Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: If King were to write a fictionalized version of your life

Gunslinger Apprentice BillyxRansom is on a distinguished road

Default If King were to write a fictionalized version of your life

what would it be called?

This has probably been done before, my apologies if that is the case.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...914#post442914

sorry dude.

but if he did that for me, it would be a flop. Even the SK name wouldn't sell that thing.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

well this is different than the other thread i think. the other one is about books he has already written.

this would be a new book. hmmmmmmmmm, imma have to think on this
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by IWasSentWest View Post
    well this is different than the other thread i think. the other one is about books he has already written.
    If everyone keeps this difference in mind and follows it, both threads will remain; if not, they will be merged.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

sir, yes sir!
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Why King?
    If I have a theory as to what a fictionalized version of my life by some other writer would be called, would that go in this thread?
    I'm sorry; just saying that this seems like a pretty complex concept for a thread.

Along the Path of the Beam TheCrisisKing is on a distinguished road TheCrisisKing's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Shadows in Glass. It makes sense if you know me

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Why King?
    If I have a theory as to what a fictionalized version of my life by some other writer would be called, would that go in this thread?
    I'm sorry; just saying that this seems like a pretty complex concept for a thread.
    I kind of agree. I don't think King would enjoy writing about my life. Its not scary. Danielle Steele on the other hand...

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mine has already been written, it is Lucky Jim by Kingsley Amis.

If this thread proceeds along these lines, it will have to be renamed and moved to another forum (nothing wrong about that, though).

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Mine would be a strange mixture of Bridget Jones,Narnia and Alchemist.

The title would be something like 'Lost Way Home', preferably by Neil Gaiman.

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Goldmember ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy has a reputation beyond repute ICry4Oy's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

"VAY GUP! VAY GUP!!!"

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Dark Tower
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice BillyxRansom is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IWasSentWest View Post
    If everyone keeps this difference in mind and follows it, both threads will remain; if not, they will be merged.

Right, so do that everyone because that's what I intended. In fact I looked at the other thread and said "hmm how can I switch this up!"

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine would be about an English school teacher (me) who realises that if she concentrates very hard she can make her favourite students write down the good answers in the tests.
    She has a favourite student, a very shy girl Lindi who has a very nice heart knows everything but always gets stressed when it comes to writing a test. She has only low grades. The teacher tries to help her all the time but it's way too late when she realises she has given much more to Lindi than she wanted... she didn't share her thoughts with her. She transported them. She transported many of her memories and feelings, too. The teacher can remember neither her favourite poems nor her mother's face. Lindi starts to get insane and think she is the teacher and the teacher stole her life. Horrible and bloody fight starts between them. And who is who?
    Neither of them is sure anymore. They together are one whole person and this must come to an end.

Roland would have understood.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

SK needs to get busy with that story.

...or maybe you should.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    SK needs to get busy with that story.

...or maybe you should.
    Not my cup of tea but thanks.

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

If Franz Kafka could be resurrected, I think he'd better be the one to put me into fiction.

Country
    Country Flag

If Franz Kafka could be resurrected, I think he'd better be the one to put me into fiction.
    Huh... I am crazy about Kafka but being in one of his books. I couldn't take it for long. Not as the main character.

Grubby Little Troglodyte Goblin is on a distinguished road Goblin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BillyxRansom View Post
    what would it be called?

"Cholesterol Damage."
    I'm Pink, Therefore I'm Spam.

Public enemy number 1 Sickrose is on a distinguished road Sickrose's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think mine would be about an office woker who is working Saturday overtime, alone - or at least so she thinks......... I always think empty offices are really spooky.

If I was in a horror novel i would be the person who all the shit is happening to and my stubborn other half wouldnt acknowledge the spooky goings on and just keep telling it's all in my mind or something.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    Huh... I am crazy about Kafka but being in one of his books. I couldn't take it for long. Not as the main character.
    Yeh, tell me about it.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Why fictionalize my life? Pretty dramatic as it is

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think he'd like to write about mine. It'd be a regular student's story with travelling added

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

No-one is merely regular.

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Citizen of Gilead stone, rose, unfound door is on a distinguished road stone, rose, unfound door's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Right but you get it. That'd be entitled "Student days" or something cheesy like this

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast