Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 167 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Love it!

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Nice! Is the UK paperback the numbered proof or the trade paperback?

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Just the trade paperback.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

They still look great together. Always good to see some love for paperbacks!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

More stuff:

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Country
    Country Flag

Ooh nice! I'm currently finishing THE NIGHT ETERNAL. Great read! By the way, how is everyone getting their 11.22.63 sampler so fast? I live closer to the UK than most of you and I'm still waiting...

Ebay!

It's tough not to look at the sampler. I ABSOLUTELY HATE knowing ANYTHING about a book before I read it, especially by the authors I collect, but it's absolutely impossible to do on 11-22-63. Why people want to know the entire beginning, middle and ending of books and movies before they read or see them is beyond me. It ruins the suspense, surprise and novelty (hey, a pun!) of the work. Of course, the title of King's book does SUGGEST an idea or two, but that idea was pointed out already so that's spoiled (perhaps too harsh a word but I can't think of a gentler one at the moment) for me. And since I'm always so far behind in my reading I almost always hear or read some of the plotline before I get to the book. UTD was a happy exception though. Aside from knowing there WAS a dome, the rest of the book was a pleasant surprise for me.

I'm glad you like the STRAIN trilogy Michael. That sounds like good news when I get to it a few months from now.

Country
    Country Flag

I also ordered my copy of the sampler from eBay (it was sent to me last Monday and it should have been here by now, but...)

I really, really liked the STRAIN trilogy and I hope you will, too!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm still waiting on my sampler too. Hopefully tomorrow...

John

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Ebay!

It's tough not to look at the sampler. I ABSOLUTELY HATE knowing ANYTHING about a book before I read it, especially by the authors I collect, but it's absolutely impossible to do on 11-22-63. Why people want to know the entire beginning, middle and ending of books and movies before they read or see them is beyond me. It ruins the suspense, surprise and novelty (hey, a pun!) of the work. Of course, the title of King's book does SUGGEST an idea or two, but that idea was pointed out already so that's spoiled (perhaps too harsh a word but I can't think of a gentler one at the moment) for me. And since I'm always so far behind in my reading I almost always hear or read some of the plotline before I get to the book. UTD was a happy exception though. Aside from knowing there WAS a dome, the rest of the book was a pleasant surprise for me.

I'm glad you like the STRAIN trilogy Michael. That sounds like good news when I get to it a few months from now.
    Well, i've such a bad memory that nothing is a spoiler for me... At least not for long.

I may need to check out the DelToro books.

I also am awaiting my sampler of the new King.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Cemetery Dance Reader's Club strikes again:

Sometimes book collecting can give you a headache, but not with Dave at Betts Books, who just gave me a terrific deal on these three volumes.

First, JUST AFTER SUNSET US proof:

DOLORES CLAIBORN UK proof and dust jacket.

'SALEM'S LOT Gift Edition, Centipede Press. Alas, no tray case.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great new additions!

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't got around to removing the shrikwrap from my 'Salem's Lot yet either... (was very lucky to get one with the case however)

You looking to get the Art prints that go with it?

Citizen of Gilead olverts will become famous soon enough olverts will become famous soon enough olverts's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice new one´s !
    What´s all the stuff surrounding the Just After Sunset proof ?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Apparently he has a REALLY bad headache. They are Excedrin bottles. It looks like he has a collection of every one ever made.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Oh no! There are Art Prints for the 'SALEM'S LOT? I need another Excedrin...!
    Last edited by ur2ndbiggestfan; 11-14-2011 at 06:43 PM. Reason: spelled Excedrin wrong

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just had a chance to look through your collection thread. Very nice!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Oh no! There are Art Prints for the 'SALEM'S LOT? I need another Ecxedrin...!
    Yes, i believe there are six prints. I have a set. when you get a traycase there, s a place in it for the prints on the inside cover.

If you rescue me

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

The prints seem very hard-to-find. I got a set when I purchased a text block from one of our members a long while ago.

John

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've read that they are. I'm not sure. I bought mine with the book and traycase all together about a month or two ago.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Betts had a few sets of the prints available a while ago for about $125. I need to get a set myself...

More money to spend - oh boy!

I got my GRANTA today. Would post a pic but for some reason my PC and internet connection are working exceedingly slow lately!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 167 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 ... LastLast