Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 179 of 192 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 177 178 179 180 181 189 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,475 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

+1, George. I haven't been slutty enough of late so gotta spread it around some more.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    David discussed with me the rules established and I agreed with him that what he did was the fairest way to handle things.

I think, to keep the number of requests down, that you ask for items only by their numbers. Some people asked for items that were on my spreadsheet but not yet listed on the screen as available. This took some time from him to respond that could have been better used to address legitimate requests.

Best of luck to everyone!

John
    Thanks, John. This is what I was trying to say in my earlier post - maybe didn’t come across very clearly. I think it was more than fair to give everyone advance notice. Also agree with namlessndpoor and George that missing out is just part of it when things get competitive. David does so much for this collecting community, that he doesn’t need to be told how to do it. It was a unique situation where some people knew what was going to be listed ahead of time, and could request books by name without scrolling through the list. Some did, and that’s fine. I just agree with you, John, that requesting by listing number might work better.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I made the mistake of request by list number, which meant I actually looked at the list even though I have a spreadsheet as well. No biggie
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Any idea of when the next batch will be up for sale?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

next batch (guess) early December. I got over 400 emails (down to last 50) since Friday....I need to get thru emails and want to ship orders before I launch next batch.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds good to me. Thanks very much, David.

John

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've created a new thread, listed below and with John's permission, to showcase his collection in the hands of its new caretakers.

Caretakers of John Hanic's Collection
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I've created a new thread, listed below and with John's permission, to showcase his collection in the hands of its new caretakers.

Great idea! Can you add a mini biography? How he started collecting? When he become king of proofs! Etc...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post

Great idea! Can you add a mini biography? How he started collecting? When he become king of proofs! Etc...
    I'll get with John and see if he's up to writing something up for the thread.

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

More than 78.5% of the 1st tranche of the John Hanic collection has been sold. Despite that high percentage of "sold" items, there are still bargains available, amazingly! I plan to wait another week before I decide whether to buy a couple of lots but there are some nice items tempting me. I personally look forward to the next tranche and hope that I get lucky with a bid(s). Kudos to David for a bang-up job, as usual. And John, it will be an honor for me to refer to some of my books as "ex-Hanic!"

John

Country
    Country Flag

What does F&G mean in some of the listings?

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I believe folded and gathered.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Not familiar with those terms in regards to collecting.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

It’s the step in printing before the book is bound. Can be used as a final review before printing and binding.

Country
    Country Flag

It’s the step in printing before the book is bound. Can be used as a final review before printing and binding.
    Thanks, Joe. Learned something today.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I believe that they are also commonly known as "blue lines"
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I believe that they are also commonly known as "blue lines"
    I have one of these for "The Road to the Dark Tower". It would be cool to have one for an actual King book, but at least I have one.

Bluelines are a digitally printed proof of the book that the printer sends you before printing begins, so you can check that everything is where it should be. Bluelines are not printed on the same paper as the real book will be. (In the old days, they were actually blue due to the method used to produce them, which is where the name came from.)

The F&Gs are the actual printed signatures (groupings of pages, usually in groups of 8 or 16) that can be bound to form the book. They have been "folded and gathered" together:

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

Country
    Country Flag

Well now, Brian, I'm gonna need those for my Hill collection. You do realize this

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian James Freeman View Post
    Bluelines are a digitally printed proof of the book that the printer sends you before printing begins, so you can check that everything is where it should be. Bluelines are not printed on the same paper as the real book will be. (In the old days, they were actually blue due to the method used to produce them, which is where the name came from.)

The F&Gs are the actual printed signatures (groupings of pages, usually in groups of 8 or 16) that can be bound to form the book. They have been "folded and gathered" together:

Brian
    Thanks for the info! Are F&Gs cut to size as well, or are they larger than the final pages?

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

Thanks for the info! Are F&Gs cut to size as well, or are they larger than the final pages?

HBJ
    They would need to be larger. They could be deckled and bound or trimmed after binding.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the F&G explanation, I too was wondering what that meant, and was going to ask.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations on a successful first run John. I know you've heard it a thousand times but I'll also say that I'm sorry you're having to sell. What a collection you amassed though! I hope it helps you and your family out and I imagine we'll all be there one day so you're not alone.
    I didn't get anything this go round but look forward to seeing everything that you lovingly collected!

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Congratulations on a successful first run John. I know you've heard it a thousand times but I'll also say that I'm sorry you're having to sell. What a collection you amassed though! I hope it helps you and your family out and I imagine we'll all be there one day so you're not alone.
    I didn't get anything this go round but look forward to seeing everything that you lovingly collected!
    I don't think it can be repeated enough, to be honest. I know that my purchase will be cherished for many years to come.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi all, I've been away for a while, mainly due to not having money to put toward the hobby, but the "Later" sale enticed me back out (No, I didn't have any luck getting Lettered OR Numbered due to the website issues).

I'm sorry to see that John is selling his collection, but glad that David will be finding great homes for them all. I missed the first batch as I didn't know it was coming. Is it possible to get the 'list' so that I can try to plan what I might want to try for from future batches?

Thanks.
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 179 of 192 FirstFirst ... 79 129 169 177 178 179 180 181 189 ... LastLast