Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 167 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I find 99.99% of promo stuff to be absolute, complete junk but that Bag of Bones record player and book belong to the .01%. Nice scores.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Got these yesterday:
    WTTK one of 200 signed
    WTTK W.H. Smith edition
    THE STRAIN 1st printing of the UK paperback
    2 more WTTK samplers

And here are all of my WTTK books, samplers and bookmark all lined up in a row. Maybe I'll get just one more, I don't know yet...

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That looks fricken sweet.

Its pictures like that I show my wife when she rolls her eyes at me for having two or three editions of the same book lol

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Horders: Stephen King Edition
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That does looking amazing seeing them all together like that.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

ur2ndbiggestfan .. where are you finding the TPB?

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I got the UK trade paperback from Abebooks, the Book Depository I think. I discovered if you ordered a King trade PB RIGHT AWAY from them, you get a 1st printing. If you wait, you'll get a 2nd or later. The Australian editions were sent to me by jimimck (I don't think he'll mind me saying so), so he is my source for the international edition of the trade paperbacks. There are probably other English language UK editions I am not aware of too.

EDIT - Oh yeah, I almost forgot, if you pre-order a normal size paperback from Amazon.com.uk you can pretty much be reassured you'll get a first printing thus.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Gunslinger Apprentice RIC #520 will become famous soon enough RIC #520 will become famous soon enough

normal size paperback same as mass-market?

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

That looks great. I don't have any.

I always confuse the terminology about paperbacks. When I was growing up many many years ago paperbacks were all the same size (mostly!), which I call the 'normal' size paperback. Then trade paperbacks came out, somewhere in size between a 'normal' paperback and a standard hardcover. So to me, 'normal' is a small paperback and 'trade' is the larger version.

So I think mass market refers to a 'normal' size paperback. Correct me if I'm wrong.

In the UK they are called 'A' and 'B' size, but for some reason I can never remember which is which.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, mass markets are the small ones or what you (and I) call the normal sized paperbacks. Trade paperbacks are the ones in between the mass market and hc, and now they have these tall mass markets which are as wide as a mass market, but closer in height to a trade or hc.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice TWTTK editions! Does the Australian pb have the same ISBN?

Yes, the ISBN is 978-1-444-73171-2 on both. But the UK edition is priced L14.99 and there is no price on the Australian book.

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe I must have that one too for my DT collection haha

THE GREEN MILE 4 proof:

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh cool so they did individual proofs for each book?
    You know I have never read this story. Really should do that one day....

What? You didn't know about the proofs? A full set is kinda scarce. This's the only one I've got. I think there are 10 copies of #6 and 15 or less of #1.
    THE GREEN MILE is definitely one of my top 5 favorite Stephen King novels, you should read it!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

"I think there are 10 copies of #6 and 15 or less of #1." Wow ... crossing that one off my list! lol

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    THE GREEN MILE 4 proof:

I'm green with envy.... Seriously !!
    Congratulations.
    BTW, I noticed your UK TWTTK is still wrapped ? Did you forget 11/22/63 ?

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, Steve! I hope you'll find the other five proofs as well.

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love the way you display the nik naks with the books. I wouldn't leave that room ever if it was mine!

I'd probably set up a tent in the middle and sleep there too!

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    DARK SCORE STORIES. This is bigger then I thought it would be. As you can see, it is 3 Rages across and about one and a quarter New Zealand Wind Through the Keyhole (thanks for this James!) bookmarks tall:

Without a shadow of a doubt, that is the most awesome system of measurement I've come across in a bloody long time - brilliant !!!!!
    We all float down here!

I promise I WON'T let that "brilliant" go to my head. Not sure what is meant by "Did you forget 11/22/63?" unless you are asking if I removed the shrinkwrap, and the answer is no, it's the same as it was when you sent it to me. One of these days I'll go take off all the shrinkwrap from my books...maybe.

I tried camping out in my library but the smoke from the campfire just hung around the ceiling and made me cough. It was also hard to see the books through the haze.

More stuff coming soon!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I was just referring to the infamous 11/22/63 "Missing signature fiasco"

Not sure what is meant by "Did you forget 11/22/63?" unless you are asking if I removed the shrinkwrap, and the answer is no, it's the same as it was when you sent it to me. One of these days I'll go take off all the shrinkwrap from my books...maybe.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Rearrange Me Til I'm Sane Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny is a splendid one to behold Bad Penny's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had a minor panic attack over that one as well, I was content to leave both 11/22/63 and UTD Limited Editions in their original packaging (ie- shrink wrap) until someone mentioned on one of the forums that there were reports of missing signatures on the 11/22/63's (fortunately, the signature was present and accounted for on my copy). Then there is the side issue of shrink wrap per se, in that some fairly experienced collectors seem to agree that shrink wrap should be removed to limit the potential for sealed in moisture damaging books over time
    We all float down here!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 167 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 128 ... LastLast