Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Discordia: The Dark Tower Game

Gunslinger Apprentice Can-Tina is on a distinguished road Can-Tina's Avatar

Again, we don't know what to call it. Its a new thing all together. I know Josh called it an interactive "comic book" in Big, but that's not really what we are doing. -Only part of it is. And the art is not at all comic book looking. So thats out.

I think a good way to help you guys is to offer some kind of list of inspirations like the Big reference. Let me get a green light from Marsha and I will let you know what games, movies, books, concepts etc, are the inspiration for Discordia. Sound good?

Goldmember Míchéal is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Can-Tina View Post
    Again, we don't know what to call it. Its a new thing all together. I know Josh called it an interactive "comic book" in Big, but that's not really what we are doing. -Only part of it is. And the art is not at all comic book looking. So thats out.

I think a good way to help you guys is to offer some kind of list of inspirations like the Big reference. Let me get a green light from Marsha and I will let you know what games, movies, books, concepts etc, are the inspiration for Discordia. Sound good?
    yes...

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

no, that sounds horrible....ok i lied, provide more!
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Sounds great !

I love that you're going to bat for us, Man !!!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Hey everyone,

I spoke with Marsha and she was cool with letting out some inspirations. Here you go:

Game Concepts: Myst, The Seventh Guest, Choose Your Own Adventure Books, The Interactive Comic Book concept from Big

Story: The works of Scorsese & Spielberg

Art: Pixar meets Adolphe Bouguereau

Of course everything Stephen King!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

7th guest? MAN!! That's making my day! I loved both that one and the 11th hour.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

7th guest rocked back in the day. One of my favorite computer games of all time.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

My Mood
    Gay

Hey everyone,

I spoke with Marsha and she was cool with letting out some inspirations. Here you go:

Game Concepts: Myst, The Seventh Guest, Choose Your Own Adventure Books, The Interactive Comic Book concept from Big

Wow! Gee... couldn't find anything cool, hunh?!?!?

Brian - that's awesome. Just great. I'm so looking forward to this.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by IWasSentWest View Post
    haha in one of the slides, in the back ground is a forum with a member talking about how they hated the dark tower ending...hahah
    Where is that? I gotta see.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

No....that's sounds WONDERFUL.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Cowboy from Hell Myste is on a distinguished road Myste's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Grrrreat!

“The devil's voice is sweet to hear.”
    -SK.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Hey everyone,

A little behind on the chat here. This sounds awesome...and I don't know what some of those games are all about.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey everyone,

I gota wiki that Adolphe guy.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The oonly influence I'm acquainted with are the "Choose your own Adventure" books, although I've heard of Mist. I had a few CYOA books as a kid. To be honest, they weren't that great, although the concept is interesting. An ordinary book with a good story is much better...

BUT...

... as an idea for an online game, I think it could work out very well.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

I think what they mean when comparing it with choose your own adventure and myst is that a big part of the game is going to about choice, you create your own story within their digital universe
    like myst with
    Spoiler:
    the 3 different endings based on the books
    or bioshocks morality based options
    i think it'll be awesome
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

My Mood
    Gay

DAVID !!!!!!!!!!!

( Brian, that's awesome ! Thanks for the drive-by ! )

There's an interview with David ( our own wizardsrainbow ) towards the bottom, friends!

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

ah I just realized something

This game isnt gonna charge a subscription or anything to play is it?

My Mood
    Gay

There's no mention anywhere about a fee.

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    There's no mention anywhere about a fee.
    oh good
    had a sudden bout of paranoia lol

but yeah it must be soooo cool to have a character physically modeled after you!

Quote Originally Posted by flaggwalkstheline View Post
    I think what they mean when comparing it with choose your own adventure and myst is that a big part of the game is going to about choice, you create your own story within their digital universe
    like myst with
    Spoiler:
    the 3 different endings based on the books
    or bioshocks morality based options
    i think it'll be awesome
    Agreed. I am wicked excited about this. Can't wait until 11/30!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

DAVID !!!!!!!!!!!

There's an interview with David ( our own wizardsrainbow ) towards the bottom, friends!
    Yep, that's me! I've had to sit on this news without telling anyone for 8 months! It was killing me. I am so glad it is all coming together now. And the honor of being part of the project and being the Chapter 1 debut (For Callahan) on November 30 is more than a dream come true!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

John F. Kennedy ConstanToweReader is on a distinguished road

Great interview. Must be hard to keep all that to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    DAVID !!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, that's me! I've had to sit on this news without telling anyone for 8 months! It was killing me. I am so glad it is all coming together now. And the honor of being part of the project and being the Chapter 1 debut (For Callahan) on November 30 is more than a dream come true!
    I'm calling you Faddah from now on, Faddah.

Gunslinger Apprentice theyspunaweb is on a distinguished road theyspunaweb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just now saw this thread/that part of the website. That is exciting! I can't wait to see what it's all about - also I thought at first there would be a fee so I am glad you all noticed there isn't any text about it. hmmm
    "The wise are not wise because they make no mistakes. They are wise because they correct their mistakes as soon as they recognize them."
    -Orson Scott Card

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast