Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Discordia: The Dark Tower Game

Gunslinger Apprentice boq is on a distinguished road boq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It couldn't be the old rumoured "revised" Drawing of the Three could it?

Probably not, if "it's something he's never done before".

Gunslinger Apprentice DanishCollector will become famous soon enough

Who says it's going to have anything to do with DT? "Ka is a wheel" and the other project (of which he has never done anything like) are two different things.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

It's kind of hard to ignore the "Ka Is A Wheel" and Dark Tower connection. Might be wishful thinking on all our parts, but I don't think it's a very big jump from one to the other.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Traveler Adryn is on a distinguished road

Hi new guy here. Been checking on this thread since seeing the 'ka is a wheel' thing myself and felt like chiming in.

Now I may have got the wrong end of the stick here but this quote;

'...King said he had recently had an idea for a short story. “And then I thought, ‘Well, why don’t I find three more like this and do a book that would be almost like modern fairy tales?’ Then this thing started to add on bits and pieces so I guess it will be a novel.” That idea, according to King, is for a new Dark Tower novel, a continuation of his epic seven-part fantasy/sci-fi/Western series about a lone gunslinger named Roland and his ongoing hunt for the Man in Black. “It’s not really done yet,” King admits of his magnum opus. “Those seven books are really sections of one long uber-novel.”

seemed pretty clear to me. A new DT novel is on the way, a continuation of the seven, and as far as i'm aware (please correct me if wrong) there's yet to be an 'offical' announcment of said novel.

Of course it is possible that the current, and up coming, teaser relates to something else but is that really likely?

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome, Adryn! Please contribute often!

From where did that quote come from? I don't recognize it, although I'm sure I'd have remembered something that important.

John

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adryn View Post
    Of course it is possible that the current, and up coming, teaser relates to something else but is that really likely?
    Since there was an "interactive Flash experience" that was supposed to come out in 2008, based on the then-new official DT site, I think it's likely that they're still planning to do that. Probably just took way longer to do than expected, or got delayed for other reasons? (The placeholder Ka is a Wheel image is a Flash object, so it's even possible that there will be something going on in that part of the DT site eventually...IMO.)

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    From where did that quote come from? I don't recognize it, although I'm sure I'd have remembered something that important.
    linked here

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks. I missed that the first time!

John

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

You and everyone else, apparently. I swear that article fell into todash space.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Gunslinger Apprentice BillyxRansom is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Daghain View Post
    You and everyone else, apparently. I swear that article fell into todash space.
    i lol'd.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Per SKMB:

There will be another teaser coming out on Monday, October 19th, in which you will see new images created exclusively for this project by Michael Whelan.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy Sh*t! Adrenaline raised to impossible levels
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Per SKMB:

There will be another teaser coming out on Monday, October 19th, in which you will see new images created exclusively for this project by Michael Whelan.
    :swoon:thud:

( yes! )

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Per SKMB:

I'm wicked excited.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

My Mood
    Gay

I love when Matthew reminds me he's from New England.

It's wicked cool. :sigh:

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That is all.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

to Michael Whelan being in on this mysterious new thing! Yay!

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ola View Post
    to Michael Whelan being in on this mysterious new thing! Yay!
    Agreed!

A confirmation from Ms. Mod that the new DT book and the "November Surprise" are not the same thing -

Quote Originally Posted by MsMod
    Steve had told me over a year ago that he had an idea for a new Dark Tower story. He has been working on many different projects since then. I have not seen a finished Dark Tower manuscript among them but I also didn't see the poems that have recently become available.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain625
    I'm guessing that this news and the DT page with the November teaser are one and the same? I know I wont be sleeping much until I find out what it is, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by MsMod
    No, they are not the same project.
    http://www.stephenking.com/forums/sh...611#post331611
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Cowboy from Hell Myste is on a distinguished road Myste's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

hmmm... veeery interesting

“The devil's voice is sweet to hear.”
    -SK.

Gunslinger Apprentice BillyxRansom is on a distinguished road

THINGS TO BE EXCITED FOR FINALLY!

*pass out*
    Last edited by BillyxRansom; 10-16-2009 at 10:04 AM. Reason: no need for heart attack inducing panic, now... just one instance is enough ;)

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

You are gonna like it people. Michael is just an amazing artist.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

We wish we knew what Wiz knows.

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Really. *taps foot*

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    You are gonna like it people. Michael is just an amazing artist.

Tell us something we don't know!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, you're teasing us too much! Come on! A clue at least!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast