Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 167 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 ... LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 4158

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Very nice! I must read more Vonnegut; I've only read SH5, which I enjoyed, but am not sure I fully understood .
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Nice to see Library of America making an appearance.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

More Vonnegut:

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Robert Bloch:

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh wow, love the Blochs. Some very rare ones, too. Why the multiple copies of some titles, Steve? Signed / Inscriptions?

No, they were in much better shape than the first ones I had, so I upgraded, a long time ago, and kept my first copies.

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ahh, ok. Amazing collection. What’s that Dead Beat Edition with the femme fatale on the cover??

That is two copies of the first UK hardcover.

More (mostly) Bloch:

More Bloch than you can shake a stick at:

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Jesus, Steve. You have Psycho 1 and 2 proofs? Those must be worth a pretty penny. Very impressive Bloch collection, my friend.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

The Psycho proof is for the 35th Anniversary edition. I don't think it's worth that much, and I don't think the Psycho 2 proof is that rare either.
    I'd let them both go for, say, $500,000, and I'll pay postage. Insurance is extra though.
    Although I've stopped looking for it, my most sought after Bloch book is SEA KISSED. I used to be on a want list at L.W. Currey for it, but it's so rare I think only the guy (or girl) at the head of the line ever got one.
    I haven't looked at these books in a long time, so I am enjoying taking them out and photographing them.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Well, it’s not cheap but there’s one on Abe:

https://www.abebooks.com/book-search.../robert-bloch/

And it looks like one sold for about $1200 on Heritage Auctions, although I’m not sure when:

https://historical.ha.com/itm/books/...a/6155-45010.s

My Mood
    Chatty

Would you take a cool quarter million for the proofs? I’ll pay for shipping.

I'll think about you offer -OKAY!

I just looked up that SEA KISSED too. Maybe one of these days...

More chips off the old blochead.
    I sent a check to Creatures At Large for the HC and PB editions of Lost In Time And Space With Lefty Feep Volume Two, they went out of business and I (sea) kissed my money goodbye, and that's not the only time a publisher did that to me. I used to keep a list but I threw it away.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Wow, Steve, you're not messing about with that Bloch collection. Well done, man. Some really nice volumes there.
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Thanks, Peter.
    Some more Bloch, including his own proof copy of ONCE AROUND THE BLOCH, purchased directly from Bloch in his home by a dealer friend of mine who I think was thinking of me when he bought it, and which Bloch graciously flat signed. Also the OMNI magazine in which he discusses his upcoming demise:

Country
    Country Flag

And the Bloch keeps... on... comin! Awesome. I need to gran that "Once Around The Bloch"...

My Mood
    Chatty

You inspired me, Steve. I picked up a couple lettered Psycho 2 PCs today!

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    You inspired me, Steve. I picked up a couple lettered Psycho 2 PCs today!
    !!!WHAT!!! Are you Psycho, too?

This is it for the hardcover, trade size stuff. If I feel like it I may start taking cheesecake photos of my Bloch paperbacks.
    I am missing two lettered editions here, both of which I desperately want. One is not terribly hard to get, the other I've seen only once and missed obtaining it by that much!

I was looking for a Johnny Cash CD, and I was surprised to see how many Sheryl Crow CDs I had. And it made me happy to take a picture of them, so it can't be bad, but then I want to know why the hell am I so sad:

Here is an Enigma or two:

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I was looking for a Johnny Cash CD, and I was surprised to see how many Sheryl Crow CDs I had. And it made me happy to take a picture of them, so it can't be bad, but then I want to know why the hell am I so sad:

Because every day is a winding road.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    If it makes you happy...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 167 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 102 142 ... LastLast