Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen King Audiobooks/Ebooks - All Formats

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Dolan View Post

Anyway - to get to the point of this long post, I noticed on the S&S website that they are coming out with 3 new King audiobooks:

The End of the Whole Mess (and other stories) By Stephen King
    Read by Tim Curry, Stephen King, Matthew Broderick and Eve Beglarian

Sorry, Right Number (and Other Stories) By Stephen King
    Read by: Joe Morton, Stephen King, Joe Mantegna, Full Cast and Domenic Custern

and

It Grows on You (and Other Stories) By Stephen King
    Read by: Stephen King, Frank Muller, Gary Sinese and Grace Slick

Anyone else interested in getting these? Not really a collectible, per say... but I'd personally love to hear a real recording of Sorry, Right Number!
    These might be delayed, they were supposed to come out 10/29 but my amazon cart says they will ship in 1 to 2 months, and that's usually a bad sign...S&S is not good.
    Last edited by mikeC; 09-23-2009 at 06:47 AM. Reason: spelling

Demon of the Prim mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about mikeC has a spectacular aura about

Also, I had 10 of my SK audio books stolen out of my car (they left the money and golf clubs) but they took the most expensive ones salems lot, bag of bones, talisman, the shining...so if you see some on the cheap please let me know, thanks!

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Everybody there is an unabridged release of Desperation that came out in 1997 (or at least thats when the copyright is from), it's 20hr 54min and is read by King. Done by Recorded Books Inc, maybe the one's done by Recorded Books don't get picked up by Audible.

I think it's just the Kathy Bates (8hr 25m) one that abridged.

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikeC View Post

Anyway - to get to the point of this long post, I noticed on the S&S website that they are coming out with 3 new King audiobooks:

The End of the Whole Mess (and other stories) By Stephen King
    Read by Tim Curry, Stephen King, Matthew Broderick and Eve Beglarian

Sorry, Right Number (and Other Stories) By Stephen King
    Read by: Joe Morton, Stephen King, Joe Mantegna, Full Cast and Domenic Custern

and

It Grows on You (and Other Stories) By Stephen King
    Read by: Stephen King, Frank Muller, Gary Sinese and Grace Slick

Anyone else interested in getting these? Not really a collectible, per say... but I'd personally love to hear a real recording of Sorry, Right Number!
    These might be delayed, they were supposed to come out 10/29 but my amazon cart says they will ship in 1 to 2 months, and that's usually a bad sign...S&S is not good.
    Mike - I figured out that S&S is just re-marketing the Nightmares & Dreamscapes audiobook. There is nothing different about these audiobooks other than the title. For instance, "The End of the Whole Mess (and other stories) By Stephen King" is only Nightmares & Dreamscapes, Part 2 with a new title...

So if you want to download it now, just buy the N&D which is available now, but quite pricey if you ask me...

Thanks Dolan, yea, i know that's it just re-branding for cd that's what's so frustrating, because they spent zero time to fix up the audio, it's the same with all the other ones they released over the year (misery, gerald's...)

Number42 Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan has much to be proud of Dolan's Avatar

Here is a download to that Michael Crichton audiobook i was telling you about, Airframe. A good thriller!

Part 1
    Part 2

(you will need WinRAR to extract the files... if you need, you can download that here.

Cool, thanks dude. Aren't his books abridged though?
    I was going to buy dan simmons last book but his are abridged too, i think they will be releasing nu-abridged of DS books soon.
    Did they release who's reading Dome yet?

Default hommina hommina

amazon has pre-orders for alot of new audiobooks, some of which I don't think exsist in any form (It, danse macrabe and the bachman books)!@

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Under the Dome will be read by Raul Esparza. 30 CD's! $75.
    Link

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Link
    Audible will probably have it in 2 or 3 volumes. Meaning if you are a member, you would have to use 2-3 credits (usually books are just one credit).

This is one of those books that I would rather read from the page...

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Link
    Audible will probably have it in 2 or 3 volumes. Meaning if you are a member, you would have to use 2-3 credits (usually books are just one credit).

This is one of those books that I would rather read from the page...
    Kenny, I've never used more than one credit for a single book at audible.com - no matter how long, or how many pieces the audio is broken into. Why do you think this audiobook would be any different?

Take Nightmares and Dreamscapes... they split it into three volumes and charged members three credits.

For me, one credit costs $11. If they did that for N&D, why not this new book? And if they don't - all the better for us!

Gunslinger Apprentice Cloysterpete is on a distinguished road Cloysterpete's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Take Nightmares and Dreamscapes... they split it into three volumes and charged members three credits.

For me, one credit costs $11. If they did that for N&D, why not this new book? And if they don't - all the better for us!
    But it wasn't audible who split it was it?. It was split by the publisher, they treated it as three separate releases with different release dates.

It's easy to do that with short stories but who would do something daft like that with a novel?, especially a large book like Dome.

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post

But it wasn't audible who split it was it?. It was split by the publisher, they treated it as three separate releases with different release dates.

It's easy to do that with short stories but who would do something daft like that with a novel?, especially a large book like Dome.
    Yep, it's split into three different packaged cd's too. It's not just audible.
    Geoff

Quote Originally Posted by Cloysterpete View Post

My experence is that with books that large, it is usually split... but I don't know that for sure. I assumed that it might be the case.

Let's hope it's not!

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Good points about N&D, but hopefully this complete novel will not be split up. My bet is that UTD won't be.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Even better!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Link in middle of page has an excerpt from the actual audio book.
    http://books.simonandschuster.com/Un.../9781439148501

Default Uh oh

Thanks for posting this.
    Raul Esparza sounds like Mathew Brodrick a little. He sounds familiar though I can't find if he did any other sk books. He sounds ok, although i would have liked them to use someone familiar for a 1000 page plus book that costs 45+ dollars. I hope you can't hear his spittle in his mouth like you can in the excerpt the whole time.
    I'm not a big fan of men changing their voices to sound like women in audio books. Actually this guy doing it, is pretty terrible.
    Oh well.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Info on Raul Esparza from the Internet Movie Database

Default amazon listings of future editions

I hope steve reads some of these:

Danse Macabre by Stephen King and William Dufris
    (Jan 26, 2010)
    Publisher: Brilliance Audio on CD Unabridged Lib Ed; Library edition

UR by Stephen King and TBA
    (Feb 16, 2010) S&S

Penguin Audio:
    The Running Man Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
    (April 1, 2010)
    Roadwork Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
    (April 1, 2010)
    The Long Walk Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
    (April 1, 2010)
    Firestarter Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
    (April 1, 2010)
    Cujo Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
    (April 1, 2010)
    The Tommyknockers Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
    (May 13, 2010)
    It Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
    (May 13, 2010)
    The Eyes of the Dragon Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
    (May 13, 2010)
    The Dark Half Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
    (May 13, 2010)
    Christine Unabridged CD's by Stephen King
    (May 13, 2010)

Country
    Country Flag

Nice list dude!

Thanks dude! i like making lists.
    Have you heard this Danse Macrabe, it might already exsist.
    Also, i remember hearing One for the Road but I can't find it, i think traded you something for it. Or is that just in my mind...
    It wasn't a british play version though.
    Last edited by mikeC; 11-24-2009 at 01:56 PM. Reason: forgot something

Country
    Country Flag

I only just got the audio for Danse not long ago, I hadn't even got round to checking it until just now, it's a low quality cassette conversion narrated by Merwin Smith. Runs to about 22hr but it's such low quality it would be hard to listen to for that long. I guess the CD release must be a nice new edition if it's narrated by William Dufris!.

As for One For The Road I have a decent quality mp3 of that one, 40min long and read by Colin Fox.

The guy that reads Under the Dome is horrendous! I'm not sure i can listen to it all. he reads maine cops like they are from the south, all woman like they are southern bells, all townsfolk like they are from a one act play in high school.
    Boo, i say, boo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast