Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: SK quotes and oneliners

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Default SK quotes and oneliners

Hi guys, I have a question on behalf of my girlfriend she's busy finishing her PhD in Bio-Process Engineering. Traditionally, PhD candidates at our university do not only need to defend their theses but they are also asked to hand in a short list of scientific and non-scientific propositions, which they should be able to defend as well. The idea is that you can show the opponents that you are proficient in scientific discourse and debating/argumentation in general. So whatever proposition you come up with, you should be able to convince your opponents of its validity.

Often, our PhD candidates use this opportunity for a bit of (comic) relief during the defence, and they are encouraged to include funny, weird, but also philosophical and literary propositions.

She asked me to ask you guys for a bunch of nice SK quotes/oneliners that she could use as propositions. Now, they don't have to be 'defendable' per se, part of the fun is in coming up with a story to back up your proposition, however far-fetched it may be. So whichever SK quotes or oneliners you happen to know, just throw them in here, okay?

Thanks a lot!

*edit #1* I think it's fun to have a thread with King quotes anyway, so...
    *edit #2* For example, I used the proposition: 'Fiction is the truth inside the lie' for my own PhD defence.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

• Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
    • French is the language that turns dirt into romance.
    • When asked, "How do you write?" I invariably answer, "one word at a time."
    • 'How come you're not reading one of your own books?''--- ''I know how they all come out,''
    • Do you have to know somebody to get published? (Yes; in fact, it helps to grovel, toady and be willing to perform twisted acts of sexual depravity at a moment's notice, and in public if necessary.)
    • The most important things are the hardest things to say. They are the things you get ashamed of because words diminish your feelings - words shrink things that seem timeless when they are in your head to no more than living size when they are brought out.
    • I watched Titanic when I got back home from the hospital, and cried. I knew that my IQ had been damaged.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The most important things are the hardest things to say. They are the things you get ashamed of because words diminish your feelings - words shrink things that seem timeless when they are in your head to no more than living size when they are brought out.
    I love this one. I remember when I first read The Body and read this, it grabbed me by the throat. So true!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    *edit #2* For example, I used the proposition: 'Fiction is the truth inside the lie' for my own PhD defence.
    How funny. I was going to use "lies are the truth inside the fiction" ©™ for my thesis, but never finished college. I did however copyright and trademark the statement and have made a few hundred thousand dollars on the royalties.