Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 157 of 192 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 155 156 157 158 159 167 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

No pictures sorry....I asked Robert Weiner at Grant a while back about this book and he said a few were labeled in a non-traditional manner (we knew of the lettered, numbered, PC's and Author's (though never seen one of those). Robert says his own copy is written Weiner (he did NOT do that himself). Still, this was the only "Special" that I know about.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285 will become famous soon enough ke7285's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hope all work’s out for you David, I was telling a coworker about this yesterday and his first response was “something fishy going on”. I know I have received books from you and card was not charged for almost a month. Will always be that one person to screw things up.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

David have you considered posting about this in the King collecting Facebook groups? As you said, there aren’t many of these Special slingers out there and if this was theft, the buyer certainly wouldn’t be stupid enough to post it for sale here.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    David have you considered posting about this in the King collecting Facebook groups? As you said, there aren’t many of these Special slingers out there and if this was theft, the buyer certainly wouldn’t be stupid enough to post it for sale here.
    Plus thieves have a hard time keeping their mouth shut. He surely told someone!
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'd say that it would be better if he WAS putting for sale, no?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I think that is a great idea however my guess is that this book will be put under wraps for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by PennyUnwise View Post

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I'd say that it would be better if he WAS putting for sale, no?
    Definitely! I just meant the person probably won’t do it here. Maybe they’d try Facebook.

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I think that is a great idea however my guess is that this book will be put under wraps for awhile.

I think you’re right but who knows.

Gunslinger Apprentice PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise is a jewel in the rough PennyUnwise's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed

Agreed. If he's a smart thief this wont see the light of day for a decade.
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

My worry is that it was taken by a stupid thief. Guy walks by, sees the box, hopes it a new Playstation, grags and goes home. Discovers it’s a book, remembers he can’t read, and throws it away. ☹️
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Cwalker View Post

My worry is that it was taken by a stupid thief. Guy walks by, sees the box, hopes it a new Playstation, grags and goes home. Discovers it’s a book, remembers he can’t read, and throws it away. ☹️
    Oh God why’d you have to go and put that thought in my head?

Citizen of Gilead sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold sentinel is a splendid one to behold

Country
    Country Flag

I thought the same thing! Very, very few people would know the value or even be smart enough to research the value without tripping up somewhere.

Gunslinger Apprentice redsoxfan565 is on a distinguished road

David, USPS Express Mail Shipping should come with signature confirmation unless you waived it. I'd call that actual post office directly and see if you can get the post master to talk with the specific mailman on that route with how they handled this item. The fact that it's so late in this process though and he's just now filing a chargeback is highly suspicious and screams fraud to me. I'd also file a police report with the police in his town as well as yours.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxfan565 View Post
    David, USPS Express Mail Shipping should come with signature confirmation unless you waived it. I'd call that actual post office directly and see if you can get the post master to talk with the specific mailman on that route with how they handled this item. The fact that it's so late in this process though and he's just now filing a chargeback is highly suspicious and screams fraud to me. I'd also file a police report with the police in his town as well as yours.
    ^^^^ This!

Traveler palooka will become famous soon enough palooka will become famous soon enough

Not sure I see the point of insurance on a delivery, if it doesn't cover this scenario.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sentinel View Post

I thought the same thing! Very, very few people would know the value or even be smart enough to research the value without tripping up somewhere.
    I thought that at first too, but with the way David packages things, it just screams out saying "this is valuable!". He may have tried to take it to a pawn shop or a half-priced books. I would investigate shops in a 20mi radius of the guy you sold it to.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    I thought that at first too, but with the way David packages things, it just screams out saying "this is valuable!". He may have tried to take it to a pawn shop or a half-priced books. I would investigate shops in a 20mi radius of the guy you sold it to.
    I thought we were under the impression the buyer is just claiming it didn't show up but really does have it?
    Lettered Wants:
    Altered Carbon "O"

Lettereds for Trade:
    The Passage Trilogy
    Wool Trilogy
    Silence of the Lambs
    Jekyll & Hyde

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    I thought we were under the impression the buyer is just claiming it didn't show up but really does have it?
    That is my assumption. Otherwise it would have been reported earlier.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I can see forgetting you ordered a book and not realizing it was already delivered, but not a $7500 book. Unless they were in a coma or something!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I can see forgetting you ordered a book and not realizing it was already delivered, but not a $7500 book. Unless they were in a coma or something!
    Yea, I'd think one would be home to receive it or make arrangements to the like.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Having a background in investigations and collecting debt on large deadbeat businesses, this sure sounds like he received your book in June and then damaged it in August and felt the only victimless recourse was to blame the mailman (he’s prob being honest when he says he wasn’t trying to screw you)...any chance there was flooding in the area it was mailed June-August??

David you’ll surely get your cash back but $7500 of escrow on a small biz is horseshit

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This guy even worked and dealt with David AFTER the loss and he filed with the post office. NEVER mentioning that he lost a $7500 book to David. Not once.... I can tell you anyone would do that. It was months!!! One would ask for a tracking number even.... I smell and low down dirty scum rat here.... It makes me so mad because David is nothing but the nicest, most kindest King Collector I have ever met. Would not harm a (Green Mile) mouse. I hope he gets his money back AND I hope Karma burns that POS to the ground that ripped off my friend.. because I am a betting man.. and that is just what happened here.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post
    Having a background in investigations and collecting debt on large deadbeat businesses, this sure sounds like he received your book in June and then damaged it in August and felt the only victimless recourse was to blame the mailman (he’s prob being honest when he says he wasn’t trying to screw you)...any chance there was flooding in the area it was mailed June-August??
    That was exactly my thought as well. Not that it was stolen or that he wasn't prepared to pay David, but that it got damaged and his own insurance didn't cover it.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

David you’ll surely get your cash back but $7500 of escrow on a small biz is horseshit
    Thanks to everyone who is voicing support of me. I really appreciate it....If it was not clear, I DID charge the guy $7500 in June and credit card charge went through. Normal as normal can be until I heard through my Quickbooks he contested that $7500 and per policy (which I don't agree with), they took the $7500 from me. Since when in this country is it ok to punish the innocent and make them prove they are innocent? Heaven forbid, I do a nice busioness through credit cards...if a lot of people challenged charges I made, it would bankrupt Betts. It's not like I have tens of thousands of dollars in the bank. What would have happened in August if they had caught me at a low cash flow point and I did NOT have $7500 for them to take? Then what would have happened? I'm a LLC so they can't come after me personally, but still!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

[QUOTE=wizardsrainbow;1124958]

Thanks to everyone who is voicing support of me. I really appreciate it....If it was not clear, I DID charge the guy $7500 in June and credit card charge went through. Normal as normal can be until I heard through my Quickbooks he contested that $7500 and per policy (which I don't agree with), they took the $7500 from me. Since when in this country is it ok to punish the innocent and make them prove they are innocent? Heaven forbid, I do a nice busioness through credit cards...if a lot of people challenged charges I made, it would bankrupt Betts. It's not like I have tens of thousands of dollars in the bank. What would have happened in August if they had caught me at a low cash flow point and I did NOT have $7500 for them to take? Then what would have happened? I'm a LLC so they can't come after me personally, but still!
    I am in 1,000% support of this. I owned a franchise and had similar experiences with contested charges etc. This kind of thing should fall on the cc or bank or whoever is floating the money. Like if he paid with a cc, then it’s Visa or whoever whose ass should be on the line (until investigation is complete) for facilitating the transaction. With this backwards logic, banks will eventually start asking applicants to put 25k in escrow while the bank decides whether or not you qualify for a 25k loan

Hopefully the person handling your case is named Inspector Karma...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 157 of 192 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 155 156 157 158 159 167 ... LastLast