Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 189 of 192 FirstFirst ... 89 139 179 187 188 189 190 191 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,725 of 4791

Thread: Betts Books

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

David, are you out of the woods and feeling good yet? Hope so.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

TY-

FINALLY feeling human again. Would say I'm 90%

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to hear that.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That's awesome to hear Dave.

Gunslinger Apprentice OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88 is a splendid one to behold OldCrow88's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to hear you're back on your feet!
    Alright, we'll call it a draw.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Been a LONG TIME since I posted here, hope all the old timers (you know who you are) are doing well. As for the newbies, welcome to the party, I’ve enjoyed watching your newfound pursuit from afar!

Regarding the sale at BETTS today, am I the only one to think that breaking up a DT set of 9 Matching #’s was a travesty? From my perspective, a complete WTF moment…

I know collectors that spend their entire lives trying to obtain a complete matching set or, at a minimum, one that is as close as possible yet today, one was simply tossed in the wind for all books to ultimately go their separate ways.

Admittedly, I tried to get it, if for nothing else to preserve it but, even 10 seconds after the site was updated, was not successful as The Gunslinger was purchased independently.

Whoever bought the ‘Slinger, I guess “congratulations” are in order. Best of luck down the road trying to put the set back together once you realize how close you were. Hope for your sake the DT II doesn’t ultimately surface….ouch.

Ok, ok, back to retirement but had to say something…

Jerome/Bill, don’t be too hard on me….😂

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by AKC View Post
    Been a LONG TIME since I posted here, hope all the old timers (you know who you are) are doing well. As for the newbies, welcome to the party, I’ve enjoyed watching your newfound pursuit from afar!

Regarding the sale at BETTS today, am I the only one to think that breaking up a DT set of 9 Matching #’s was a travesty? From my perspective, a complete WTF moment…

I know collectors that spend their entire lives trying to obtain a complete matching set or, at a minimum, one that is as close as possible yet today, one was simply tossed in the wind for all books to ultimately go their separate ways.

Admittedly, I tried to get it, if for nothing else to preserve it but, even 10 seconds after the site was updated, was not successful as The Gunslinger was purchased independently.

Whoever bought the ‘Slinger, I guess “congratulations” are in order. Best of luck down the road trying to put the set back together once you realize how close you were. Hope for your sake the DT II doesn’t ultimately surface….ouch.

I 100% agree with you and with the offer to buy in full, at a discount, should have been the only listing for perhaps a week or two stating if not sold, then individual books will be updated.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I missed another sale, but I have other things going on so I can't buy everything. I have noticed though that at least for me, the site has been down a while.
    Anybody else notice that?

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

Set #71 split up and at least 12 others numbered 71.
    I can only reiterate exactly what Tim has said.
    Far from being $2,300 cheaper for purchasing the set, surely the set would carry the same price or a slight premium?
    Maybe my age has something to do with it!!

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

First of all, it was good to see you posting again, Tim! I hope you are back into SK collecting and that we'll see and hear you around here more frequently.

Regarding the disposal of the DT #71 books individually, I guess I am in the minority on this. This was a consignment. The seller has a duty to the consignor only. While it may be unfortunate to the SK community that an almost complete numbered DT set was dispersed one-by-one, the consignor made more money that way and the sale was immediate. Now, each buyer of the individual DT books has his/her opportunity to complete a set of their own. This particular set has been around for at least 12 years without DT II #71 or any number, so I don't think that the consignor (well-known to most in this community) will be losing much sleep over the breakup of the #71s. FWIW, I would love to start searching for a complete set with different numbers. But I still have 100s of holes to fill. Folks -- this is just my humble opinion.

John

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The thoughts of a matching set is immense in my eyes, but when I saw it, I thought that’s a shame…

It would have been lovely to keep together, but only one persons decision, and there may have been reasons.

Also, there have been some great moments over the last year..

2 known unboxings recorded of The Stand, never opened since the day they were bought.
    The auction of number 1 dt set. Amazing.
    The revealing of The Eyes of the Dragon Red number sl with 3 page letter, never posted online before.

Wonderful shares
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

My thoughts....I discussed with the consignee pretty extensively and came down on the side of selling piecemeal....I own 3 complete same-number sets myself so I KNOW how important full sets are. In truth, if I went one way, I piss off people. I go the other way, I piss off people. There are more people LOOKING for 1 or 2 or 3 Dark Tower S/Ls to fill their "holes". Many more than those with deep enough pockets to own/buy a full set. The way I chose 1) fits the NEED of more collectors and 2) there is more $$ for the consignee. As Johnny 007 said, my duty was to the consignee. I know I made several collectors happy who wanted only 1 or 2 S/Ls....and ALL sold, consignee is very happy.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

My thoughts....I discussed with the consignee pretty extensively and came down on the side of selling piecemeal....I own 3 complete same-number sets myself so I KNOW how important full sets are. In truth, if I went one way, I piss off people. I go the other way, I piss off people. There are more people LOOKING for 1 or 2 or 3 Dark Tower S/Ls to fill their "holes". Many more than those with deep enough pockets to own/buy a full set. The way I chose 1) fits the NEED of more collectors and 2) there is more $$ for the consignee. As Johnny 007 said, my duty was to the consignee. I know I made several collectors happy who wanted only 1 or 2 S/Ls....and ALL sold, consignee is very happy.
    Well said. In the end, your only responsibility is to the consignee.

Demon of the Prim AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC has much to be proud of AKC's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yep, David’s business to run.

In the interim, Alec and/or I will be glad to pay $18k for a complete set that has the 9 Matching #’s plus DT Authors Copy….

All those that bought the DT # 71s (and the Author’s Copy), discuss amongst yourselves, let us know!

Congrats on the continued success of your business David…

Special Projects Manager mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling is a jewel in the rough mmalling's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats on the new job David!
    ISO:
    - LSOE AE Remarque
    - Signed Everything's Eventual US 1st
    - Other Dark Tower Remarques

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, David!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick has a spectacular aura about mcbanick's Avatar

Congrats David!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome David !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great to hear David !

Citizen of Gilead namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor will become famous soon enough namelessnpoor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

New stuff posted at Betts

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

NOT that I need to stoke the fire, but letting you all know that I am posting a fairly large consignment today at 4pm EST (50+ items). I can tell you that much of the good stuff is gone in the first two minutes...Announcement of the drop has been on my page for several days, this is a courtesy. I know it often is a feeding frenzy and not to everyone's liking, but just letting you know.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    NOT that I need to stoke the fire, but letting you all know that I am posting a fairly large consignment today at 4pm EST (50+ items). I can tell you that much of the good stuff is gone in the first two minutes...Announcement of the drop has been on my page for several days, this is a courtesy. I know it often is a feeding frenzy and not to everyone's liking, but just letting you know.
    David, it’s been a while since I bought one from you, before it was as bonkers as it is now.

When I email, do you just need the code, and say you want it, or provide payment details too?

Many Thanks, Dave
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Good stuff David !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Anybody got stuff?

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

I grabbed the UK limited of 11/22/63. Still looking for the S/L American version of that one!
    WANTED:
    Any DT S/L’s #181

+ Reply to Thread
Page 189 of 192 FirstFirst ... 89 139 179 187 188 189 190 191 ... LastLast