Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Book Collection: DavidK44

Along the Path of the Beam DavidK44 is on a distinguished road

Default Book Collection: DavidK44

I've got one large bookcase on our first floor, in the den/library. We had it custom-made to match the oak woodwork when we first bought the house eight years ago. This bookcase holds my favorite smaller collections.

The third floor attic area has two larger bookcases, and a bunch of piles of books. I'll add photos of them later.

Here's a picture of the full bookcase. It has seven shelves, with a division down the middle. The lower two shelves are deeper, with a ledge between the fifth and sixth shelf (counting downwards). The bottom three shelves are taller, also.

Left 1st shelf (top): Dan Simmons
    Left 2nd shelf: mostly Stephen King
    Left 3rd shelf: Stephen King
    Left 4th shelf: Joe Hill; Ray Bradbury
    Left 5th shelf: Caitlin R. Kiernan; Philip Jose Farmer
    Left 6th shelf: Will Eisner
    Left 7th shelf: Kitchen Sink Press comic strip books

Right 1st shelf (top): Ray Bradbury signed firsts
    Right 2nd shelf: Iain (M) Banks
    Right 3rd to 5th shelf: Joe R. Lansdale limiteds and HC firsts
    Right 6th shelf: Neil Gaiman
    Right 7th shelf: Neil Gaiman; George Herriman Krazy Kat compilations

Here's close-ups of the left side shelves:

Here's the right side in close-up:

The Bradbury set are all signed firsts or limiteds; I have other unsigned firsts upstairs.

I have a lot more Joe R. Lansdale books - these are the limiteds, signeds, and rare stuff.

I can post close-ups of individual books if people are interested. Just let me know which ones you'd like to see.

I still have to photograph the upstairs bookcases and book piles. I'll add them to this thread soon.

Thanks for looking!

Regards, DavidK

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

What a LOVELY collection!! my girlfriend and I have lots of books but many of them are paperbacks (except for the majority of the >300 Stephen King books we own, which are 1st/1sts and limited hardbacks). Once I complete my King wishlist I want to start getting some of our other favorite authors in hardback 1st/1st as well. It just looks so much better on the shelves!!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice DavidK44

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very, very nice, David!

John

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Great collection David.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, your missing a few Simmons S/L

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Very cool, David and welcome to the site.

I love the comic themed items, too...
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Love all the Bradbury and Gaiman!

Great bookcase too.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a very nice collection you've got there, David.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice artan is on a distinguished road artan's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very beautiful collection, congrats!!! Thanks for shring

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I like those shelves! I notice you have some Farmer books from Sub Press too. He's one of my top 2 favorite authors! Thanks for the great pictures.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a great selection of authors you collect, very impressive. Plus you have some very nice Limiteds, and a awesome Lansdale collection!

btw, what is the one slipcased Bradbury book between the Gauntlet October Country and Somewhere A Band is Playing? I'm guessing it's the lettered edition of A Dragon Who Ate It's Tale, but I've never seen it.

cool collection
    Geoff

Traveler tcore7 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Great looking shelves David (both the shelves themselves and the books on them).

Demon of the Prim Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads is just really nice Ben Eads's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the shelves!
    WANTED:

Dust jacket for The Shining SNL.

Dust jacket for 25th Anniversary edition of IT, signed, numbered, tray-cased copy.

Signed numbered limited edition of Josh Malerman's Goblin, published by Earthling Publications.

+ Reply to Thread