Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 153 of 165 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 4116

Thread: Book Collection: ur2ndbiggestfan

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I knew I needed something!

https://i.imgur.com/WvJZuzJ.jpg
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

FAIRY TALE special edition, front & back:

https://i.imgur.com/PIGNaOv.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/CjWPckj.jpg

CHARLIE front and back:

https://i.imgur.com/JxjbvdH.jpg

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

CONGRATS Steve !!!

Thanks Frank!
    I mean Danke Schoen!

Another book to add to my world famous Hard Case Crime ARC collection!
    Not in great shape, but it was priced accordingly.

https://i.imgur.com/1XnX1en.jpg

ARTEMIS has launched!

To Mooninity...and beyond!

https://i.imgur.com/xNugJaX.jpg

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice slipcase, Steve. First of a few no doubt!

At least two more coming from CD and Lividian, I think!

Annnnnnnndddd........can it possibly be yet another Hard Case Crime ARC has found its way to my shelves? Hard to believe....but yes!

https://i.imgur.com/Pv5f1vU.jpg

Oh Brother(s)!
    Not another Ben Bova proof!

https://i.imgur.com/GWU0xTL.jpg

I was dusting the old bookshelves and pulled out two proofs to give them some air.
    I don't see these offered much (although I admit I'm not actively looking for them), and I took a picture just for the heck of it:

https://i.imgur.com/r0av3fb.jpg

Through disgustingly devious despicably deceiving devices, I have acquired a FAIRY TALE pin!
    Ah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

It was difficult finding a place to put it.

https://i.imgur.com/6wWO2mX.jpg

I've been looking for FINAL DESTINATION 2 by Nancy A. Collins and Natasha Rhodes, ever since I learned of its existence, for some time now.
    It, like FINAL DESTINATION LOOKS COULD KILL (which I bought on release), could only be had for starting from $100 on up, with some people asking over a thousand dollars for them, why I don't really know.
    A recent search led me to Amazon of all places, where they said they had one left! For $7.99 plus postage, so I sent for it. Sometimes it pays to be patient.

https://i.imgur.com/3n8JSNe.jpg

THE KING OF SHADOWS, it's incredible, it's scary, it's magic!

https://i.imgur.com/8QGnPNc.jpg

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Supernice new stuff Steve, CONGRATS !!!

Thanks Frank!

Another Centipede Press book, sent with dust jackets for wrapping paper!
    Soon I"ll be able to paper my walls with them, but first, let's just play with them!

https://i.imgur.com/LzPY5mG.jpg

Since the follow-up volume, In Minter Conditioner, has been indefinitely delayed; I mean, it's been nine years! What sort of publisher waits that long to print announced books anyway? Really! I've decided to post my contribution to the next of the Universe-famous series here. Is it horror, or is it just horrible?

https://i.imgur.com/kXUHoVY.jpg

Spoiler:
    Private I

by ur2ndbiggestfan

“What’s that?” I asked the entomologist I was questioning about the murder of the world’s greatest author, Sue Do Nym, jerking a thumb towards the strange machine on his desk.
    “A centipede press,” he said nervously.
    “That ain’t no insect,” I shot back, scenting a clue.
    “I…I like to branch out,” was the reply, his fingers brushing some compressed, many legged bugs into a desk drawer, “Anything wrong with that?”
    “Guess not, where’s your wife and two daughters?”
    “At the local graveyard.”
    “Huh?”
    “They like to go to the cemetery, dance on the graves,” he said defensively.
    “Hobby?”
    “You could say that, yes.”
    I had the feeling he was hiding something. Exactly what, I wasn’t yet sure.
    “Where were you on the night of November fifth?” I asked.
    “My wife and I were dining out. We’d decided to try that new restaurant downtown, The Sun T.”
    “Up by the library, ain’t it?”
    “Yes, as a matter of fact, it is, so?”
    I leaned over the desk, my knuckles on its top, and looked him straight in the eye.
    “That’s where Ms. Nym was murdered!”
    Just then, as if under a bad moon, Books, the cop I’d had a few run ins with, burst through the door.
    “What’s goin’ on here!” he demanded, his 38 out and pointing in the wrong direction, right between my eyes!
    “Hello, flatfoot,” I said, lighting a cigarette, “What brings you here?”
    “My feet, wise guy!” he snarled, “Why are you putting this man through the gauntlet? Pressing his buttons like you always do, you rat?”
    I blew smoke in his face, but before he got the first cough out, the ceiling disintegrated and a small green man with a very large head dropped through.
    “Earthling!” he said through his translator box, pointing a menacing looking ray gun at me, “Give it to me!”
    “Give you what?” I asked, backing away, my 20-20 vision spotting a piece of torn paper on the desk’s corner, the bottom half of a letter, written in a feminine hand, the words “P.S. – Publishing…” The rest had been torn away. Son of a gun, I thought, another clue!
    Surreptitiously, I slid the paper into my hand, curling my fingers over it.
    “Sst!” the alien hissed, “I want it…now!”
    “You got it, Bub,” said Books, bringing the butt of his revolver down on that huge noggin.
    “Thanks, flatfoot,” I said, “I owe you one,” as the Martian fell unconscious at my feet.
    The door burst open again (I almost felt sorry for the thing), and in came two beat cops I knew, Underwood and Miller, dragging a blonde dish and her own 38, along with a 22 and a 36, between them.
    “Look what we found lurking in the hall, her lovely, china delicate ear pressed to the keyhole!” Miller said.
    “Sue Do Nym!” both I and Books cried.
    “I faked my own death!” she confessed, smiling at me invitingly, “So my book sales would go up, and used a phony name to open a new bank account where the royalties would be deposited.”
    “I see,” I said, moving in on Underwood and Miller and extracting Ms. Nym for myself, “How about we celebrate in that new underground nightclub that just opened, baby?”
    “Sounds positively subterranean!”
    Pressing my arm against her waist, Sue led me out the door, which was hanging precariously on one hinge.

THE END

Be sure to check out my further adventures in “Private I solves the mystery of the Borderlands!” Press ‘1’ to continue!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Great writing!

Thanks Jerome!

STELLA MARIS 1st UK trade paperback edition:

https://i.imgur.com/tkFwv7T.jpg

Saw this on Mercari for a couple of bucks so I bought it.
    It's not a proof, but a 'complementary copy', with no price, the 5th printing of the 2011 Ballantine Books International Edition.
    Sent with nearly zero protection in a flimsy bag, but like I said, it was only a few dollars. (and besides, who wouldn't want another copy of THE PASSAGE?)

https://i.imgur.com/AaszvhS.jpg

Q: Why was 6 upset?
    A: Because 7 -- 8 -- 9.

Now available in enticingly evil trade paperback from Hachette Books UK:

https://i.imgur.com/2IFbV3u.jpg

Here are my two copies of THE STAND I sent for from Booksamillion, and here is the e-mail I sent to their customer service department:

Dear Horrible Packaging People,
    I just received my two copies of THE STAND by Stephen King, and I must admit even Amazon.com's packaging, which is execrable, is better than yours.
    Both of my books were bent or damaged at the corners or spines, and one of them is even torn at the spine.
    As a book collector, this appalls me. When I buy something brand new, I, however foolish this may be, expect to receive something brand new.
    Thankfully for myself, this will be the first, and last, order I ever place with you.
    Sincerely,

https://i.imgur.com/smcbt7r.jpg

STELLA MARIS 1st US hardcover, plus boxed set, which arrived today from Amazon in perfect condition:

https://i.imgur.com/ogNtZ2V.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 153 of 165 FirstFirst ... 53 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 163 ... LastLast