Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 150 of 167 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 ... LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 4158

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    A: "Bram...stoke 'er!"
    Here's where I'd add "that's what she said," but...that is what she said.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

That's nothing;

Q: What did the frustrated English teacher say to the third grader who lived in Bran castle up on the mountain who just could not figure out how many apples there were in the basket on her desk?

A: "Count, Dracula!"
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

NICE Steve, but.... your amazing IT/ES background is a huge distraction.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Thanks Frank!

The Gallery Books August 2022 trade paperback edition of BILLY SUMMERS, with a 'feel me' cover and an excerpt from FAIRY TALE, not one copy of which was found in the highly illegal and completely unconstitutional raid of a former president's home at Mar-a-Lago:

https://i.imgur.com/7p6cPoo.jpg

Scully: "Mulder, I don't feel too good about this!"
    Mulder: "Scully! Just look at that orange skin! That almost fanatical concern for the American people, their way of life, their social and economic welfare, their freedoms and rights! It's f******g obvious he's a human/alien hybrid!"
    Scully: "I guess you're right. Freeze asshole! Open that closet, right now!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Bought a cheap 8X10 frame, put my Hard Case Crime cover proofs in it, and hung it on the side of my Robert Bloch bookcase under the extra signed tipsheet by Bloch for THE SELECTED STORIES OF ROBERT BLOCH VOLUMES ONE TO THREE and my letter from Stephen King to Chuck Miller of December 19, 1986, signed 'Steve'.

And now, the book publishing event we've all been waiting anxiously on pins and needles for the entire year!
    Is it from Suntup!? -- NO!
    Is it from CD? -- NO!
    Is it from Centipede? NO!
    Is it from Camelot or Bad Moon Books? NO!

It's BOLDLY GO from WILLIAM SHATNER!!!!

Yippeee! Yay!!! Yahooooo!!! Yippee-Kie-Yay!!!!

Proof copy shown here:

https://i.imgur.com/mV991sJ.jpg

Two more books from Centipede Press arrived today!
    I just had to buy the one with Philip Jose Farmer's picture on the cover!

https://i.imgur.com/noAeEXU.jpg

Ringo says, "Zoom in on cassette tape if you can find a player!"

https://i.imgur.com/oWFRcOV.jpg

Some people just never grow up, sigh...
    And where's 007, you ask?
    Why, he's sitting on the Ejector Seat...
    Have a nice triiiiiiiiiiiiiiippppp.....!

https://i.imgur.com/9Qzk2Mp.jpg

"Call me a Fairy Tale, will 'ya? I'm a real fictional monster that eats oxymorons like you for breakfast!"

https://i.imgur.com/ZzpFa2e.jpg

REPLAY numbered edition.

I am impressed with this book.
    You can say that again!

You can say that again!

You can say that again!

I am...

https://i.imgur.com/4j3CuQu.jpg

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You're slippin', Steve. I only see one copy of Fairy Tale.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    You're slippin', Steve. I only see one copy of Fairy Tale.
    More on the way!
    I'm only sorry no proof or limited has come my way, but one can't have everything!

Here's a lousy picture of the FAIRY TALE broadside:

https://i.imgur.com/tzHnEEj.jpg

FAIRY TALE 1st UK hardcover (not counting any proofs, of course):

Arrived with front and back cover folds from The Book Depository as if it was caught on something while being pulled out of a box.

https://i.imgur.com/7ETcLOn.jpg

Oh where oh where can Joseph Tully be?
    I'd ask Robby but he can't answer me,
    Because his battery is dead, you see.

https://i.imgur.com/GbUQjRp.jpg

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

https://i.imgur.com/tzHnEEj.jpg

I thought I did read broadsite last week or so, but then David at Betts mentionned posters and two sizes
    So i guess there were indeed broadside and posters?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

There's a poster???

Great, now I need a poster, an SDCC pin, a limited UK proof and a limited signed edition to complete my set.

Should be no problem as soon as I find that buried pirate's treasure chest full of doubloons in my back yard!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

From David at Betts :

A Poster Story: Word from Stephenking.com was that certain independent retailers would have an "extra" poster to go with King's new book "Fairy Tale". There were only 5 retailers in CT (where I live) that were supposed to get the poster. One of these retailers (30 minutes away) also was part of the "In the Tall Grass" signed chapbook (they had none). I called right when they opened and woman was in late and opening the box, could she call me back....she called 20 minutes later to say she had 1 single poster and it was mine if I could get there by end of day. I arrived and she was crestfallen and said to me "You are going to resell this." I said NO, it is for my personal collection. That made her feel a lot better. She had had at least 5 calls asking for this item already. THIS IS NOT FOR SALE, but since so many collectors do not know what it looks like, here it is. It is 17" by 9.5".
    And indeed, the picture looks slightly different than yours, eg the top part :
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Thanks for the picture, Jeremy.
    I'll start looking for one, you never know!

Another Centipede Press volume adorns my humble shelves:

https://i.imgur.com/auUcKDV.jpg

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I've never seen one like that; I expected bigger, but plainer, without those delicious gold touches etc. - this is very nice.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I've never seen one like that; I expected bigger, but plainer, without those delicious gold touches etc. - this is very nice.
    I've contacted the bookstore I got it from to see if they have a poster, but I'm not expecting them to.
    On the bright side, I just bought a ZZ Top poster for RAW which I've hung on my wall!

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    It's more a large card than a broadside, IMHO.

I really like it though. The gold foil is raised. It's very nice actually.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Yeah, I was expecting something larger, too.

Hmmm, now where have I heard that before?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 150 of 167 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 ... LastLast