Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 184 of 192 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 182 183 184 185 186 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,600 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Just sent off my second payment so hopefully I will get my second book from David (john's collection) next week. But with Sun and the Holiday, who knows.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

are we supposed to wait for an invoice or pay immediately? I got a "yours" on an item but haven't bought anything from this sale yet so I'm not sure what to do.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

are we supposed to wait for an invoice or pay immediately? I got a "yours" on an item but haven't bought anything from this sale yet so I'm not sure what to do.
    You can reach out to David at david@bettsbooks.com or (203) 292-8616 (can leave a voicemail if he doesn't answer) and pass along your CC and shipping info, it'll actually save him the time of having to send you an invoice and wait for a response (I mean, you're going to pay the total no matter what, right?). He has a ton of messages to go through, first round of "you got its", follow-ups, questions, invoices, etc.; anything to make it easier on him I'm sure is greatly appreciated.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    About 18 months ago.....I got one of these for $300......so that makes me feel pretty good.

Drove 150 mile round trip to get it.

I'm not much of a proof guy...so I traded it to a friend.

Sounds like it was a really good price, good for you!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post

This one...right?
    The copy in this pic is the one I got for $500 back in the day.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice copy
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

UPDATE: Made it through 400+ emails....a few latecomers wanting stuff I need to respond to...Next up shipping and accounting for wave 3.

Wave 4 posting I'm guessing mid-February....

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    UPDATE: Made it through 400+ emails....a few latecomers wanting stuff I need to respond to...Next up shipping and accounting for wave 3.

Wave 4 posting I'm guessing mid-February....
    Hey, David!! How's tricks? Hope you and the family are doing well. Any cookies left? LOL

Spoiler:
    I do!! I'm actually rather proud of myself (and my grandson) we still have 1 package left!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

New items at Betts.
    Seems lo be a lot of same book stocks : CD books, Charlie the Choo Choo, Letterpress and more
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice M_O_O_N has a little shameless behaviour in the past M_O_O_N's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've saved almost $2,000 so far this year on books from Bett's with the simple reply of, "Taken already, sorry." <sigh>
    There are no coincidences. Only Ka.
    ~I don't like rep points! ~
    Please use only the 'I disapprove' option for me. (If it do ya fine.)

Country
    Country Flag

David has a new silent auction for a lettered copy of "Later"
    Starting bid at $2,999

It will be interesting to see how much it sells for

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Still haven't seen the item from John's collection I'm most eager for. I wonder how many more waves there will be?

But crossing my fingers I was quick enough to grab my request for today...

EDIT: Looks like next month or April is "comics and magazines" but hopefully more than that as my item is not a comic or magazine!

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

sigh, I knew there was one item I really wanted, so I had Betts page loaded and the title already typed in the search bar. Keep refreshing ever 3 seconds or so, and as soon as it refreshed, clicked on next match, found what I was looking for copied into mouse buffer and pasted into pre-typed email and pressed send. Couldn't have taken more then 15 seconds tops, but I was still 30 seconds too late.

Drat.

There was one other item on this list, so sent another email probably 2 or 3 minutes later, probably will take David a long time to get to that email. So cross fingers.

Still a few more items I am looking for, mostly portfolio's so maybe they will be in next batch.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I completely forgot about this. I just sent an email, but have low expectations given how late it is already.

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm guessing that flastsigned 1st of Duma Key was gone within the first minute or so.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by GenericEric View Post
    I'm guessing that flastsigned 1st of Duma Key was gone within the first minute or so.
    Less than a minute for sure - I was refreshing on my fiber connection and the site didn't load until ~3:01, my email was out at 3:02 and David replied that I was already fifth on the list...

In the first wave I sent an email ~40 seconds in and missed my item. I didn't try on the second wave. In the third wave I sent one in under 20 seconds and actually got something! The reason it took me a full minute this time is that I was scouring for the item I really, really wanted but didn't see it so then I actually started to read the list and got to Duma before I emailed... Tough ride, these drops!!

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

would be interesting to know how much my email provider factored into how long it took to arrive in David's inbox. I use yahoo.

Maybe I shouldn't have used my work computer with the VPN.

Ended up sending 4 emails, the last 2 contained books I wasn't even expecting to be on the list, so wasn't on the look out. The last one might yield results, because I don't think it was a "hot" item.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    would be interesting to know how much my email provider factored into how long it took to arrive in David's inbox. I use yahoo.

Ended up sending 4 emails, the last 2 contained books I wasn't even expecting to be on the list, so wasn't on the look out. The last one might yield results, because I don't think it was a "hot" item.
    I'm not sure about Yahoo, but gmail lets you query metadata - I can tell the second my email went out and also how long it took to deliver (in this case "0 seconds" but it doesn't get down to milliseconds in the generally available tools). See if there's an option for something like "show details" or "show original". Honestly I never used it before but after the first wave when it became clear that seconds literally matter I was very curious...

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post

I'm not sure about Yahoo, but gmail lets you query metadata - I can tell the second my email went out and also how long it took to deliver (in this case "0 seconds" but it doesn't get down to milliseconds in the generally available tools). See if there's an option for something like "show details" or "show original". Honestly I never used it before but after the first wave when it became clear that seconds literally matter I was very curious...
    how do you do that in gmail?

I also had a single item requested in about the first 30 seconds but I think it was a swing and a miss.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

It is fascinating to listen to collecting achievements and aims met, based on milliseconds.
    I am slightly relieved that my additions are of a more sedentary nature!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw that a Mr. Mercedes went for $799, I will still get one at some point for $1000 (hoping).
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

I forgot all about this sale too. Saw a Buick 8 went for $625.....wish I had remembered and tried to jump on that one.

Citizen of Gilead GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric is a name known to all GenericEric's Avatar

My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Struck out on all 8 claims I put it in. I put in claims within the first 3 minutes too! Oh well. Just saves money for other books I want.
    It was hell's season, and the air smelled of burning children

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

unfortunately, I only put in for one item and it was a big ticket price item, so I couldn't afford to swing for more than one (In case i somehow won it)
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719

Ancillary Justice #455

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

sigh, I knew there was one item I really wanted, so I had Betts page loaded and the title already typed in the search bar. Keep refreshing ever 3 seconds or so, and as soon as it refreshed, clicked on next match, found what I was looking for copied into mouse buffer and pasted into pre-typed email and pressed send. Couldn't have taken more then 15 seconds tops, but I was still 30 seconds too late.

Drat.

There was one other item on this list, so sent another email probably 2 or 3 minutes later, probably will take David a long time to get to that email. So cross fingers.

Still a few more items I am looking for, mostly portfolio's so maybe they will be in next batch.
    There were a few items i wanted so badly - but I anticipated this same result so I just didn't even bother. I can only imagine how swamped David is.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 184 of 192 FirstFirst ... 84 134 174 182 183 184 185 186 ... LastLast