Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Three Years Ago Today.... *end of series spoilers*

Along the Path of the Beam Valkyrie is on a distinguished road Valkyrie's Avatar

Note End of Series Spoilers below!!

How did you get your book?

I started reading the series when my husband picked up a copy of The Gunslinger at a book store downtown several months ago. He thought he was getting a Western. Knowing I enjoy fantasy/sci fi, he recommended that I read it. I wasn't all that interested at first, but to appease him, I picked The Gunslinger up one day while he was somewhere in the middle of The Drawing of the Three. I can't say I was hooked after book 1, but I was completely hooked soon into book 2. I sped past him and finished the series about 3 months ago. I ordered all of them from Amazon.com, and I can't tell you how relieved I was that I didn't have to wait years inbetween books. The endings of these books had to be brutal without the next book sitting on the shelf waiting. So I was lucky in that regard.

How long did it take you to read it?

The 7th book took me about a week to read. It wasn't as fast to read as the two preceeding books, but I was SO ready to be done at that point. I devoted every minute I could spare to it.

What was your first emotion after reading?

Shock. I was in shock for a full hour. Then I felt almost sick to my stomach thinking about Roland going back and doing this all over again. Then I started thinking about it and analyzing it. I was irritated with my husband because he was 2 books behind and I wanted to TALK to him about this stuff! So I got online and found this and another forum for an outlet. And can you believe my dork husband is right at the part where Eddie had died and Roland and Jake head back to save SK, and he has stalled there for two weeks!? I'm trying not to nag but if he doesn't finish soon I'm going to go nuts! How can I get this man to finish so I can talk to him about the ending?!

Now, three years later, what do you have to say about it?

Well it hasn't been three years for me, but after a few months I have grown satisfied with the ending. Of course I am also one who believes that Roland is only going to have to do this one more time. So that helps.
    Last edited by Valkyrie; 09-27-2007 at 10:20 AM. Reason: add spoiler warning

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    I can't tell you how relieved I was that I didn't have to wait years inbetween books. The endings of these books had to be brutal without the next book sitting on the shelf waiting. So I was lucky in that regard.
    I can't tell you how envious I am of you... I've waited between the books since Drawing of the Three came out in the stores.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I started up right as Wastelands was released in trade. The wait for the last four sucked big time.

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I joined with WaG - the wait for WotC was bad enough for me.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I was on like Matthew, horrific six year wait between DoTT and Waste Lands.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I had the wait between Waste Lands and WaG

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I was in almost from day one. That was painful, man.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Ouch, that does hurt

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Im the same Valkyrie, i didnt have to wait between each book either as I intially started the 2nd in the last few years, a little spoilt i think
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2