Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 125 of 166 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 ... LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,125 of 4141

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

As far as I know I'm the only person who really liked it, and am STILL waiting for the S/L and the lettered, VERY patiently!!!!!!!

And if it's such a lousy story, why can't I pick up a proof(s) at a reasonable price, wahhhh!!!!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I did some major rearranging, the left hand shelf is now available to fill with King books.

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pretty sure I ordered a copy of GMF from SST but can't find that I actually did anywhere. Wait and see I reckon.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

GMF was well writing, just no actual story to go with it. Not cancelling mine because it is pt.2 and there may be a pt.3
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

I know what I'd like part 3 to be, but I'll keep it to myself.

I got my $19 bill today and my ON WRITING UK edition from the BOOK DEPOSITORY. Instead of sending me the September 1, 2020 New Edition, which is what they charged me for, they sent me an 18th printing of the 2012 edition, which is about half the price of the new edition. I have informed them of their mistake. The problem is, both editions have the same ISBN number, which has to be what they went by.

If you peel the $19 bill envelope open VERY slowly you can keep it intact and reseal it, which is what I did.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like the addressee there LOL. I wonder if that will happen for me as well from BD. I didn't realize the numbers were the same.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

I did that with PAINT, I am just SO artistic!

They might! How can they not realize I collect different editions! Really, I can't blame them about that, but I can blame them for the price difference. The last time that happened they sent me 3 2nd printings of a Stephen King UK hardcover I'd ordered MONTHS in advance to guarantee 1st printings. I informed a customer rep over an online 'talk' (I hate that other word, don't ask me why), and ended up getting a total refund on the books, which he said to just keep. They are OK with customer service in my book.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I did that with PAINT, I am just SO artistic!

They might! How can they not realize I collect different editions! Really, I can't blame them about that, but I can blame them for the price difference. The last time that happened they sent me 3 2nd printings of a Stephen King UK hardcover I'd ordered MONTHS in advance to guarantee 1st printings. I informed a customer rep over an online 'talk' (I hate that other word, don't ask me why), and ended up getting a total refund on the books, which he said to just keep. They are OK with customer service in my book.
    And with their books.

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I did some major rearranging, the left hand shelf is now available to fill with King books.

Holy cow! Brilliant!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I had to take all the Niven paperbacks off...
    World Of Ptavvs (or is it Ptauus?) - I always liked that story; I read a very old (maybe the 60s?) paperback I found in my house when I was a kid.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Ptavvs!
    And watch that spittle when you say it correctly. (Actually, I have no idea of the correct pronunciation)
    Early Niven was fantastic.
    Late Niven I find unreadable.

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Your collection is amazing. How many books do you think you own?

I physically counted them a few years ago, and then I lost the paper I'd written the number on!
    It was not as many as I thought, maybe 5 or 6 thousand, I don't remember!
    I DO know I have 1189 King books (counting the 18th printing of ON WRITING The Book Depository dummies sent me a few days ago).

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

Very impressive!

I have a Darth Vader bank that lights up, swivels back and forth when you put a quarter in it and says, "Very impressive, but you are not a Jedi yet!"

Country
    Country Flag

I physically counted them a few years ago, and then I lost the paper I'd written the number on!
    It was not as many as I thought, maybe 5 or 6 thousand, I don't remember!
    I DO know I have 1189 King books (counting the 18th printing of ON WRITING The Book Depository dummies sent me a few days ago).
    You make the most of available space for sure. I'm still waiting on my 20th printing of the book I'm sure I'll receive.

I got my right ON WRITING from the Book Depository today, along with the usual collectible bookmark, the USA 1st printing, June 2020, of the new edition. They got half my order right, at least!

I also got this proof of GOLD by Isaac Asimov today.
    It's the first proof I've ever seen with a copyright page indicating that it's a bound galley.
    I wonder if any of the King Doubleday proofs are like this. If anyone wants to send me some to check, please feel free!

Country
    Country Flag

Glad they got your US copy right.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

That Asimov proof is neat. I've never seen it before. Congrats!
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Supercool Asimov proof !!!

Thanks Frank and Peter and Brian!
    And thank you Antoni for the Australian edition of IF IT BLEEDS, which finally got here today after being stuck in the Chicago post office for a LONG time!
    HOLLOW HEART also arrived today.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the cover on Ben’s book. I still gotta fit it into my feed schedule.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Country
    Country Flag

Both of those guys look familiar

Steve, you'll be happy to know I received my 25 printing of On Writing.

25!
    You can try to complain, but if you do I hope you have better results than I did.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 125 of 166 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 123 124 125 126 127 135 ... LastLast