Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 164 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

THE STAND (cont.) (My favorite of King's novels, both versions)
    1st US uncut
    1st US Book Club uncut
    1st US Quality Paperback Book Club uncut (with booklet)
    Wonder Woman getting ready to read THE STAND

No signed limited. I tried like hell to get one before it was released, but no luck.

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

MY PRETTY PONY
    WASTE LANDS Portfolio

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

PET SEMATARY manuscript proof by "Stevie Prince"

SKELETON CREW #317

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice stuff. Thanks for sharing.

EYES OF THE DRAGON #412

Misc. SK promotional items

CYCLE OF THE WEREWOLF #337
    CYCLE OF THE WEREWOLF trade HC

Citizen of Gilead shnnrc01 is on a distinguished road

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

thats a really impressive collection,well done!!

Richard Bachman (King's late next door neighbor)
    1st US RAGE in decent shape
    1st US RAGE but 'PRINTED IN CANADA' in OK shape
    1st UK RAGE
    1st US THE LONG WALK very fine
    1st UK THE LONG WALK very fine
    10th US THE LONG WALK (I don't know why I bought this - new introduction maybe?)
    1st US ROADWORK very fine
    2nd US ROADWORK good
    1st UK ROADWORK just shy of fine
    2 copies 1st US THE RUNNING MAN fine plus (actually bought new at a bookstore!)
    1st UK THE RUNNING MAN fine plus
    UK 1988 THE RUNNING MAN movie tie-in edition (2 copies) fine plus
    3rd US THE RUNNING MAN (on top) movie tie-in edition very fine

THE DEAD ZONE
    1st US hardcover
    1st UK hardcover
    Easton Press hardcover
    Plume 'Collector's Edition' trade paperback
    1st US paperback
    1st UK paperback

FIERESTARTER
    Limited #699 (had a chance to buy the asbestos for $400 about 15 years ago and passed)
    1st US trade hardcover
    UK proof in good-very good
    2 copies US 1st paperback (in box)
    2nd US paperback
    1st UK paperback good
    9th US paperback movie tie-in edition (bought new 4-17-84)

More FIRESTARTER
    1st UK
    US Book Club edition
    Plume 'Collector's Edition' trade paperback

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Those copies of the US paperback firsts--do they both have the numberline starting with "1"? If so, those are fairly scarce--I've heard that about 25,000 of those were printed, split evenly between each color. Virtually all those have "From the Author of The Dead Zone" on the front cover. I have one copy that has the more common (from the later printings) "From the Author of The Dead Zone and Cujo" on it but still has the full numberline. That's the only one I've ever seen.

John

Yes, both start with '1'. I found one color on the shelf alone and the other in the boxed set, don't remember which color was which though. They both have the "From the Author of The Dead Zone" on the cover. I've never seen a 1st with "From the Author of The Dead Zone and Cujo" on it. My 2nd has that blurb of course.

DANSE MACABRE
    Numbered with pristine cellophane
    1st US hardcover
    1st UK trade paperback
    1st US trade paperback
    2010 Gallery Books trade paperback, 1st thus
    1st US paperback
    1st US paperback 2nd printing

Unused FIRESTARTER dust jacket
    DANSE MACABRE promotional shopping bag

CUJO
    1st US hardcover
    Numbered edition
    1st UK hardcover
    Book Club edition, US, CREEPSHOW hiding behind
    Plume Collector's Edition
    1st US paperback
    1st UK paperback good plus
    6th US paperback movie tie-in edition with 8 pages of exciting black and white photos!

THE GUNSLINGER
    1st Grant
    1st signed & numbered Grant
    2nd Grant
    1st US trade paperback
    1st UK trade paperback
    1st revised US hardcover

THE GUNSLINGER
    1st Plume trade paperback revised edition
    1st US paperback - two different color covers
    1st UK paperback

DIFFERENT SEASONS
    1ST US hardcover
    TV Guide THE SHINING (sucked)
    1st UK hardcover
    1st US paperbacks (4 different colors!)
    1st US paperback movie tie-in edition

FEAR ITSELF
    Signed US first
    1st US postcard
    1st US trade hardcover
    1st US trade paperback
    1st UK trade paperback
    1st US paperback

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Absolutely Lovely collection!!!

Now go fix the thumbnails!!!! LOL LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    SALEM'S LOT super rare 1st/1st with 1st state DJ
    How can I tell if I have this? Mine has the same dust jacket, (with the view of the town in the "O"), and doesn't say "Book Club Edition", but there are no numbers or indicators of the printing of the book on the copyright page.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The dust jacket art is very common - it was used for the original trade hardcovers, for Book Club Editions, and for the early 90's reissue of 'SALEM'S LOT. So the DJ art in itself is not an identifier of a first edition/first printing, let alone for the '1st state' DJ. More on the different DJ states of the first edition of 'SALEM'S LOT can be found here, in the King Collectibles subforum.

In a nutshell: a first edition/first printing book 'SALEM'S LOT is identified by the statement 'First Edition' on the copyright page, and the code Q37 in the gutter of the last page of the book. In addition, there are three 'states' of the DJ: first state has a DJ price of $8.95 and mentions 'Father Cody' on the front inner flap, second state has the $8.95 price clipped and has a $7.95 price printed and retains the Father Cody error, and the third state has an unclipped DJ with the correct $7.95 price and Father Callahan instead of Father Cody. The first state DJ is extremely scarce.

CHRISTINE
    1st US hardcover
    1st UK hardcover
    Roland's favorite beverage
    I can try posting a picture of the entire Salem's Lot dust jacket if you like.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 164 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast