Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 115 of 166 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 165 ... LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 4139

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I picked up a couple (to me at least) interesting new proofs to add to my collection.
    PASSION PLAY 1st US 'by' Jerrzy Kosinski, which I guess came out just about the time it was disclosed he had his books written by a committee of hired people he provided notes to. Nevertheless, a very interesting book!
    And the 1st UK HC edition of TIMEQUAKE by the late, great Kurt Vonnegut, another novelist who didn't always practice what he preached, but hey, who of us really does?

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the Vonnegut
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Love the Vonnegut
    Yeah, me too! His early proofs are too expensive for me, though.
    I've been keeping giant scrapbooks for newspaper clippings for many years, not pasting but putting the pieces under plastic. I was looking for a spot for Terry Jones's obituary, the first clipping I've saved in God knows how long, and found some King stuff in my most recent book (of four) and managed to take some lousy pictures of King related stuff. And one of of a non-King movie ad.

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Got some stuff in the mail today, including HANNIBAL RISING from kingfan2323:

I had to sell my car to buy these books and this is what I'm driving now:

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice books, the car is awesome.
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice adds. Pour your heart and soul into the car. It will come alive
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hannibal Rising looks sharp on the shelf. Love The Shining proof!

seeking: anything DT#246
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Thanks guys, I have bought some Turtle Wax.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Needs a scented pine tree thingy
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Thingy on the way!

Got my PS THE STAND today, and my REVIVAL proof and a mouse pad! Thanks Bev!!!

Someone had four DOCTOR SLEEP masks and two room keys, and they even threw a BLAIR WITCH pin in the package, for a very low price, so I couldn't resist, on E-Bay. Of course, I only need three masks, so I will send one FREE to the continental USA to the first person who asks for it. This is a duller mask than the ones that were offered before with red on them, and are not the ones with blue on them. They are all black, with white lettering. Three styles so far that I know of. Will variations never cease? I hope not!

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Too late to ask?
    Nice stuff btw
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Nope, I don't think anyone's looked but you.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

So I win?
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Nice Stand and Revival proof.

Thanks Mike.
    Garrrell, you win.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Nice stuff, Steve. By the way, every photo you post seems to show a different corner of your library. Your collection is stupendous!!

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I think he lives in a library. Jealous
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

BIG CONGRATS Steve !!!

Thanks fellows, for the nice observations.

I just had to buy this, even though I know it's not really written by Harlan Ellison, and the publisher has been informed of the error. Just too interesting to pass up

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Thanks fellows, for the nice observations.

I just had to buy this, even though I know it's not really written by Harlan Ellison, and the publisher has been informed of the error. Just too interesting to pass up

WHAT

I love stuff like this! Had to check it out and now I have a copy coming soon

(From what I could piece together, Biddy and the Silver Man was a story in Fantastic magazine from Feb 1957, which was attributed to "E. K. Jarvis", which was a pseudonym used by a group of people including Robert Bloch, Harlan Ellison, and Robert Silverberg, among others. What I can't tell is if the story's author is actually known, or, if not, how it's known that Ellison was not the author...)

Please fill us in if you know more, Steve! Very neat

I received an e-mail (sent to all subscribers) from Jason Davis at Harlanellisonbooks.com informing me that this book was not written by Ellison, and I believe it did mention the actual author's name, and a detailed account of the reason for the screw-up. I thought I saved the e-mail in a Windows 10 e-mail file, but now it's all blank. I absolutely HATE Windows 10 e-mail, but my old Outlook program developed a glitch and no longer works. Every time they make an 'improvement', things all go to hell. I loved Outlook, it was so simple (like me), no videos, no pop-ups, no muss, no fuss.

I sent to James in New Zealand for some NZ bubblewrap, because you just can't beat New Zealand bubblewrap, and he threw in a couple of Australian 1st trade paperback editions of THE INSTITUTE, in two different colors. Now I'm wondering if the UK large paperback edition came in different shades as well, as I only have the one color. I now have 15 copies of THE INSTITUTE, only 2 are duplicates. I still need the US and the UK proofs though.

I FINALLY got my REVIVAL!
    If any book was worth the wait, this is the one. Absolutely gorgeous!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love the purple and agree that Revival is gorgeous!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 115 of 166 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 125 165 ... LastLast