Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 192 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,575 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

Gunslinger Apprentice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan is just really nice mosheprigan's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Hello Michael (biomieg)
    I'm Moshe from Israel. Maybe I'm a late comer but I have just understood from your last postings here that your'e newly married, so I wanted to congrat you and wish the new fresh couple good luck and happiness, and may you find MORE scarce SK collectibles.

Traveler The Pie is on a distinguished road

I currently have 3 first edition Gunslinger books on consignment at Betts Books. All of them have the aftermarket slip cases from Tomas at SK Collector.

The quality of each one varies slightly and the prices reflects that. The prices are $675, $599, and $575. When looking at the Betts site, they are listed as AN-1, AN-2, and AN-3.

Happy shopping! The first edition still continues to be an infrequent and sometimes elusive purchase. I'm a bit surprised these haven't sold yet but Betts is the best site for SK rarities and David did do a thorough review of the condition of each book so believe the prices are solid.

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like another big listing coming in the next few days.
    Mark Twain

Demon of the Prim Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan is a name known to all Dan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lots of nice new S/L's at Betts today. Can't afford to buy anything else right now, but some great deals to be had.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Joyland Lettered just listed. $2400.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Another big King collector bites the dust

Guardian of the Beam cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74 has much to be proud of cit74's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Joyland Lettered just listed. $2400.
    And it's sold already

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by divemaster View Post
    To get things back on track...

I recently made what is (for me) a major purchase from David at Betts!

Details later...

Thanks to David at Betts, I now have the following new books:

DT II (#473)
    DT III, IV, V, VI, VII, LSOE, and TWWTK (all #214)

Very well packaged and shipped quickly. Very satisfactory transaction all around.

Now I have a S/L'd DT II (with a number below 500) *and* a DT III that matches all the later books. I'm working my way toward a complete same number set. One day; one day...

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, divemaster!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

fun post on david's website! and he is right, I was floored when he brought me a personalized signed copy of ON Writing!

found on website - Betts Books

** ADDENDUM** Hopefully, this addendum to my account of the King event two days ago will not sound egotistical, but I was pretty floored by it...As soon as I arrived at the VIP event and was trying to find my bearings regarding King, I was immediately swept up into greetings/kisses/hugs by some wonderful hard-core King fans that I know and some of their friends. A woman I had never met who traveled all the way from California wanted to meet Father Callahan and get her picture taken with me...So I posed for a couple pictures with this group..she asked me how it felt to be the new face of Father Callahan and I told her it happens to rate as one of the top three experiences of my life!...the story here is that I was at an event for my idol but to a greatly lesser extent was being treated like a mini-celebrity myself...it was a little surreal...My family, who sees/hears me talk to my customers on the phone and hears about Betts all the time got to REALLY see me in "action" I think for the first time...One of my own favorite stories from this night is that I have a very great customer who I knew was coming to the event from the Midwest (and who I feel indebted to as he got me tickets to a previous King signing event)...well, about 10 days ago, I found and bought a PERFECT inscribed copy of "On Writing" which was inscribed to his name...I presented the book to him as a surprise and I think he was floored as he was speechless for a minute or two! THAT'S the kind of Caretaker I love to be...knowing my customers well enough and able to find a collectible that I know will blow them away...that is so much fun!!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

To get things back on track...

I recently made what is (for me) a major purchase from David at Betts!

Details later...

Thanks to David at Betts, I now have the following new books:

DT II (#473)
    DT III, IV, V, VI, VII, LSOE, and TWWTK (all #214)

Very well packaged and shipped quickly. Very satisfactory transaction all around.

Now I have a S/L'd DT II (with a number below 500) *and* a DT III that matches all the later books. I'm working my way toward a complete same number set. One day; one day...
    Sweet!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Congrats, divemaster!
    What he said!

Roseannebar - Thanks for sharing. Great story.
    reality continues to ruin my life

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Congrats, divemaster!
    What he said!

Roseannebar - Thanks for sharing. Great story.
    What she said! Great story, Roseannebar. Kudos to David at Betts!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sincere thanks to David, and kudos to Simon (sgc1999) ..... At long last, I've finally completed my Dark Tower Signed Limited Edition set

I'll be posting more later in other threads (although I do feel like having a private moment right now having secured this personal Holy Grail ) however; this exemplifies, to me, the work that David does as caretaker over at Betts Books, as well as the sense of community here that facilitates members assisting each other in enhancing their respective collections
    We all float down here!

You pick something TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine is a splendid one to behold TwistedNadine's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted

Yahoo Penny!
    One you've wanted for a while.
    Huge Congrats!
    reality continues to ruin my life

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Brilliant!! Great accomplishment, Grant. Congratulations.

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Nadine, I'm stoked about obtaining a great quality copy of this one to round out the set (I seem to recall that you were the one the suggested, some time back, that I email David and ask him to keep an eye out for one of these for me - what can I say except: I did, and he did)

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedNadine View Post
    Yahoo Penny!
    One you've wanted for a while.
    Huge Congrats!
    We all float down here!

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Alan - I must say that I'm not exactly unhappy with the coup

Quote Originally Posted by Alan G View Post
    Brilliant!! Great accomplishment, Grant. Congratulations.
    We all float down here!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Grant. A very worthwhile accomplishment!

John

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet pal!

So we both have awesome Gunslingers!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Sweet pal!

So we both have awesome Gunslingers!
    That we do mate, that we do

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Congratulations, Grant. A very worthwhile accomplishment!

John
    Thanks John - it's my most significant acquisition this year, no question
    We all float down here!

Citizen of Gilead Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman is a jewel in the rough Rachel Readman's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

A great story from David, thanks Roseannebarr.

Must be a little strange for you David but VERY cool at the same time.

You mean there was something that you DIDN'T already have Grant?? Huge congrats to you, no-one more deserving!!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Penny View Post
    Sincere thanks to David, and kudos to Simon (sgc1999) ..... At long last, I've finally completed my Dark Tower Signed Limited Edition set

I'll be posting more later in other threads (although I do feel like having a private moment right now having secured this personal Holy Grail ) however; this exemplifies, to me, the work that David does as caretaker over at Betts Books, as well as the sense of community here that facilitates members assisting each other in enhancing their respective collections
    Wow!

Very nice!

That's on my "want" list too.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Major kudos, Grant!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Grant! Good for David and Simon for helping you out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 192 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 ... LastLast