Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 166 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 4147

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Did you see this, Steve regarding new UK PB's?

Hodder To Reissue King's Entire Backlist
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Yeah, I'm thinking about it...

Here's the rest of my Clarke books, not counting paperbacks. As soon as I win the Powerball I'll fill in all the early editions.

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Many thanks. Great looking Clarke collection.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Thanks Jon & Frank.

Yet another Bova proof to add to my groaning shelves:

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

I was cleaning out a closet and found the packing box for the 11-22-63 signed edition.
    S&S even put the price of the book on the box, to discourage theft, no doubt.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Here is an Arthur C. Clarke picture.
    I think I took pictures of these before but they've been re-arranged a bit since.
    Yeah, I'm thinking about it...
    Here's the rest of my Clarke books, not counting paperbacks. As soon as I win the Powerball I'll fill in all the early editions.
    Steve - Pretty sure I've shared these before, but just in case. I've been a huge Clarke fan since the late 70's some time, "The City and the Stars " is one of my absolute favorite books; I was reading him long before I was reading King. These are all of my trade HC and PB Clarke books, couple in Italian, and a couple of proofs; all well-read, lotsa firsts, lotsa old paperbacks back when the art was great. The sole limiteds I have are the Centipede Against the Fall of Night and The City and the Stars duo, that's off in another bookcase. I wrote to him in 1988 after reading "Glide Path" and finding out we were both radar technicians who worked on the same types of radar systems; he wrote back with the annotated letter below.

If you ever want to part with your Clarke collection, I'm your man!

WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Part with Clarke?
    You must be Stark!
    Not as in George
    That's just too Dark
    Your stuff is cool
    Those letters rule
    The paperbacks
    No brags just facts
    They can't be beat
    Cause they so sweet.

Whoa! Just dumped a bucket of ice water over my head.
    That's what I get for watching 8 Mile again last night.

My favorite Clarke novels are 2001 and THE FOUNTAINS OF PARADISE.

Not a very good picture, but these are all the Clarke paperbacks that I have:

I see some of the horror paperbacks I bought ten, twenty years ago are starting to go for 50, 60 bucks or more on E-Bay, some in not so great condition. Either these people are getting ripped-off, or the books are getting scarcer because they were read and then discarded. Or it could be some other reason(s). This may be one of them:

This arrived today:

Amazon delivered these today, along with a DVD and a CD, all rattling around in a box with zero protection.
    Amazingly, there was no serious damage to anything.
    The classic novels book has THE SHRINKING MAN in it.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No air cushions! That's an Amazon staple.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

An Amazon customer rep promised me once that they would never again send me packages without adequate protection.
    Hey, I think he lied!

The collecting bug must have bit me long ago. Here's a newspaper I've had since Tuesday, August 5, 1969:

Country
    Country Flag

It was a great work of fiction

The best!

Got this today from The Folio Society:

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I like that version of The Road
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Me also.

Just because:

Even though I highly disliked the book, I ordered the Easton Press Signed Edition of XENOCIDE just to be a completist:

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice to see another collector sharing his OSC collection. Mine is likely much less impressive, though I do have a few ARCs and signed books, none are SL's or overly special.

I will say though, that I'm very much of two minds when it comes to OSC. Love his work, greatly dislike his politics, to the point that I make an effort not to buy anything he publishes new - I buy it all second hand under the pretext that I'm not lining his pockets any. I bring all this up because I'm curious if you've ever felt conflicted about collecting his work. I would be interested to know.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats,
    its hard to be a completist....

Thanks Frank, that's for sure!

I quit reading Card because he just seemed to go into a different writing mode that I did not like.

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very impressed! Awesome S/F collection!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Thanks guys...

Oh, Mister Heinlein, you’re so fine
    I read your books all the time
    Hey Heinlein
    Hey Heinlein
    Oh, Tim, you are so fine
    Without you, these numbered books would not be mine
    Yes, Tim’s fine
    Yes, Tim’s fine.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love the books (and the pup!) and am always most happy to help

Tim is the man!
    "Arf!"

I finally found a copy of THE MARTIAN US proof for a reasonable price.

All I need now is the signed UK edition, the lettered Sub Press and a 1st edition small size US paperback.

Oh darn, I also need a 1st UK trade hardcover.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 130 of 166 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 128 129 130 131 132 140 ... LastLast