Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 192 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Betts Books

Gunslinger Apprentice super sam is on a distinguished road super sam's Avatar

Congrats David! Looking forward to buy some nice items from you!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jreitan47 View Post
    Congrats David! I've known Stu & Penney for over 10 years now after having visited the original downtown store 11 years ago and I still call them good friends. Even though the King collecting bug has pretty much left me, the memories from that first trip out to Bangor in the summer of 1998 and meeting some life-long friends because of it will never leave me. I have Betts Bookstore to thank for the memories and joys of a 10 year passion of Stephen King fandom and which eventually led me to become involved in the horror business as an editor and book reviewer.

Basically, the legacy of Betts Bookstore has made an important impact on my life and I'm honored to know that it will remain in the hands of someone very passionate for not only the world of Stephen King collecting, but the entire literary field in general. You have some very big shoes to fill, David, but I know you can do it. Please let me know if there's anything you ever need. I may be one of the "oldies" who's not all active anymore, but I'm still around and still have a few resources up my sleeves.

Jonathan Reitan
    Jonathan! Thank you so much, and it is SO great to "see" you. We think of you more than you could guess. Yes, you are one of the "good" ones!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by super sam View Post
    Ahhhhhhhh, customers lining up at my door

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by super sam View Post
    Ahhhhhhhh, customers lining up at my door

I can't wait for you to be open for business, David. What an honor it would be to be your 1st customer. There is a tradition among my friends; for someone opening their doors for business on the 1st day, we would fight over who would be the 1st customer. The lucky person would pay in cash and the bill would then be framed by the proprietor, sometimes with the date printed under it. You know that I will be counting down to your opening day.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sure, man. My post gets quadruple quoted, yet no love from you whatsoever. I see how it is. Way to treat your potential future customer base.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

You know I loves ya man. I mean, you were my roommie in Vegas. I know it sounds bizarre, but I DO worry sometimes that when I do not respond specifically to someone's post, they might take offense. Not that I think you would Patrick, but I do try to treat all fairly. So, CRY YER PARDON!

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yep. Wiz also has the definite schmooz factor needed to be a successful business owner.

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

I was was watching A&E this morning, and they were running a BIOGRAPHY on Stephen King, and Stu had a small scene in it!

Maybe if they do a new one in a couple years David will get to be in it!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    I was was watching A&E this morning, and they were running a BIOGRAPHY on Stephen King, and Stu had a small scene in it!

Maybe if they do a new one in a couple years David will get to be in it!
    Yeah, that piece aired awhile back, but it is pretty good.

As for me....be watching stephenking.com over the next month. Mayhap, you might see me there!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Aw, I was just teasing you, David.

Hope to see you on stephenking.com (finally a reason to bother going there) and someday television!

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Excellent news Wiz! I'm glad to know it went to one of the good guys.
    Mark Twain

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, could you imagine what would've happened if Tim Miller bought it? :shudders:

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm afraid you're going to hell for that one Gretchen.

Seriously, one would hope that Stu wouldn't have done such a thing for any amount of money. Fortunately, we don't have to find out.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is an update on the sale of Betts Books:

I am planning to drive to Bangor on Thanksgiving Day and finalize the sale with Stu the following day, Friday. Will load up the inventory etc. that day and drive it back to CT likely on Saturday.

Betts Books LLC has been created in the state of CT, and a list of many other forms/paperwork filed with the state/IRS/town. Phone guy comes next Tuesday to install lines etc. Slowly, but surely all the background work is being done to get me set up here. There may be a short period of time between when Stu "closes up" and I can "reopen" for business. Initially, the web site will remain with the same look until my people can help me redesign the site. Looking for a spring unveiling of a new look and user-friendly service for the website.

Am excited as hell about all of this!!!

On a side note, had a good interview with a financial services company 30 minutes away from home. Not getting my hopes up, but I am going for round 2 next Wednesday. If I get this job, it's going to be pretty crazy round here getting two ventures going at once.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Best of luck in both ventures, David!

John

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck on both fronts, David!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Double :goodmind: coming your way, David !

And drive carefully on Thanksgiving !
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck, David, on both fronts. I'm pulling for you.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hope it all works out for you!

Life is a garden...dig it!

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Good luck with the job prospect and congratrs on the "baby". I know Betts is in good hands with you!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Have a safe trip out there, David. A lot of great things to come for you.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good luck, man. On both fronts.

I can't wait to order my first book from your new collection.

Gunslinger Apprentice Calla_Wolf is on a distinguished road Calla_Wolf's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed

Calla Wolf

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Great news David! Again, though I am in NYC, if there is anything I can help with, don't hesitate to ask!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks everyone for the support. This is going to be a mad busy week. Will try to update you all when I can.

Happy Turkey Day everyone!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 192 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast