Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 137 of 167 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,425 of 4153

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Ranking right down there with the world's dumbest short short stories.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Ranking right down there with the world's dumbest short short stories.
    Hey, it beats Rainy Season and Chattery Teeth any day of the week.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

THE CRETACEOUS PAST

Copies still available last time I looked

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Any good? Never read him.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

I don't know.
    All I've read is SUPERNOVA ERA, and that was all right.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Any good? Never read him.
    I read the three body problem and part of dark forest. Gave up. Story was really fascinating but I couldn’t get past the dialogue. Very unrealistic.

Yes, the translation makes the dialog, etc., a bit wooden in parts.

SPEAKER FOR THE DEAD, Centipede Press.
    Two views because I couldn't decide between them.

THE ISLAND OF DOCTOR MOREAU, or less:

BILLY SUMMERS Export Edition, 1st thus, from The Book Depository, in acceptable condition, arrived with a few minor flaws:

Got this today from H&O, one of 365 (on the dust wrapper), signed/numbered editions.
    My power's been out since 10 last night, about 16 hours now, but my old generator is still plugging away!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

...and the library grows...Grats!!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Thanks Garrell.
    I read THE CRETACEOUS PAST, and liked it. I would have preferred an Americanized spelling translation, but that's a minor quibble.
    Now perusing DARK ACROSS THE BAY by Ania Ahlborn

Spoiler:
    Lots of Stephen King references!

Still no power, going on 18 hours, generator stopped once, out of oil. Fixed by yours truly. Estimate by power company keeps having two hours added on every time I check.

LATER slipcase from Lividian plus Target exclusive 3CD set of Harrison's anniversary edition of ALL THINGS MUST PASS:

Citizen of Gilead Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of Alec has much to be proud of

That is a quality slip case Steve.
    First class product from Lividian.

I agree.
    It has a very nice texture.
    My S/L fit inside even with the shrinkwrap on.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like you are missing the UK Later 1st edition Steve. (I can tell because it's a slightly different size....)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Son of a low down dirty dog!

I'll have to do something about that!

The LOCUS with Bova's and Eisenstein's obituaries and remembrances.
    I used to subscribe to LOCUS and devour its every word, but I flew through this one after reading the obituaries, recognizing maybe 5% of the author's names in it.
    There is a picture of Eisenstein sitting next to Frederik Pohl on page 61, and I thought, hey, I met and talked to both of them! Am I getting old?
    The most exciting news, to me, was that Phyllis had written a book called THE CITY IN STONE that has never been published because Meishe Merlin went bust, and she also started a massive trilogy with one and a half books written. I sincerely hope some publisher brings these books out. I would dearly love to read them.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

In case you ever desire to make goats head soup,
    I have the recipe.
    1st --- chop a goat's head into two inch pieces...

Anyone know the provenance of this particular flyer (one sheet folded to make six), which appears to be a promotional item for PARTNERS IN WONDER?

I was dozing in my recliner this morning when my dog barked.
    When I hauled myself out of the chair and looked out the window there was a big box on the porch!
    I brought it inside, wearing my protective bomb suit.
    I pressed the red button on the side labeled, DO NOT PRESS!
    The box erupted, spewing books everywhere!

More to follow after I band-aid my cuts and soothe my bruises.
    Hmmm...it seems the sender's name is "Simon", very curious!

LATER UK paperbacks,
    the US edition is just a tad taller.

Signed UK editions.
    Neither author has ever won the John Hancock Penmanship of the Year Competition.

Three UK hardcover versions of Mister William Summers (what, he don't like winters?)
    No proof yet, maybe someday...

Thank you, Simon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 137 of 167 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137 138 139 147 ... LastLast