Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 164 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Holy moley! Thanks for all the comments. I just posted some pictures of The Talisman at The Collector's site.
    As for drooling on my books, well, I don't know, I'll have to think about that!
    I've been seriously collecting for, damn!, 40 years! But I was born a negative 60 years ago so I'm only 20.
    I'm missing some of the early 1st British PBs, but have most of them. I stopped collecting the British editions a few years ago because of the expense, but maybe I'll catch up on those one of these days. I've also been a little dissapointed with some of King's books lately (don't hit me!), so that kind of made me not pursue some of his other editions.
    As for Salem's Lot, I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. I think I paid about $250 for it and had absolutely no idea of it's rarity. But it was nice to find out!
    The thing that interests me with the 'Salem's Lot is that without the crease in the spine.... it wouldn't have come from the Doubleday art department stash.

So does this mean that some of the $8.95 jackets weren't clipped and WERE available at retail outlets?

Thoughts??
    As far as I know, and I wasn't there so this could be wrong, there are no jackets with creases, only the four that were in the 'filing cabinet', WITHOUT creases. I have seen speculations that up to a dozen or so of these jackets exist, but it is just speculation as far as I can tell. I DID NOT get mine at a retail outlet. I don't even remember how I found out about the 3 states of the jacket anymore, that was a long time ago.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I guess it's up to Bob (Carlosdetweiller) to confirm if his 1st state DJ has the spine crease or not. With so few known specimens, statistics in favor of either hypothesis will change dramatically if his DJ has/hasn't got the spine crease

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

By the way, I love the way you're presenting the different highlights of your collection (especially the copies of Rage with the Hulk )

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    I guess it's up to Bob (Carlosdetweiller) to confirm if his 1st state DJ has the spine crease or not. With so few known specimens, statistics in favor of either hypothesis will change dramatically if his DJ has/hasn't got the spine crease
    Do you think I should crease mine?
    If the version of the Doubleday story I recall is true, then you would have an EXTREMELY rare, potentially one of a kind book there. No creasing!!

Gunslinger Apprentice ewald is on a distinguished road ewald's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

An impressive collection and beautifull bookcases. It looks great!

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Okay, dude, get yourself over to the Comic Tower!! Teasing us with She-Hulk statues !!!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Servant of Gan Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57 is a jewel in the rough Pasiuk57's Avatar

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

UR2ndbiggestfan

Nice collection!
    Selling anything?

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

keep em coming.... great collection! very impressive.

couple of questions...

you seem to be pretty much a completist - i saw 2 white on red insomnias.... but no red on white... can't imagine as complete as your collection is you not having one or two... did i just miss them?

also... since you it seems you bought your limited gunslinger early - do you have a complet set? if so, is it listed on the complete set owners thead here?

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    keep em coming.... great collection! very impressive.

couple of questions...

you seem to be pretty much a completist - i saw 2 white on red insomnias.... but no red on white... can't imagine as complete as your collection is you not having one or two... did i just miss them?

also... since you it seems you bought your limited gunslinger early - do you have a complet set? if so, is it listed on the complete set owners thread here?
    I don't remember why, but I never got the other INSOMNIA. The 2nd one is a book club edition. There are a lot of gaps in my collection, it is nowhere near as complete as I would like it to be.
    I do have a complete set of DARK TOWERS, all the same number, as are Christine, Desperation, etc. The only one I don't have is BLACK HOUSE because I had no money when it was released. I really disliked BLACK HOUSE anyway, so I am not that broken hearted about it.
    I was not aware of the complete set owners thread. Thanks for letting me know about it!

Default Dolan's Cadillac

Cars
    Attached Images

Gunslinger Apprentice ewald is on a distinguished road ewald's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cars
    I love this one! I have something with Dolan's Cadillac since I have my own grey "car pattern" pc.

Country
    Country Flag

Your collection is a LOT more complete than mine ever will be. If you say 'gaps', I'm curious, which books would you still like to add to your collection?

Country
    Country Flag

Which # is your DT set?

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

"Dolan's Jalopy"

Default The Kings next door neighbor's books

Do you believe in magic?
    Attached Images

Country
    Country Flag

I'd post more pictures but for some reason I am not allowed!
    I think a recent update to the site got rid of the straight attachment option.

Heres what you need to do:

1) go to tinypic.com (don't need to sign up)
    2) find the file, open it - change the "Resize" option to "Message Board" and hit upload.
    3) Copy the "Direct Link for Layouts"
    4) Hit the insert image button and paste that link.

5) Your done! Post your image!

All my editions of CARRIE
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

I want the UK one and yes, I know what you paid for it

(but please, do keep posting)

SALEM'S LOT super rare 1st/1st with 1st state DJ
    SALEM'S LOT super unrare Book Club edition
    SALEM'S LOT 1st British hardcover
    SALEM'S LOT first US paperback
    SALEM'S LOT 1st UK paperback (in fair condition)

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

THE SHINING
    1st US - Have receipt inside, paid $60 plus $2 for postage and insurance 3/11/82
    1st UK
    1st US paperbacks, aren't they shiny?

Country
    Country Flag

Oh dear... I have the feeling that this is going to be an awesome display of Collecting Power!

NIGHT SHIFT:
    1st US in absolutely mint condition
    1st US Book Club edition (who cares!)
    1st UK edition
    2 1st US paperback editions
    28th US Signet printing in conjunction with release of CHILDREN OF THE CORN, released February 1984 with 3 pages of B&W photos from the movie.

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love what I see here.
    Do keep 'em coming!

sk

THE STAND:
    1st US hardcover
    1st UK hardcover
    1st UK uncut hardcover (preceded the US I believe)
    Signet promotional flyer
    1st US paperback
    2 1st US uncut paperbacks

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

No signed limited? A nice collection anyway! I've never seen the flyer.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 164 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast