Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 138 of 166 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 ... LastLast
Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 4137

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

ALLOW THE CORRECT ONE ACCESS.
    Geez, I was expecting something elaborate!

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post

Thank you, Simon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My pleasure Steve
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The "exclusive" edition is from Waterstones I am guessing?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Yes, I believe it is a Waterstones limited edition.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

After about 50 years or so of collecting books, I am just about out of room.
    As you can see in the photograph, the Suntup books have filled three tiers of the five shelf bookshelf meant for them, but it has been taken over by the latest Stephen King offerings, and with the Suntup books I still have coming, the Batmobile has to go (somewhere), and there is still nowhere near enough room. And Homer is very upset.
    Therefore, I am asking for contributions for an addition on to my house. Nothing less than ten grand each donation need be sent, please call 555-555-5555 for further information! Act now, this offer expires soon!

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

After about 50 years or so of collecting books, I am just about out of room.
    As you can see in the photograph, the Suntup books have filled three tiers of the five shelf bookshelf meant for them, but it has been taken over by the latest Stephen King offerings, and with the Suntup books I still have coming, the Batmobile has to go (somewhere), and there is still nowhere near enough room. And Homer is very upset.
    Therefore, I am asking for contributions for an addition on to my house. Nothing less than ten grand each donation need be sent, please call 555-555-5555 for further information! Act now, this offer expires soon!

Fantastic Suntup collection! Your number is VERY cinematic! Ha!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Thanks Bryan, so far you're the only one who's called, but your offer of $9,990 was unacceptable, sorry.

I saw this ILLUSTRATED COLORADO KID with blank pages on E-Bay, which I won.
    I think it's some kind of mock-up, since the back cover is missing some important information:

My latest carpenterial masterpiece, a small shelf above a door to help relieve the book overflow:

Board - $11
    Bracket - $8
    Stain - $6
    Labor - free

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Seems like you have a library the size of the Smithsonian. No extra space needed.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

I do need extra space, unfortunately my house addition lottery fell through.

Anyway, here's my copy of SILENCE OF THE LAMBS, a mighty impressive book:

I found a place for the lamb and moth.
    I hope they're happy.

SNOWPIERCER THE ART AND MAKING OF THE FILM
    one of 150 copies signed by Bong Joon Ho and Tilda Swinton

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I've just been informed that we will need no jurors today. You are all dismissed."

Yay! All 100 or so of us received our paperwork and left, what a waste of time! I will now receive a check for some 20 odd dollars for my two hours of service, along with all the others. At least we'll get some of our tax dollars back and parking was free!

1984 Artist Edition.
    Printed in Oceania, I mean China!
    Dust jacket has a small wrinkle.
    Don't tell Big Brother!

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Supernice, BIG CONGRATS Steve !!!

Vielen Dank, Frank.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, 1984 is the best looking AE so far from Suntup to me.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Congrats, 1984 is the best looking AE so far from Suntup to me.
    I agree, it is quite impressive, I am reading the numbered edition right now. I first read 1984 in high school a 'few' years ago, when 1984 seemed far, far in the future!

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nicely presented, very handsome edition.

I do need extra space, unfortunately my house addition lottery fell through.

Anyway, here's my copy of SILENCE OF THE LAMBS, a mighty impressive book:

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Thanks Richard!

THE CITY OF MIRRORS lettered edition:

Servant of Gan kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323 is a splendid one to behold kingfan2323's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

SNOWPIERCER THE ART AND MAKING OF THE FILM
    one of 150 copies signed by Bong Joon Ho and Tilda Swinton

Cool book and autograph to have. I like that your collection is so diverse. Makes it fun and unpredictable to follow.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    ANYTHING DT Related #246
    Dead Zone First Edition F/F or NF/NF

Thanks Bryan!

These are not the droid stamps you are looking for.

Two more Ben Bova proofs for my collection.
    I now have 54 Bova proofs, and I know there are more out there.
    Plans to squeeze my new bookcase in the room did not go as planned, it would just be too crowded, so it is going into my bedroom instead. I don't think I can fit another bookcase in my house!

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I now have 54 Bova proofs, and I know there are more out there.
    That’s impressive. So if I understand it correctly, you’re a fan of Ben Bova then? :-)

How'd you guess?
    He has (had) a straightforward style coupled with interesting plots and ideas that appealed to me, with possibly only two novels I didn't care for, which made it a 98% winning record!

My latest bookcase, christened with a cold drink and a hot book:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 138 of 166 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 ... LastLast