Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Your SCARIEST Dark Tower experience *spoiler alert*

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
    I am not sure I found anything scary in the whole TDT, not in the sense Pet Sematary or some parts of It are scary.
    Exactly. I feel the same way. I was worried distressed surprised aching sad shocked but never scared.

Roland would have understood.

Along the Path of the Beam darkrose is on a distinguished road darkrose's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Otter View Post
    I would agree that DT isn't really "scary". But there were certainly some parts that were creepier than others and Dutch Hill definitely tops that list.
    I was too excited at that moment to feel whether it was creepy. So many powers were at work, with Eddie drawing that door and Detta holding the demon - and then Jake's endless journey across the city that had so exhausted me emotionally that I could only pray for them to do everything right, and to at last get reunited, and the anticipation of this reunion was so immense that it kinda supplanted all sensitivity to creepiness.

Another thing was the way Roland described being inside Detta Walkers mind.
    This, yes...
    thats what i like about this series, it made you feel all the possible feeling you can feel all at once and losing control of my emotions kinda freaks me out a bit that why i have to stop and reflect once in a while, but generally it was a cool experience!...

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The idea of todash space was quite scary for me. The idea of travelling to another world in one's sleep is thrilling, but the idea of getting lost in between worlds along the way...

Oh, and Mordred changing into a spider. The whole scene with Mordred and Mia was freaky. A giant spider with a child's head on top? Just wrong. And then there was the 'french kiss' bit with Walter later.... yikes...

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I thought that highly descriptive, hard-core sex scene between Aaron Deepneau and Calvin Tower to be the most frightening in the whole series.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Wuducynn View Post
    I thought that highly descriptive, hard-core sex scene between Aaron Deepneau and Calvin Tower to be the most frightening in the whole series.
    I seriously don't remember that!
    it must be so scary that I blacked it out
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Cowboy from Hell Myste is on a distinguished road Myste's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sometimes denial is a beautiful thing!

“The devil's voice is sweet to hear.”
    -SK.

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    I am not sure I found anything scary in the whole TDT, not in the sense Pet Sematary or some parts of It are scary.
    Exactly. I feel the same way. I was worried distressed surprised aching sad shocked but never scared.
    That is what I have been thinking. Maybe I can define the scene that Mordred ate Flagg's-my dear Flagg's- eye, disturbing, because knowing that Flagg has gone out of the story was very sad.

Traveler Shadow4437 is on a distinguished road

Any part where any character was near death. A non DT scary experience was after finishing both salem's lot and IT I heard knocking at my window both times.

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Roland and Jake going under the mountain. Complete darkness knowing you could be surrounded at any moment. *shiver*

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Traveler krisagon is on a distinguished road

I got chills during Callahan's story of his years on the run from the low men....
    The LOST PET posters just seemed so completely plausible as a way to secretly put a hit on someone.

Also the fake corporate setup when they catch Callahan got me too.

That segment of Calla really cemented Sombra/NCP/Crimson Kings Agents as not just regular bad guys, but ultra crafty and inventive evil baddies for me.

I wanted Roland to kill all of them so bad!!!!

Traveler krisagon is on a distinguished road

Also, when Mrs Tassenbaum moves the magnet from her husband's company that says "we are POSITRONICS"

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by krisagon View Post
    The LOST PET posters just seemed so completely plausible as a way to secretly put a hit on someone.
    Right. I said earlier in this thread that I didn't find anything really scary about TDT; but I think I have to take it back. That was scary.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Along the Path of the Beam LovesSweetExile is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't say anything scared me, but what did give me actual nightmares (not joking) was a few moments in the first book, first of all, the entire book, in my opinion, was the most atmospheric surreal, despairing and down right creepy mind fuck out of the entire series.

First off, the desert, the devil grass, and Tull, truly a classic town that time forgot, it reminds me of the sort of community you would find in Resident Evil 4.

The basement, with the muttie spiders, they spiders made me itch in a few places.

The entire trip under the mountain, the slow mutants, and the thought of the abyss that jake fell into.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2