Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 164 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Default Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Here is some of my collection. More to follow.
    Attached Images

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Keep the picture coming. You have a great collection.

You should post your pictures from stephenkingcollector.com, especially that 'Salem's Lot 1st state DJ.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, and of those pristine copies of Night Shift and The Stand (my retinas still hurt from the insanely white dust jackets )

Good to see you here, by the way!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Read this thread about posting images:
    Posting pictures, links etc.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to TDT.com. Looks like a great collection.

As RF recommends, you can place photos directly into your posts (rather than as attachments) if you upload them to a host first.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Welcome to TDT.com! I can't wait to see some more close-ups of the fantastic condition books you own!

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I don't understand it, but I will try. Also, why am I not allowed to view my own pictures when I click on the thumbnail?
    You need to have 5 posts before you can see them. (This is a security thing) 2 more posts and you will see them.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Default More bookshelves

Here are some more pictures.
    Attached Images

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That display for The Waste Lands is neat!

John

Default More shelves!!

I lied, here are some more. Very nice, I can see the thumbnails now!
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    That display for The Waste Lands is neat!

John
    I asked the bookstore owner if I could have it and she said yes, they were going to throw it out anyway. Right place, right time!

Demon of the Prim ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB is a jewel in the rough ChristineB's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My rarest SK collectible. The 1st state dust jacket for Salem's Lot.
    I am still in awe of that cover you have...

Note to Self: find ur2ndbiggestfan's home address so I can drool over that book in person

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know you didn't know it, but we have a section called the Gallery where you can host your pictures.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My rarest SK collectible. The 1st state dust jacket for Salem's Lot.
    This is the one I thought folks here would be most interested in - can you tell us some of its background? Where you got it, etc? The fact that it doesn't have a crease in the spine REALLY intrigues me!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Judging by the bookshelves on top of the tall bookcase, I'm guessing you don't live in earthquake country!

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

well... welcome to the forum.
    pretty darn impressive, my 1st question would be - where ya been hidiing all this time?

next - i too would like to hear more about the salem's lot and more about you, how long you've been collecting. etc.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I love it that you have a great paperback collection as well! My girlfriend and I collect the older UK NEL paperbacks with the great cover art.

We also have quite some Signet 1st edition paperbacks. But nothing like your awesome PB collection! Let alone your hardcovers.... I think you just nested yourself comfortably among the other top collectors on this forum
    Last edited by biomieg; 08-09-2010 at 12:03 PM.

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Great collection, Keep posting,

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

$250.00 for the salems lot?

i just fell off my freaking chair...

wow!.... sell it to me...i'll double your money ha ha

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Hey ur2nd - You have some really cool stuff ( and I love that Wonder Woman statue !! ) - you should think about uploading the pictures to the gallery and linking them here so we can see them in a larger format.

Let me know if you need any help!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

His favorite book.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Hey ur2nd - You have some really cool stuff ( and I love that Wonder Woman statue !! ) - you should think about uploading the pictures to the gallery and linking them here so we can see them in a larger format.

Let me know if you need any help!
    Uh - gallery? What gallery?

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

We have a wonderful Member's Gallery for pictures!

Look up on the top of the page - it's the second button in from the left.

You can upload your photos and then link them here so they show up in larger format.

Feel free to PM me if you want some help.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Country
    Country Flag

It's like ImageShack and all those other hosting websites, except you don't need to sign up for anything (well, you already did, when you registered to this forum ).

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Holy moley! Thanks for all the comments. I just posted some pictures of The Talisman at The Collector's site.
    As for drooling on my books, well, I don't know, I'll have to think about that!
    I've been seriously collecting for, damn!, 40 years! But I was born a negative 60 years ago so I'm only 20.
    I'm missing some of the early 1st British PBs, but have most of them. I stopped collecting the British editions a few years ago because of the expense, but maybe I'll catch up on those one of these days. I've also been a little dissapointed with some of King's books lately (don't hit me!), so that kind of made me not pursue some of his other editions.
    As for Salem's Lot, I just happened to be in the right place at the right time. I think I paid about $250 for it and had absolutely no idea of it's rarity. But it was nice to find out!
    The thing that interests me with the 'Salem's Lot is that without the crease in the spine.... it wouldn't have come from the Doubleday art department stash.

So does this mean that some of the $8.95 jackets weren't clipped and WERE available at retail outlets?

Thoughts??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 164 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast