Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Did I read here somewhere that this is rare because there is a SK story in it? Or was that just the proof, which I don't have, although I'm 99% sure I saw one in John's proof thread.

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Here's the picture of the proof:

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Which SK story is in that publication?

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

The Night of the Tiger
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

And did it only appeared in the proof? Not the final version of the book?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

No, it's in the book, and the proof too I assume. It originally appeared in the February 1978 issue of F&SF:

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Got that magazine

Thanks!!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

It is in the proof also.

John

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool! Thanks!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Finally got my lettered HARD LUCK DIGGINGS from Sub Press.

Lettered on left (hiding in the traycase), trade on right:

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Letter J

<---------------------Jerome likes.

Received the last 4 volumes today. These books are heavy!

LEGACIES, with just a bit of an upper spine problem:

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

My copy has a little bit of that too.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Legacies + 4 massive Jack Vance books ... Congrats

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

That LEGACIES is a beautiful book.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

SONGS OF THE DYING EARTH:

Sub Press trade
    Sub Press S/N
    Sub Press lettered
    First UK trade hardcover
    First US trade hardcover (well, 2nd counting the Sub Press trade)
    UK trade paperback (AmazonUK sent me a 2nd printing, grrrrrrr! after holding my order for almost 2 months!)

Blurry photo of letter 'H' from the lettered edition

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Man - that's an awesome collection !

sk

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Slightly offtopic: I once purchased a couple of books from an eBay seller and when he noticed I was from The Netherlands, he asked me to send him a copy of the Dutch translation of SONGS OF THE DYING EARTH. It turned out that he had a story in there as well - his name is Byron Tetrick, if I recall correctly.

Yes, I recall Byron Tetrick's story, about a group of young men in a magic class. It's truly a small world!

Well, more books, what else!

FULL DARK, NO STARS:

1st US trade hardcover
    1st UK trade hardcover
    CD Gift edition
    1st UK export trade paperback
    Large Print edition
    CD S/N edition

Also have but not shown, another UK 1st HC and the UK trade PB, 3rd printing

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Those FDNS all look awesome.
    Good looking UK export copy there too lol

Quote Originally Posted by jimimck View Post
    Those FDNS all look awesome.
    Good looking UK export copy there too lol
    I agree! It came all the way from New Zealand to my humble abode, but wait, you already know that!

Found in a box on my porch today:

Richard Matheson, A STIR OF ECHOES Gauntlet proof with CD
    Richard Matheson, COME FYGURES COME SHADOWES ARC with CD
    Richard Matheson, MATHESON UNCOLLECTED VOLUME ONE ARC
    Stephen King, JUST AFTER SUNSET 1st UK hardcover (to go along with my 3rd printing)
    Harlan Ellison, MEFISTO IN ONYX proof
    Robert Bloch, PSYCHO PATHS proof (hey, am I in this book??)

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very nice, Steve!

John

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Mephisto In Onyx Proof-cool. I have one also. Signed (don't know if that is good or bad) in red ink.
    I love that book, and the way Ziesing produced it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 167 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 62 112 ... LastLast