/1st, TMSG, and signed Dr. Sleep. No problem, at least I got a FDNS signed today.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

0 for 4, I think I had 3 in at 4:04, and the 4th at 4:11.

Was tempted to just prewrite an email with the top 2 or 3 items from Johns spreadsheet and press send as soon as the list went up, but figured I should check that they were on this 1st batch, and to have the official item number in the email. Didn't think it would be fair to do otherwise. From Davids post sounds like some did use that strategy.

Well I think there are still 15 items on the next list that I am still looking for so maybe I will be luckey and get a few.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    I was 0 for 4. Went after The Shining and The Stand 1st/1st, TMSG, and signed Dr. Sleep. No problem, at least I got a FDNS signed today.
    I would love a near as perfect as I can get 1st/1st of The Stand.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Yea, i have been looking for clean copies and inscribed copies of The Stand, The Shining and Night Shift myself.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Sounds like I'm SOL as well as The Shining and The Stand were on my list too.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I want to remind everyone that the current listing at Betts is just a fraction of what there is. There's lots more to come!

John

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I want to remind everyone that the current listing at Betts is just a fraction of what there is. There's lots more to come!

John
    John,
    Is the plan to do weekly/monthly listings or wait until the current list has run its course?
    Also.. Are you planning any auctions for some of the premium items?

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It's all up to David. I've given him permission to do what he wants.

John

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I got lucky and went 1 for 1; looking forward to the next round!
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by George at C-Springs View Post
    I got lucky and went 1 for 1; looking forward to the next round!
    That's great. Congrats.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

"Keep your expectations low and you will rarely be disappointed"

Gunslinger Apprentice Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    0 for 4, I think I had 3 in at 4:04, and the 4th at 4:11.

Was tempted to just prewrite an email with the top 2 or 3 items from Johns spreadsheet and press send as soon as the list went up, but figured I should check that they were on this 1st batch, and to have the official item number in the email. Didn't think it would be fair to do otherwise. From Davids post sounds like some did use that strategy.

Well I think there are still 15 items on the next list that I am still looking for so maybe I will be luckey and get a few.
    Yeah, exactly. Thought about doing that as soon as the clock struck 4, but seemed a bit unfair. Hopefully in the next couple of batches, David might consider only accepting orders with the item number, not by book title. Seems like that would further level things a bit.

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Disclaimer....this isn't directed toward anyone specific...just commenting I general based off all the posts I have read here and on FB in regards to thibgs needing to be more fair.

I understand people want certain books and it sucks to miss out but how many rules and stipulations can we ask to be out in place.
    I was on my phone at 4 as soon as it went live, I had the list ahead of time from John and I missed all 4 books I asked for. Had my email in at 401. When people list a single book on here or on the King rare page is not fair that someone got it before you because you we're not given a heads up it ws being listed? Should we have to send out a post 24 hours in advance informing everyone that we will be listing a DT2 first edition at 345pm the following day. Part of collecting is hunting for the books and getting the best deal you can. I don't think David can be any more fair in his listings. He gave everyone a few days notice of the posting and he posted it exactly on time.
    I just think if he keeps hearing about doing this and that to be more fair he's going to get annoyed. Maybe the next posting is just listed without any notice or warning,. And it's all luck of the draw if you happen to see it posted right away or 6 hours later.
    David does a fine job and puts in a lot of work...I feel like all the suggestions may be a bit much.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by namelessnpoor View Post
    Disclaimer....this isn't directed toward anyone specific...just commenting I general based off all the posts I have read here and on FB in regards to thibgs needing to be more fair.

I understand people want certain books and it sucks to miss out but how many rules and stipulations can we ask to be out in place.
    I was on my phone at 4 as soon as it went live, I had the list ahead of time from John and I missed all 4 books I asked for. Had my email in at 401. When people list a single book on here or on the King rare page is not fair that someone got it before you because you we're not given a heads up it ws being listed? Should we have to send out a post 24 hours in advance informing everyone that we will be listing a DT2 first edition at 345pm the following day. Part of collecting is hunting for the books and getting the best deal you can. I don't think David can be any more fair in his listings. He gave everyone a few days notice of the posting and he posted it exactly on time.
    I just think if he keeps hearing about doing this and that to be more fair he's going to get annoyed. Maybe the next posting is just listed without any notice or warning,. And it's all luck of the draw if you happen to see it posted right away or 6 hours later.
    David does a fine job and puts in a lot of work...I feel like all the suggestions may be a bit much.
    I'm not in the FB group but I haven't seen anything here really in regards to changing how David is doing it. Hopefully he's not influenced by outside sources and sticks to what he did the first time. It honestly can't get more fair then that. I submitted a list hours after it was released and actually still scored a book.

Folks sell books all different times of the day and night and you just have to be in right place at the right time. I completely agree with you on that aspect.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I had mentioned to David the possibility of taking the first 3 requests for each of the items highly in demand, and have a simple drawing. Sort of levels the playing field a bit, but creates even more work for him.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

David discussed with me the rules established and I agreed with him that what he did was the fairest way to handle things.

I think, to keep the number of requests down, that you ask for items only by their numbers. Some people asked for items that were on my spreadsheet but not yet listed on the screen as available. This took some time from him to respond that could have been better used to address legitimate requests.

Best of luck to everyone!

John

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    David discussed with me the rules established and I agreed with him that what he did was the fairest way to handle things.

I think, to keep the number of requests down, that you ask for items only by their numbers. Some people asked for items that were on my spreadsheet but not yet listed on the screen as available. This took some time from him to respond that could have been better used to address legitimate requests.

Best of luck to everyone!

John

I think it went great! I got 3 of 10 books I wanted. I plan on buying more. Feel free to come visit them anytime John!

Thank You!

Complainers will always complain.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

There was nothing on the list I wanted, so I'm not complaining.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel both John and David did everything absolutely the way it should be done; there was more than enough notice of exactly when and how things would execute, and that's exactly how it went. If you tried to cheat the system by not actually checking the Betts listing, well then party foul on you. If you happened to pick a book that somebody (or multiple somebodies) was also going after, then it literally could have come down to who copied and pasted and clicked send the fastest; you really can't expect to be the only person looking for a certain book, especially on some of the very popular titles (of which there were a lot!).

I signed into Betts 20 minutes early and made sure I had a solid connection; while I was waiting I browsed older sales to make sure I hadn't missed something. I signed into my e-mail and prepared a message to David, with the blank space in the body of the message being the item number and description that would come from David's page (not John's list ... that's cheating). When the list went live I found my #1 item, copied, pasted into the email, and clicked send. No cheating the system, no gaming anything; I was fully prepared and executed exactly as I figured everyone else would do.

I then went back and looked for my #2, #3, etc.; they weren't there, so I shopped around for anything else of interest. There were some, but I chose to save my money for later listings and give other folks opportunities. I have missed out on MANY Betts (and other) sales because I was not prepared or could not be on the computer when a sale started; that's life, that's how things go. It totally sucked when I was stationed overseas, that never worked for anything. This time it all came together, and I was fortunate enough to get the one item that I requested.

So David, John, good on you; don't change a thing ... it couldn't have been more level of a playing field and was perfectly fair. Collectors, there are many more great items coming!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I had mentioned to David the possibility of taking the first 3 requests for each of the items highly in demand, and have a simple drawing. Sort of levels the playing field a bit, but creates even more work for him.
    I agree it's a good idea and would definitely create more work given the level of interest.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 178 of 192 FirstFirst ... 78 128 168 176 177 178 179 180 188 ... LastLast