Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Which is the best movie character of all time? ONLY TWO ADVANCE!

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tyler Durden (Fight Club)

9 25.71%
  • Jack Skellington (Nightmare Before Christmas)

1 2.86%
  • Beetlejuice (Beetlejuice)

4 11.43%
  • Sarah Connor (Terminator 2)

6 17.14%
  • Jules Winnfield (Pulp Fiction)

3 8.57%
  • Juror #8 (Twelve Angry Men)

5 14.29%
  • Freddy Krueger (A Nightmare On Elm Street)

6 17.14%
  • Derek Vinyard (American History X)

1 2.86%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BMCOAT - Round 2, Group A

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

One, two, Freddy's coming for you....

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

We have a three way tie!

Blaine the Terror Train Mad Man is on a distinguished road Mad Man's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tyler Durden (Fight Club)

I am the one I am the one
    The godlike terror train
    The superior, artificial brain
    Feel free to call me Blaine!

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

freddy krueger? are you f'in serious
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

This poll is closing later today!

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Come on, women!

Fight for a strong female character! What are you, a bunch of pansies?
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw Fight Club. Liked Fight Club. Liked it a lot. But I have no idea what was so great about Tyler Durden. I really don't get it. Just sayin'.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

how does jack only have my vote?

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Derek only got mine

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    I know, I'm sorry. It makes me sad. I love Jack, but most of my favorites were in this round and I could only pick one.
    And sadly, I think most of them aren't even going to make it past this round.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

We have a two way tie for the second berth, and 45 mins. left until this closes!

/heartbeat sound

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Tyler Durden advances, and there'll be a tie breaker between Sarah Connor and Freddy Krueger

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

so, Juror # 8 didn't make it? I am really, really depressed. Losing to Sarah Connor and Freddy Krueger? It's pathetic.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

agreed jean. but i vote jules winfield! freddy krueger is hog wash
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cozener View Post
    I saw Fight Club. Liked Fight Club. Liked it a lot. But I have no idea what was so great about Tyler Durden. I really don't get it. Just sayin'.
    Wow, man... uh, well...
    Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned. -- Tyler
    Do ya?
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    I know, I'm sorry. It makes me sad. I love Jack, but most of my favorites were in this round and I could only pick one.
    And sadly, I think most of them aren't even going to make it past this round.
    Ditto, ditto, ditto. As I implied before, he was my second choice. This was a tough group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    so, Juror # 8 didn't make it? I am really, really depressed. Losing to Sarah Connor and Freddy Krueger? It's pathetic.
    Yar. Bummer. But, will you deign to vote in the tie-breaker?

Sarah Conner's actually a fairly worthwhile character, in my own opinion.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Sarah Connor is more than worthy for the BMCOAT crown.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    Yar. Bummer. But, will you deign to vote in the tie-breaker?

Sarah Conner's actually a fairly worthwhile character, in my own opinion.
    No, I don't think I will. I can't seriously vote for either Sarah or Freddy. I don't care what they influenced (this is an argument I've heard before - not from you - in favor of those one-cell cutouts) or how many people think they are characters - I know that they didn't do a fuck to touch my soul, and that's the only thing that matters.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I will. Most definitely.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I feel much the same about Tyler Durden. I just didn't think much of Fight Club, though I know plenty who see it as the pinnacle of filmdom. But I didn't vote for him, so I'm cool.

I'm sorry to hear that you don't care for the Sarah Connor character. I thought her portrayal in The Terminator was very well done, and the character became an icon in the second film. I'll grant that this is just an opinion. All I'm saying is that I'm sad to hear you don't share this opinion.

Off topic Jean, I saw that Dersu Uzala is now available on dvd. Just FYI.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

...they didn't do a fuck to touch my soul, and that's the only thing that matters.
    Indeed it is.
    I respect that. I just don't agree. I certainly don't think that the any of the "Terminator" films are the greatest, but there's enough story there to touch my soul, a little.

She represents survival against adversity and ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Sarah Connor is more than worthy for the BMCOAT crown.
    I'm not sure what that means. I don't think that she's really more worthy than Juror #8, or even Jack Skellington.

I'd rather vote for Nancy Thompson.

An' yet, anyroa', ya do what ya have to.

Country
    Country Flag

...they didn't do a fuck to touch my soul, and that's the only thing that matters.
    Indeed it is.
    I respect that. I just don't agree. I certainly don't think that the any of the "Terminator" films are the greatest, but there's enough story there to touch my soul, a little.
    A little - yes, a little most everyone does touch a bear's soul; but we're still talking about movie characters, and I love movies too much to vote for "a little". Terminator (I'm talking about Part 2 only, because Part 1 didn't impress me at all and Part 3 is, sincerely, beyond any possibility of analysis) is a wholesome entertainment, with enough morals to last a teenager for at least a week, which is - without any sarcasm implied - very, very good; but I would vote for any of its characters no more than I would for a merry-go-round horse, although merry-go-round is a wonderfully wholesome kind of entertainment, too.

She represents survival against adversity and ignorance.
    Who doesn't? I mean, a character isn't what he represents. It's who he is. There's not enough being for me in her, or 90% other characters I see nominated and voted for.

Sam: I will watch Dersu Uzala either this weekend, or next week! I am so excited!

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cozener View Post
    Wow, man... uh, well...
    Warning: If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all that claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think every thing you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told to want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned. -- Tyler
    Do ya?
    Sorry...doesn't convince me. Incidentally, this poll, unlike the others, was actually quite an easy one for me.

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I guess I've said all that I can, guys. ...

... Anarchy!!!

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Default ...

And now for something completely different.
    Sorry to go off-topic, when this vote is finally settled anyway, but I've been thinking about it, and, while I still do agree that nothing else matters about a character if he doesn't touch people in a real way, I don't think that I can really buy this part --
    ...a character isn't what he represents. It's who he is. There's not enough being for me in her...
    Don't know if we really need to argue, (of course, it's all been done before) but, for my part, knowing characters as characters is really indispensable.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2