Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 147 of 166 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 4137

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I agree Philip and Garrell.
    I like the artwork, especially the ADVANCE READER COPY compositions!

Here is my AE of THE HANDMAID'S TALE:

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I saw on the Suntup site you can send for a THE WOLFEN wooden box on its own, so I did.
    I don't know why it wasn't on the scratch and dent page though, it has five big gouges on the cover.
    I guess I'll keep it anyway.

https://i.imgur.com/LtrZbEa.jpg
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice new stuff !!!

Thanks Frank!

Yet another Easton Press Ender book, which I'll most likely never read, ENDER IN EXILE (in case you can't read the title on my not so great picture):

https://i.imgur.com/Xx6I07A.jpg

Finally, I (maybe) have them all!
    There are probably some inner-office or other version(s) I'm missing.
    But I have space for them!

https://i.imgur.com/JTGaFiL.jpg

Yedanudder proof bought on a whim.
    Either I like proofs or characters who shoot things with crossbows or maybe both, who knows?

https://i.imgur.com/BiP11rm.jpg

Just when you thought it was safe to read a book again....

https://i.imgur.com/K6hVfb2.jpg

Another Centipede Press book, THE JONAH, which I had to buy from a secondary source since I was too late on the initial offering:

https://i.imgur.com/dVkXGe6.jpg

I bought these offered pages and books from Gauntlet, which I couldn't resist because I am a big Matheson fan:

• A typed and signed page from Matheson’s manuscript from THE LINK
    • A typed page from “Night Killers,” a Kolchak script he co-wrote with William Nolan. This page is signed by both Matheson and Nolan
    • A signed copy of a handwritten page from his novel WOMAN
    • An unsigned, but original typed page with corrections from THE DISTRIBUTOR
    • A signed typed page with handwritten corrections from UNREALIZED DREAMS
    Plus two signed bonus items:
    • A signed copy of the trade paperback edition of his novel WOMAN
    • 1 signed Matheson chapbook

https://i.imgur.com/rvlW8PH.jpg

And the shelf above the Matheson books, guarded by fierce warrior women! (Okay, they're only statues, sheesh!)

https://i.imgur.com/jC3b3nf.jpg

Three new acquisitions:
    1. MASTERS OF THE WEIRD TALE, Stefan Grabinski, Centipede Press
    2. ARMAGEDDON IN RETROSPECT Uncorrected Proof, Kurt Vonnegut
    3. POWER CHALLENGES trade PB, Ben Bova

https://i.imgur.com/UAtROIX.jpg

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Frank!

Did you hear about the butcher boy who backed up into a fan?
    He got a little behind in his work.

My 87th Suntup book.

https://i.imgur.com/yvvyhrF.jpg

2022 movie tie-in, 1st thus.
    Get it while it's hot!

https://i.imgur.com/AdojTyg.jpg

Today I went to my Aunt Barbara's funeral. Out of 15 aunts and uncles (one of my widowed aunts remarried), I now have one aunt left, sigh.
    The priest said she's in Heaven for eternity, which is something I sincerely want to believe but also something I have serious doubts about, and so I choose to believe him, what the heck!
    Just what one does for all eternity anyway I often wonder, without, of course, pronouncing the 't' in often!

Since the cemetery was close to Barnes & Noble I stopped in after the burial and bought two books, Norman Reedus's new one (with Frank Bill but I'll pretend Norman did 99% of the writing anyway), and another copy of Ms. Gwendy's opus (with the green boards).
    Also shown is the Target exclusive Blu-Ray of THE BATMAN, which I have not yet seen, but have heard good things about, especially from the cute girl with the purple hair at the gas station, so how could I possibly go wrong?!?

[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/4EVFFE7.jpg[/IMG]

Added some proofs/galleys to the old collection today,
    galley of Jack Vance's THE NARROW LAND from DAW
    a couple more Asimov proofs
    another Ben Bova proof
    Two TALES OF THE VELVET COMET galleys from Phantasia Press by Mike Resnick

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff.

Thanks Jerome, there would have been more but the UPS mis-delivered a package addressed to me today to who knows where?
    I just hate when they do that.
    The last time it was the USPS with a very expensive Suntup book. I just found out today which neighbor finally brought it over by walking up and down the street (dirt road) with my dog asking people if they got my package (no luck).

GWENDY'S FINAL TASK (take out the trash, maybe?), both the UK and US paperbacks arrived on the same day, within seconds of each other from two different sources (USPS and Amazon).
    I must be on the right beam at the right time for a change.

https://i.imgur.com/rUGSGhx.jpg

Got my Hard Case Crime poster from Ron today, along with an associational item, an ARC of CATCH AND RELEASE, Sub Press's upcoming hardcover release of a Hard Case Crime paperback:

by the author of "Satan is a Woman"! All hail Sa...oh, never mind.
    If you're wondering how I got that poster to hang up there like that, here's a hint...chewing gum!

https://i.imgur.com/Y8UdS5y.jpg

Today I got my latest Sideshow Powergirl statue.
    To show how big she is, I put this cheap King book I found for $1.98 at the Goodwill store next to it.

https://i.imgur.com/lq5WwjU.jpg

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Steve, supernice new stuff !!!

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Today I got my latest Sideshow Powergirl statue.
    To show how big she is, I put this cheap King book I found for $1.98 at the Goodwill store next to it.

https://i.imgur.com/lq5WwjU.jpg
    $1.98, now that would be a find. I wouldn’t have been able to pay for shaking.

Great statue/figurines
    Nobody likes a clown at midnight

Thanks Frank and shaq!

More great books arrived today:
    2 Lividian proofs, which were delivered across the street by UPS 6 days ago, and which were just handed to me by the neighbor across the street today after I filed a claim and asked every neighbor except him if they got my package by mistake!
    And the SST editions of MALORIE and MY BEST FRIEND'S EXORCISM which I ordered from Sub Press.

https://i.imgur.com/4oILirw.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9Api0Kj.jpg

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, somebody else here reading the "Foundation Series" which, along with, "Dune" forms the basis for a ton of current Sci-Fi not the least of which is "Star Wars".

Norman Reedus!! One of the "Saints"!!! What is that book about, Steve? It's not a biography is it? If it is I would sure like to hear about his experiences while filming the two, "Boondock saints" films. The first film which is the best IMHO (All Saints Day" is a close second) is severely under appreciated, IMHO.

Still, I have read that the author (Troy Duffy?) was a real piece of work during filming. Fortunately, what ever was going happening during filming didn't affect the final film.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Wow, somebody else here reading the "Foundation Series" which, along with, "Dune" forms the basis for a ton of current Sci-Fi not the least of which is "Star Wars".

Norman Reedus!! One of the "Saints"!!! What is that book about, Steve? It's not a biography is it? If it is I would sure like to hear about his experiences while filming the two, "Boondock saints" films. The first film which is the best IMHO (All Saints Day" is a close second) is severely under appreciated, IMHO.

Still, I have read that the author (Troy Duffy?) was a real piece of work during filming. Fortunately, what ever was going happening during filming didn't affect the final film.
    I've no idea what Reedus's book is about. I bought it because of his work on The Walking Dead, which I quit on the 10th season. I think I saw THE BOONDOCK SAINTS but can't remember anything about it. I don't like to know ANYTHING about books or movies until I read or see them, which is hard to do! I break this rule when I hear about some author's book I never encountered before, such as the Hendrix book above, which sounded interesting, hoping I'll forget what I read before tackling the book.
    Those FOUNDATION and DUNE books are still in the shrinkwrap. If I read them again Ill dig out my old paperbacks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 147 of 166 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 ... LastLast