Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 182 of 192 FirstFirst ... 82 132 172 180 181 182 183 184 ... LastLast
Results 4,526 to 4,550 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

David's posting today on Betts is really upsetting to me. I sat there reading his entire post shaking my head - enraged.

I know that so many of us in this forum love and appreciate David's work at Betts and it really grinds my gears the comments I've seen different places with people venting their frustration at not being able to get a book they want. As if David gets some pleasure of telling paying customers "No."

The negativity that David has read over the past couple of weeks is nauseating. We are BLESSED to have David at the helm of Betts. Each and every day we need to remember that this is an honest and caring man who has a THANKLESS job that he spends countless hours organizing and classifying, packing and shipping, processing payments -- BY HIMSELF. All while earning a marginal % of a book already really fairly priced.

David, know that so many of us love you and are rooting for you - each and every day. Every good word your way is earned 10 fold and every negative one is sent out of petty selfishness. I'm sorry you had to post that response but also even more sorry for what you felt in reading peoples complaints. You're very loved and appreciated my friend.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I agree with David and I think that it's good t hat he sticks to his guns. Because he set the rules, therefore he decides.
    Yes, I have seen John's spreadsheets a few months ago. But David is selling his collection.

It would be too easy for me to say that I want x,y,z and therefore send John's spreadsheets to, let's say row 100-200, because I want them. Anybody could easily do that and triple the price, no matter what.
    David posted his rules, so I will only get x if I follow his rules and I am the first to reply. And you know what? That's fair enough! David is doing it in all fariness.

At the very worst I save money by not spending it.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I completely agree Kenny. It was disappointing to get shut out again, but it just shows how much the collecting community has grown. I’m glad that David has gotten an overwhelming response to John’s collection. As a one-man operation, I just wish they would have a better appreciation for what he’s done for us over the years.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I agree. I just simply don't understand. This is a solemn occasion in my mind and people are making it into a bad thing by sending him "want" lists ahead of time
    when David already said that it was first come first serve. I mean sending entire lists seems kind of bad to me. What is wrong people. This is to celebrate the
    life of John. YOU are now the caretaker of something that was once in his collection. It's not my way, but buying something from this collection that may
    be priced "low" and then quickly trying to sell it sounds crappy TO ME. I would never do that. If other people do that's there business but not mine.
    I hope I get lucky enough to get something from the collection. I will keep on trying. But to read that message hurt. David has always been fair. And I
    hope people have not been emailing trying to negotiate prices. That is just plain bad manners. Like I said, I really hope I can get something from the collection.
    I will treasure it and never let it go.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Betts has small listing and new private auction posted!

Goldmember Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold Lot guy is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Hope it raises some money and helps David!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lot guy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Hope it raises some money and helps David!
    Agreed. Super kind of them to do this for Betts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

this WILL sell

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    this WILL sell
    Oh I knew it would. Congrats buddy... few pals of mine are putting in bids

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    this WILL sell

Would be interesting to see what this goes for tomorrow.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post
    this WILL sell

Would be interesting to see what this goes for tomorrow.
    Im guessing $5K +
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

If I am reading it right, that RN If it bleeds went for $2,951.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

New silent auction to be launched today apparently.
    Oh and the release date for the next batch of Jhanic's collection
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    New silent auction to be launched today apparently.
    Oh and the release date for the next batch of Jhanic's collection
    Very intrigued on the silent auction

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool

Well, it's up.
    SILENT AUCTION: 1st EDITION GUNSLINGER (1982 Grant; Fine-/Near Fine to Near Fine+ DJ) SIGNED BY ARTIST MICHAEL WHELAN IN AFTERMARKET SLIPCASE
    MINIMUM BID: $900
    David's page has more info.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I’m curious why that is an auction, as it’s not a super rare item like the other auctions have been.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I’m curious why that is an auction, as it’s not a super rare item like the other auctions have been.
    Most likely a request from the seller.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, put in request for 1 item, but took me 5 minutes to find it, so probably lost out on it. Fingers crossed.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Well, put in request for 1 item, but took me 5 minutes to find it, so probably lost out on it. Fingers crossed.
    Totally in the same boat. I think I sent my email at 12:04 (CA time). I was afraid of scrolling past the book I was looking for.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm interested in several items and i was really fast on the first 3. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Country
    Country Flag

Got two I REALLY wanted. Put in for a few more.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool

I put in for a a few. Nothing major. But all stuff that I think would be cool to have. But I have not heard back from David yet so I am not sure. I thought I sent in right away but looking at the time stamps it looks like I did not. Oh well. Maybe next time.

Citizen of Gilead Cuppa is a jewel in the rough Cuppa is a jewel in the rough Cuppa is a jewel in the rough

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

Put in for an initial 3 (which got the YOURS email) plus another 2 in a later email with no reply on those yet.
    📚 My Collection 📚

🔎 Please help me find UK Proofs 🇬🇧 - specifically Institute, Fairy Tale, Eyes of the Dragon, Different Seasons, The Gunslinger, plus any others 🤪

Citizen of Gilead Cuppa is a jewel in the rough Cuppa is a jewel in the rough Cuppa is a jewel in the rough

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

Got two I REALLY wanted. Put in for a few more.
    Awesome. What two did you get?
    📚 My Collection 📚

🔎 Please help me find UK Proofs 🇬🇧 - specifically Institute, Fairy Tale, Eyes of the Dragon, Different Seasons, The Gunslinger, plus any others 🤪

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Someone edged me out of the Ubris Magazine....hoping it was someone here.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 182 of 192 FirstFirst ... 82 132 172 180 181 182 183 184 ... LastLast