Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New King poem 'The Bone Church'-Playboy November 2009

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch View Post
    It's worth noting that subscribers will get a magazine with a more typical cover and retail outlets will have the Marge Simpson cover.
    If that is the case, please post an image of the 'more typical cover'.

Along the Path of the Beam Gris will become famous soon enough Gris's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've been searching this on google and yahoo and haven't run across a single instance of mentioning another cover.

eBay is nutz. People are trying to sell this for $50 and it's not even out yet. it's not limited or anything, is it?

I guess a combination a Marge Simpson naked, Stephen King, and Benicio Del Toro all in one issue is too much for the supply.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher
    Red Leather Everything's Eventual

Shoot me a PM if you have any of the above!

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...
    http://db.tt/Msd4eKO

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    I guess a combination a Marge Simpson naked, Stephen King, and Benicio Del Toro all in one issue is too much for the supply.
    Could be the biggest selling issue yet!

Gunslinger Apprentice ewald is on a distinguished road ewald's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I wonder how the Dutch Playboy will look like. I'll probably have to search for the USA version: This one is a magic mix

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hate poetry - even King's...

sk

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    I hate poetry - even King's...

sk
    I seem to be lacking some essential neurochemicals that allow the brain to comprehend and appreciate poetry. My brain just goes numb when I start to read poetry. I don't know why that is but I just don't get poetry.

I think the last poem I truly understood and appreciated was "Casey At The Bat." (Oh.....and occasional limericks.)

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The best I can come up with as a response for any poetry i've ever read is "vaguely interesting", but really I struggle to be interested in anything that is a only a few paragraphs long, I tend to think, yeah fancy words for a few lines, are they really supposed to be deep or meaningful?.

I don't doubt that anyone on here would rather read a King short story or novel than a poem. I hope he doesn't plan or doing anymore!.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the british contest is only for UK residents... :-(
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Why the hell is this magazine consistently selling for over $30 on eBay? Is there something about it that I won't be able to go to gas station down the road and buy it?
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher

My Collection

If you are considering a DropBox account, please also consider using me as a reference...

妖怪 ola is on a distinguished road ola's Avatar

I may not be able to buy it out of self-consciousness. Not even while buying it...more like, explaining to my boyfriend why I have an issue of Playboy. "It's for a poem!"

As for the $30 thing, maybe people are selling issues early for a higher price? (As in paying extra to get it pre-release)

Gunslinger Apprentice Hutch will become famous soon enough Hutch's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You've been looking in the wrong places. Here are two examples that mention the newsstand vs subscriber covers.

"The magazine also hopes to turn the November issue into a collectors' item by featuring Marge, sitting on a chair in the shape of the iconic Playboy bunny, on the cover of only the magazines sold in newsstands. Subscribers get a more traditional model on the cover."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091009/..._marge_simpson

AND

" three-page spread, though "obviously somewhat tongue-in-cheek," also promises to be a tasteful delivery of the mother of three, said Scott Flanders, Playboy's new CEO. Flanders further tells the Chicago Sun-Times that the issue, hitting newsstands only, is also designed to attract a younger demographic to the magazine. Meanwhile, subscribers can expect to see a celebrity in the actual flesh next month. "

http://www.pastemagazine.com/article...nov-issue.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gris View Post
    I've been searching this on google and yahoo and haven't run across a single instance of mentioning another cover.

eBay is nutz. People are trying to sell this for $50 and it's not even out yet. it's not limited or anything, is it?

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

How's that for a diddily iddaly coincidence.
    Playboy's new CEO is called Flanders.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Apparently the poem is accompanied by a Phil Hale illustration.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I remember Karen mentionning that JK Potter was auctionning pictures that got used with that poem?
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Nope. The illustrations from the magazine are from Phil Hale. She auctioned his, not JK Potter
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Yup, well, I helped Phil sell them. $750 a pop and they all sold! They were of different skulls...so I can't wait to read the poem to find out what it's all about!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Country
    Country Flag

Finally found a decent eBay auction. After driving to 13 gas stations, a B&N, and a Borders this morning, I decided I would not find it locally. Gas stations use the be the old staple for finding a naughty playboy when I was a kid. Guess they just don't carry them around here anymore.

anyways, while browsing eBay this morning, I found a buy-it-now for $20 & free shipping that included BOTH versions.

I still can't believe that the marge cover version is topping $30 in auctions.

Must suck being Adriana Puscau. Getting show up by a cartoon mom of 3.
    -Craig

Wanted!!
    Bachman Books HC 1st/1st
    Red Leather Dreamcatcher

My Collection

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Craig, that's cool. I am hoping the local store where I get mine will have a copy left when I have money again. LOL Food shopping and rent be damned! I need to buy smut!!! I mean, a Steve poem!!
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Not An Addict lophophoras is on a distinguished road lophophoras's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Books-A-Million has a ton of copies. I bought three.

Life is a garden...dig it!

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here is a link to the poem, which now on-line.

http://www.playboy.com/articles/step...rch/index.html

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have to agree with Bob. I read poetry (certainly that one) and my head hurts.
    So buy me a drink.......

Country
    Country Flag

Books-A-Million had both variants.

I thought the Puscau version was only available to subscribers?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Can someone with mod powers here fix the thread title please?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Maybe merge it with the other thread out there too?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast