Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: The Baronies--Individual Book Discussion **please read**

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Default The Baronies--Individual Book Discussion **please read**

Hopefully you guys have noticed that NuWiki (the product we loaded to handle the wiki) has all kinds of wonderful uses for our site.

So far we have the Towerpedia! which is in development--we expect this database to grow into THE place to find information on the characters, places and things that make up the world of The Dark Tower. I really hope everyone will make an effort to fill that one with any relevant information on the series you can think of. Please get in touch with Daghain if you want to help out.

We also have the tower connections page going that Darkthoughts has taken the lead on. This is a graphically represented list of all the connections in the series. She could also use help on that if you are interested. Towerpedia is an ongoing project that could take years, the tower connections is more static and will be completed as soon as all the entries are done.

As you have seen---both of these "wikis" are autolinked throughout the site for ease of navigation.

With that being said, the next one will be Individual Book Discussion--a forum in the Baronies. Here we will place an article for each book--plus a well written synopsis of the story (need help for that ).

This "wiki" will be the one auto linked through out the forum so we don't get duplicates on the books--each entry will have a link to the tower connections page for more information on that front.

If you would like more information on our various "wiki's"--please the Wiki--How To thread

Now, you may be thinking--why is he doing this?
    • A large amount of information organized and easily referenced. Instead of forums--articles.
    • Auto links will reference the book itself--a member written synopsis of the story and links to other information on the site (collections--connections--reread...stuff like that)
    • The ability to hold discussions on the books through the products "comments" feature.
    • Product encourages new users to view the opening page where they receive information on the possibility of spoilers.
    That's really just to name a few. So let me know if you have any comments or suggestions here
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

wow matt. this site is just wonderful to no end.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Sarah

I am so proud of this thing and the people here. Its much more than I ever could have imagined.

We could all be on the ground floor of the Dark Towers version of mugglenet

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Truly Matt, you do so much for this site
    We all appretiate it so much

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you again, its really about the members though. You guys make the community.

On topic: This thing is coming right along, you guys can check the progress in the baronies. Its a work in progress obviously

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey you can ignore my PM now I think I just answered my own question.

I think that's a great idea. It keeps the discussion forum for each wiki page limited to discussing the content as it refers to that page, so we can collaborate if there are any questions/differences of opinions on an entry.

Brilliant!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This all sounds promising, Matt!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Along the Path of the Beam MaraJShakespeare is on a distinguished road MaraJShakespeare's Avatar

Haven't looked through it all yet, but this whole project sounds quite useful, whether just for recreational pleasure or for academic research. If I think of anything helpful, I'll surely drop a line, probably in here, as I still lack technical expertise. . .
    We place no reliance
    Upon virgin or pigeon;
    Our method is science,
    Our aim is religion!

-Motto of Aleister Crowley