Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Posting pictures, links etc.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Why not use your already created albums?
    I di. However, the pics are 10 years old. The test pics still aren't showing up that's the real issue
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Likely pics are too large in either pixels, file size or both.
    When you exceed the limitations, the upload seems fine, but then there is "nothing there".

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Likely pics are too large in either pixels, file size or both.
    When you exceed the limitations, the upload seems fine, but then there is "nothing there".
    Ahhhh. Maybe, when you have some free time, you could help me out and talk me through the process. I can absolutely just use the existing albums. I'm just at the testing stage right now and won't be posting a crap load of pics right away, but maybe a few just to get some newer material up there. Lotta books in 10 years!!!! lol lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

Do I need to request to have a folder created on the gallery for my pics?

Also, can I transfer them easily into there from my iPhone, where I will have the pics stored or do I need to use a computer?

Sorry, I’m technologically challenged and can use all the help I can get!!

I have a few more new purchases in the way and then I’d like to update my collection page with more and better pics.

Citizen of Gilead ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light ajw2910 is a glorious beacon of light

Country
    Country Flag

And where do I find that gallery? Not sure where to load pics to that can then be loaded into my collection thread.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ajw2910 View Post

Also, can I transfer them easily into there from my iPhone, where I will have the pics stored or do I need to use a computer?

I have a few more new purchases in the way and then I’d like to update my collection page with more and better pics.
    And where do I find that gallery? Not sure where to load pics to that can then be loaded into my collection thread.
    According to folks that are more "Tech" oriented the absolute best place for hosting your photo's is right here in the "Member Gallery". If you look around there are a couple "How to" threads like this one and several members of the Staff who are always willing to help (namely, Randall Flagg, George at C-Springs, Mae, etc) you figure out how to do it.

However, I like you, am not very "Tech" oriented and while I tried using the gallery here, I still found it easier to post utilizing a 3rd party hosting site like, Photobucket or Bubolup. One main thing to be concerned with is the overall image size. The site has reasonable size requirements for any image so, you're gonna want to "re-size" your images to about 20-30% of the original (its not as bad as it sounds). You can do this by simply right clicking on the image prior to uploading and scaling it back to 20-30% (30% always works for me), saving it as a different file and then copying the image address into the box created when you click on the icon that looks like a picture frame when you're posting.

Best of luck to you it's really not that difficult once you get the hang of it.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

How to: Add links, pics & videos

This thread is current and accurate. We will be adding detailed instructions on how to create and upload to your own gallery here on the site. There are size (pixels and file) limits, but they are reasonable and not terribly challenging unless you try to upload 4MB or 4000x2500 images.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

The site will automatically create a gallery file under your username when you upload photos. As long as you are able to navigate to the picture you wish to upload, you shouldn't have any problems with your phone.

There are two ways to post photos. Either upload the photo to a web site that hosts photos and link to the photo with the icon, or you can upload to the site server in the Gallery.

To upload to the site server: Click Gallery. From the upper right of the menu on top of the new page click Upload Photos. Click the Browse button. Navigate to the photo on your device and select it. Repeat for each photo. Click Open. Wait for the photo[s] to upload. When it's complete you will be taken back to your gallery.

You have three picture posting options. You can post the thumbnail, the medium sized image below the thumbnail, or you can click on the medium sized image and another window will open with a full sized image. Right click the image you want. Select Copy Image Location, then click the button in the thread you want and paste the image location in the box. Click OK.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Country
    Country Flag

I loaded a photo into the embers gallery, but I don’t see an option to Copy Image Selection. I can’t right click on anything using my phone (that I am aware of). I somehow copied the image into my collection thread but it is barely big enough to see.
    I uploaded photos once before using photobucket so maybe I should just try to figure out that process instead.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

I loaded a photo into the embers gallery, but I don’t see an option to Copy Image Selection. I can’t right click on anything using my phone (that I am aware of). I somehow copied the image into my collection thread but it is barely big enough to see.
    I uploaded photos once before using photobucket so maybe I should just try to figure out that process instead.
    It sounds like you copied the "thumbprint" version of the picture. I don't use my phone to post pics, so I might not be much help. I do know that others use the Tapatalk app. That could be a solution. Perhaps stroppy will comment.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6