Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Discordia: The Dark Tower Game

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gun63 View Post
    My motto is WWRD , so anything dark tower is a win win situation for me.

So you've shot down everything in town that moves, then?

The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Is there a problem with the login system?
    This is the second time I've made an account, only for it to not allow me to log in afterwards.
    *is too lazy to read back*

Also, when the entire thing is completed, game client pl0x :3
    razz - I haven't had any trouble signing in/playing. Why did you have to create two different accounts? Did you forget your password or something?

One time I did get knocked out ( my own stupid fault actually - I was using Chrome and clicked the wrong button ) and just had to log back in and I was good.

There are automatic save points and you can manually save your game at any time using the OPTIONS button.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Traveler Sai Dutton is on a distinguished road

where can i find the orb for jake's character...seems like i've looked everywhere

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Dutton View Post
    where can i find the orb for jake's character...seems like i've looked everywhere
    Spoiler:
    in the kitchen on the middle counter
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gun63 View Post
    My motto is WWRD , so anything dark tower is a win win situation for me.

So you've shot down everything in town that moves, then?

I adhere to the same motto

'cept that the R stands for Randall
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Along the Path of the Beam Roehcai is on a distinguished road Roehcai's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IWasSentWest View Post

Spoiler:
    the jawbone, it's in the tunnel

Thank you, I will have to look for it. Narrowing it down to an aread helps.

That might be a good suggestion for 'make it better' too. Perhaps have the items in your collection listed under area lables, so if you have a missing '????' item, you know its in one region, and not all the others. Or perhaps show that after hitting a 'hint' button? hmm...

Along the Path of the Beam Roehcai is on a distinguished road Roehcai's Avatar

Also, I agree with everyone, we want to see details. Even if they are silly things that are hidden.

Traveler gun63 is on a distinguished road gun63's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

LOL flagwalkstheline , I quess I will have to hunt you down then.
    Last edited by gun63; 12-10-2009 at 04:06 PM. Reason: dont know what im doing

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Is there a problem with the login system?
    This is the second time I've made an account, only for it to not allow me to log in afterwards.
    *is too lazy to read back*

Also, when the entire thing is completed, game client pl0x :3
    razz - I haven't had any trouble signing in/playing. Why did you have to create two different accounts? Did you forget your password or something?

One time I did get knocked out ( my own stupid fault actually - I was using Chrome and clicked the wrong button ) and just had to log back in and I was good.

There are automatic save points and you can manually save your game at any time using the OPTIONS button.
    yeah, saved several times. I'm positive of my password, though the password recovery system fails to send me an email.

On a side note, get Neil Yates in on this project and you'll have the best flash game ever.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Finished it today! Awesome!!! Can't wait for 2nd part!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Along the Path of the Beam mdarkpoet is on a distinguished road mdarkpoet's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

lol nevermind on my original post anyways is going through the door the end?

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

of the first chapter
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Along the Path of the Beam mdarkpoet is on a distinguished road mdarkpoet's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gaaah I want the second chapter

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I want the 200th chapter and all intervening chapters.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm still wondering if I should find an item in either the bathroom or VIP room? I don't recall getting anything from either of these rooms and I'm only missing one item. No spoilers necessary...just a yes or no, lol.

Gunslinger Apprentice Can-Tina is on a distinguished road Can-Tina's Avatar

Spoiler:
    No. Those room do not contain objects.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thankee sai.

Traveler AlChron77 is on a distinguished road

I don't think I understand. Is there a deadline for chapter 2? If not, is chapter 2 even in development? I have a hard time believing it took 2 years to develop chapter 1 alone.

Traveler Solly93 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

OK - great artwork and rendering! I'm very impressed.
    I've found everything except Father Callahan's orb. It looks like I am the only one that is having trouble with this. Can I get a little help? Thanks.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:
    Check the main dining room

A videogame project takes a lot. Think of them as movies. It's not just stand in front of the computer developing. It needs a planning, a lot of paper, try and debug, authorizations (they might take some time), feedbacks, start over again...
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Traveler Solly93 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Spoiler:
    Check the main dining room

A videogame project takes a lot. Think of them as movies. It's not just stand in front of the computer developing. It needs a planning, a lot of paper, try and debug, authorizations (they might take some time), feedbacks, start over again...
    Thanks - the placement made sense once I found it.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I found everything at last and at the door that requires a verbal code to entre - has anyone opened the door. also, I downloaded the high resolution orbs, but now ,y computer will not open the zipped file that downloaded - anyone having issues with that?
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

The Door

I save the downloaded file without a problem.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Try to download the file again. I'm positive is corrupted.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Gunslinger Apprentice Can-Tina is on a distinguished road Can-Tina's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlChron77 View Post
    I don't think I understand. Is there a deadline for chapter 2? If not, is chapter 2 even in development? I have a hard time believing it took 2 years to develop chapter 1 alone.
    Actual nuts and bolts production on chapter 1 started about 1 year ago this week. To that point, it was a simmering concept that needed a TON of thought and preproduction by several people.

Please also understand that the 3D you are seeing is outrageously complex to create. We pushed state of the art gear to the absolute breaking point while building it.

As an example, one shot from the pantry took over 50 hours to render the *6 seconds* of video that you first see. (on a 16 core state of the art workstation.) - Let alone the week or more to build the room itself)

This is why a project like Discordia takes a year to build, and over two years to conceptualize and execute.

That said, we will work much quicker now that we have a better understanding of the contemporary technology and render times.

More importantly, the story (which took forever to finalize) has been firmly established and well received by the fans. That was actually a more difficult task than building the entire 3D environment. - Not kidding!

Imagine little ole *ME* going before Stephen with our concept of Arina Yokova. I was shakin' in my boots. How long did that take? Over 6 months.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast