Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: American Vampire

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Wow... I have some super news about American Vampire ... I just found out that amazing comic artist JH Williams III is doing a variant cover for this title! If I get more info, I'll post.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! My shop didn't order enough copies to get a variant. I guess the first issue didn't sell as well as anticipated.

I did snag a C2E2 variant of the 1st issue for $10 so that was alright. Actually the store had quite a few C2E2 exclusives but I only snagged AV and some new comic signed by Ben Templesmith.

If anyone wants me to buy him/her the C2E2 variant, I could go to the shop and buy it tomorrow. It's $10 + shipping. I'm in a giving mood today.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've already seen an ad for the hardback collection of American vampire from FPI.

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Well, I finished the first two issues today and I liked them a lot.

Still, I have to say so far I'm more interested in Pearl's story than Skinner's. And honestly, it's a bit annoying how Skinner always says "I want some sweets!" Like at the end of #2, he says it for two pages in a row.

Anyone notice the name on the toe tag in #2?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    I've already seen an ad for the hardback collection of American vampire from FPI.
    Yeah, according to Amazon - the hardcover is due out on October 5, 2010.

Product Details
    Hardcover: 192 pages
    Publisher: Vertigo (October 5, 2010)
    Language: English
    ISBN-10: 1401228305
    ISBN-13: 978-1401228309

Amazon Price : $16.49 ( list price : $24.99 )

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pam,

Have you seen the Retailers Variant of issue #1?

It looks just like the the other #1 variant but it dosen't have a barcode and isn't priced. Instead it states that the copy is a Retailer Copy - Not for Sale.

They've been popping up on Ebay the last few days.

Life is a garden...dig it!

My Mood
    Gay

James, thanks for the heads up - I hadn't seen it.

ETA : Oooooh. That's not just a standard retailer variant. That looks like RRP variant.

Many thanks!

I'll post a pic as soon as I can.

Info on RRP Variants

My Mood
    Gay

Here you go, friends. Again, thanks to lop for the heads-up.

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Gay

My hunt for a CGC copy begins!!!

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Here you go, friends. Again, thanks to lop for the heads-up.

That's the variant I posted about a few posts up. It was in the "C2E2 swag" stack.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    James, thanks for the heads up - I hadn't seen it.

ETA : Oooooh. That's not just a standard retailer variant. That looks like RRP variant.

Many thanks!

I'll post a pic as soon as I can.

Info on RRP Variants
    Thanks, Pam, for the link to the RRP information. I vaguely remembered something but I couldn't place it. This helped.

I've just been trying to get the variant for American Vampire #1--nothing special, just the regular variant--and I kept getting out-bid. Now I know why. I've been bidding on the scarcer RRP variant. I'll watch what I'm bidding more carefully now.

John

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So what are everyone's opinions on how the series is going so far? Like it, dislike it, what?
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    So what are everyone's opinions on how the series is going so far? Like it, dislike it, what?
    I like them both equally.

Edit: and by both I mean both stories
    Last edited by WeDealInLead; 04-28-2010 at 11:12 AM. Reason: incomplete post

Gunslinger Apprentice disel24 is on a distinguished road disel24's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have this sitting on my pile o comics and I'm afraid to read it honestly. Under the Dome left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm scared this is going to do more of the same. I have, however, enjoyed N. very much with Maleev's artwork!

My Mood
    Gay

Give this one a shot, disel ... it's pretty cool.

Country
    Country Flag

Although I thought Under the Dome was great, even if you didn't like it, American Vampire is different enough that you should still give it a go.

My Collection

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Variant cover of #2
    Attached Images
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

There's been a second printing of American Vampire #1:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

John

My Mood
    Gay

Grrrr. I can't get to that link from work.... I'll have to check it out later.

Thanks, John!

( my online shop is still just listing the first printing and the variant )

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I just got a note from the seller stating the issue is coming out Wednesday, May 12. He'll be sending it to me the day after.

John

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I just got a note from the seller stating the issue is coming out Wednesday, May 12. He'll be sending it to me the day after.

John
    Ah!

Well, that sure explains why my online shop shows no listing yet!

Thanks, John!

Country
    Country Flag

Got mine ordered.

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Received my copy of American Vampire #1 2nd printing today.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Same colours on the cover?

I really liked what Marvel did with later printings of The Gunslinger Born. They had different covers... which I'm sure was done out of the goodness of their heart and not to sell more comics to weirdo collectors.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast