Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 154 of 166 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 4141

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

"Look!" I said to my friend, "I've added a Rolling Stones Snow Globe to my infamous collection!"
    "Aw," replied my buddy, "You know the truth about that globe," Al Warming, that's his name, continued, "Them thar things are just myths propagated to get votes from the uninformed!"
    "Er, sure, sure," I said, "Take another Excedrin, Al, it'll make you feel better! Here, wash it down with this tasty Red Bull!"

https://i.imgur.com/VsjjQS1.jpg

Gee, I wonder if Suntup'll ever offer a snow globe, and give me a free one for suggesting it? Naw, it's a pipe dream.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

CHARLIE AND THE BIKINI-BEE GIRLS FROM OUTER SPACE FACTORY, no, wait, I mean CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY numbered edition.
    WOW, this is one impressive book, but alas, the beginning of the end of my Suntup collection because, much to my enormous regret, I simply can not afford them anymore.

https://i.imgur.com/JMvj2uE.jpg
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

During CREATURE WITH THE ATOMIC BRAIN tonight on Svenghoolie, I noticed one of these on his desk.
    It's nice to know we share the same impeccable taste.

https://i.imgur.com/fezxhLU.jpg

This book is too big and heavy to put on my shelves.
    Send it back, or not?
    Decisions, decisions!

https://i.imgur.com/LtNrynj.jpg

AMINAL FARM by Gorge Oarwell (the best rower on his crew).
    "Moo, moo!" says the penguin.
    "Quack, quack!" says the sheep.

https://i.imgur.com/T9gdPaY.jpg

Darn! It's upside down!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

C O N G R A T S !!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Fail

Been looking for this for some time, ROBERT BLOCH'S PSYCHOS lettered edition:

https://i.imgur.com/nngKCBu.jpg

ARC of 361 by Donald E. Westlake, described as "As new. Unread." by the bookseller.
    I guess the horizontal crack in the middle of the spine and partially on the back cover counts as new and unread!

https://i.imgur.com/u95hqNe.jpg

Lividian's THE STORE by Bentley Little.
    Since I ordered it from Sub Press, the shrink-wrap was removed for inspection, solving my conundrum of whether to leave it on or not.
    Now I have to read it!

https://i.imgur.com/vwZ84H7.jpg

I received this response from Charles Ardai of Hard Case Crime, which may or may not be of interest to ARC collectors:

My inquiry: Hi Charles,

I have a question for you, if you are not too busy.

In my ARC research I have come across QUARRY'S EX, which seems to have three states, ARC (On Sale SEPT. 28), You Never Forget Your First (in same position as ARC gold star), and nothing in the same place on the cover.

I was under the impression that your books were the same whether bought in the UK or here in the USA. Do ALL of your titles have two different states, UK and US? If so, I need to find some UK versions for the authors I collect (Ellison, Zelazny, Bloch, King, etc.).

Best,

Steve

His response (which he has given me permission to post):

The situation with QUARRY’S EX is stranger than that — it’s not U.S. vs UK (we only ever print one ARC of any given title and use it across all countries), it’s that the publisher we worked with for our first seven years of existence went out of business after we acquired but before we could publish QUARRY’S EX. We might already have produced an ARC for the book and begun sending it around to try to get reviews when Dorchester Publishing went under. We then spent a year trying to find a replacement for Dorchester, and we eventually found one in Titan Books, who have been our publisher ever since then. We took QUARRY’S EX, which had been scheduled to be title #67 or 68 of the Dorchester run, and made it instead one of the first 4 titles of the Titan run — I think HCC-102 instead of HCC-067 or HCC-068, and in a different format, with a different cover price and a different ISBN number…and a whole year later!…so we would have printed a new ARC. If you’ve got two, it means you have the Dorchester ARC (mass market sized )and the Titan ARC (trade pb sized).*

A small number of our books have had copies printed at both UK and US printers, but in those cases the cover art and text are identical, it’s just that the UK copies are trimmed to be a few millimeters shorter and wider than the ones in the U.S.*

Hope that clears things up.

Best,

Charles

Made a wail of a sale on this purty treasure box from Davey Jones's locker!

Stranded
    Upon
    Nature's (watery)
    Terrain
    Under
    Perilous
    Predicament
    Rowing (to)
    Escape
    Swimming
    Sharks

https://i.imgur.com/bkfVbXe.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/ZruIfgj.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/9tkxbQa.jpg

I had to tackle a fleeing fellow to obtain this, it was the only anniversary edition they stocked at my Walmart.
    Full number line starting at '1', December 2022

https://i.imgur.com/SNHF5TA.jpg

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's crazy how huge Imajica is.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    It's crazy how huge Imajica is.
    Yup, it's a whale of a tale for sale that came in the mail, that's for sure.

It's little, it's black and it's a book:

https://i.imgur.com/iDqm9Ki.jpg

EDIT: I just started reading this book, am on page 15, and already I've lost count of the typos. Though and thought reversed, wand instead of land, tit instead of it, words left out, unnecessary words stuck in, hyphenations missing, etc., etc.
    Just amazing.

FURTHER EDIT

I don't know why, perhaps I'm bored, but here is a list of typos from A LITTLE BLACK BOOK OF TYPO -- , I mean BEDEVILMENT, all of page 34 and about half of page 35. I will assume they are using a computer program to spell check, a bad computer program:

What it is -------- What it should be

wok -------- woke
    rotted ------- rooted
    it -------- it's
    thought -------- though
    and -------- an
    from far -------- from a far
    shish -------- wish
    kiss --------kill
    fee -------- feet
    With slow -------- With a slow
    and -------- an
    every -------- very
    slot -------- lost

And it's like this on every page!

The CD IT Afterword chapbook.
    I still need (but most likely will never have) the UK proof.

https://i.imgur.com/2EwlLE5.jpg

Muh fuhst Grandy Hendrix proof!
    Yee-Haw!

https://i.imgur.com/xeneaiG.jpg

Suntup DARK MATTER lettered edition traycase only.
    The website said it had a scratch on the back but I don't see it.
    There goes my joke about it being stored too close to the WOLFEN traycase.

This thing is big, I have no idea where to put it.

https://i.imgur.com/5kQTW4G.jpg

Got a couple of things today.
    The CD LATER slipcase finally showed up.
    UNBURY CAROL by Josh Malerman, from SST, ordered from Sub Press.

https://i.imgur.com/u3DSAcy.jpg

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Big congrats, the DARK MATTER Lettered looks great and huge.

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Big congrats, the DARK MATTER Lettered looks great and huge.
    Thanks Frank, but it's just the traycase, no book!

Got a few interesting (to me anyway) things today:

Another Hard Case Crime ARC with a Stephen King cover blurb:

https://i.imgur.com/teue9Y2.jpg

Boyne Bi -- er, Witch Boyne from Centipede Press, with extras! Leaping Lizards, my Centipede Press dust jacket collection is growing by beaps and lounds!

https://i.imgur.com/P943Nfb.jpg

Another Grady Hendrix SST edition from Sub Press (rock on!):

https://i.imgur.com/1vOxPdM.jpg

HANNIBAL(istigus) the CANNIBAL(isticus), from Suntup, times two!

https://i.imgur.com/l6rzJua.jpg

"Waduya think, Bender?"
    "Bah! Just another book by another meatbag!"
    "Oh yeah? Watch this DVD and you'll see just what some of us meatbags are capable of!"

https://i.imgur.com/u0xmWsU.jpg

THE FERRYMAN Advance Reader's Edition.
    GWENDY'S FINAL TASK SST Edition.

https://i.imgur.com/poiW91w.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 154 of 166 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 ... LastLast