Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 117 of 192 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 167 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I would LOVE to own that Firestarter set. Been trying to convince my wife that it be a nice bday gift for my bday this year! Lol
    Haha... Nice set. I had my finger on the trigger for that too, and it was an image of my wife's reaction that stopped me!

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    I really like the Nebel limited......Bob is right in that it is the first appearance (true 1st).....
    I said that ES was the worldwide first publication. I'm not sure about Nebel. "The Mist" first appeared in the anthology DARK FORCES in 1980. Nebel was published in 1986. So maybe the Edition Phantasia edition could be called the first separate publication?

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Can someone tell me why Nebel is worth so much? I just don't see the allure of it being in another language... sorry.. thanks guys.
    The illustrations are really cool. They have a medieval feel to them, very different from any other King illustration. Plus the backstory on the book and the limited number of surviving copies is interesting. I can see the allure of such an exclusive item and it's not like I read any of my signed limiteds anyway.
    I've never liked the illustrations that were used by Edition Phantasia for Nebel. They are beyond weird to me and most have nothing at all to do with the story. If anyone can honestly say that they see any correlation between the images and the story I will seriously suspect that they are taking hallucinogens.
    Haha, I like the illustrations because they are just so surreal and I like wondering what the hell they have to do with the story. The one with the spiders makes sense and the one with with the many-headed serpent kind of makes sense... The others are pretty far out there. I assume they probably reference the alternate dimension theme of the story combined with the biblical doom aspect of Mrs. Carmody's perspective mixed with a little general craziness... hmmmm, did somebody slip some LSD in my drink?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    David
    I have a set of the Green Mile proofs but they are not signed sadly...
    EVERYBODY seems to have a set of these! I might have to sell mine off as they are so common.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Rabbit Trick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    David
    I have a set of the Green Mile proofs but they are not signed sadly...
    EVERYBODY seems to have a set of these! I might have to sell mine off as they are so common.

Has anyone made an actual count? Reports are there were no more than 10 #6 printed

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a complete set.

John

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I have a complete set.
    Me too.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey all.. I had just a few books left for sale at Betts... and they are 20% off reg price.. A STEAL. Talisman for $160??? come on!! lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Posting 111 NEW items tomorrow between 1 and 2 is my goal...LOTS to load....some S/Ls, signed trades but a whole bunch of just regular 1st editions too. And if I get time...lowered prices on some existing stuff too. Stay tuned.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I have a complete set.
    Me too.
    me 3

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know where 4 other sets are (they are NOT members here)

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Posting 111 NEW items tomorrow between 1 and 2 is my goal...LOTS to load....some S/Ls, signed trades but a whole bunch of just regular 1st editions too. And if I get time...lowered prices on some existing stuff too. Stay tuned.
    I hope some UK firsts!!
    ~Jonathan

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Posting should happen at 1pm sharp...111 new items and REDUCED prices (some 25% off!!!) on 5 other collections. Lots for everyone!

My problem is painter coming to house at 1 to give quotes (despite fact I told my wife we have to watch $$ spent), then have to babysit two 3 year old very ACTIVE twin boys for 2 hours this afternoon (again wife volunteered me/us) and then she invited a woman to dinner so this afternoon looks KAPUT to me...Wont be responding to many emails...sorry!!!

Citizen of Gilead Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg has a spectacular aura about Aronstg's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The Bettts offerings are live folks. Get them while you can. Two Salem's Lot S/L's there at a good price! Wish I had those funds available.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

nice listing David...

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

These 3am (Aussie time) Betts sales are ruining my sleep, and therefore my ability to work to pay for the books I've just bought from Betts.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

GREAT POST!!! Had to grab a couple!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    These 3am (Aussie time) Betts sales are ruining my sleep, and therefore my ability to work to pay for the books I've just bought from Betts.

I always see these WHILE I'm at work which is a nice reminder about why I keep doing this %&$# for a living

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Signed Cell ($350) is a value. House next Door S/L should be considered. Creepshow 1st ($50) is easy.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I sent out an email after the fact for simply 2 books. I'm spent. Literally as shown in the Pride and Joy thread. Spent!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Grabbed a few goodies.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Will try to catch up on mails today....Yesterday afternoon, I had to drive my daughter to work and upon return, my wife and I had to babysit twin 4 year old high-maintenance boys for 2.5 hours while mom was at doctors and then we entertained a guest for dinner (I had to help prep dinner)....so I was not able to get to all emails (TONS!). I think I stopped at emails that arrived at 1:51pm so I have loads more to sift through (by time stamp) later today once I get off this freakin other job (which I have to stay late this morning to cover for my partner).

Country
    Country Flag

Was an awesome listing and discounts David - worth my 3am spending spree and staggering around at work all day with my eyes hanging out of my head.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Was an awesome listing and discounts David - worth my 3am spending spree and staggering around at work all day with my eyes hanging out of my head.
    LOVE this post. Positive rep coming your way. LOL
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Signed Cell ($350) is a value. House next Door S/L should be considered. Creepshow 1st ($50) is easy.
    Not sure which one (House Next Door) this is.... the slipcase one's are only 225 total no?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 117 of 192 FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 167 ... LastLast