Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: King's worst novel?

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked that one and Gerald's Game. Also Rose Madder

<--is glad we are all different, it keeps it interesting.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

West Coast sarah is on a distinguished road sarah's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

It's funny that Cujo is coming up as SK has said he was so wasted when writing that book that he doesn't even remember doing it. LOL and still, i thought is was pretty good.

Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa
    Lalalalaaaa, lalalalaaa

sugarpop <3

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I know its true about wasted writing, some of the stuff I've written while gone has turned up pretty good, others had to be destroyed before they could spawn

The White! MonteGss is on a distinguished road MonteGss's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

**wishes there was a puke smiley**

Cujo = :puke:

I'm glad we're all different too Matt. It is interesting what tickles our spines and what doesn't.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked Cujo. And Gerald's Game. And Rose Madder. And I loved The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, and I positively adore From A Buick 8. (just picked all those which are always nominated at the similar thread at .net)

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Buick 8 kicks all

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I vote Cell and Eyes of The Dragon.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I really liked the Eyes of the Dragon.
    In that book King proved me that he can write about anything to anybody. I enjoyed it a lot. A deep one.
    I would like you who don't like it to let me know the reasons. (That's why we are here, aren't we?)

Roland would have understood.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I loved Eyes as well Letti. I thought it was a perfect story and I have my kids cut their "reading teeth" on it as a beginning exposure to SK.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

From A Buick 8 was one I really struggled with...infact I skipped a large portion of it, something that I usually consider tantamount to blasphemy However, I read it before I got into DT so perhaps I'd appreciate it more if I reread it?

I can't say I ever find SK to be badly written, but I didn't enjoy reading Desperation and Pet Sematary, for subject matter rather than quality of writing.

Country
    Country Flag

That's cool Darkthoughts...
    You can dislike a novel for whatever reason you want!

I dislike Insomnia because it was terribly slow going and there was hardly any action at all til the last 100 pages. Boring in my opinion. Then again, I read that Jean says the absolute opposite of me. I believe he doesn't like the last 100 pages! To each his own, right?

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I didn't enjoy reading Desperation
    (cries)

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Black House
    Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Country
    Country Flag

But it's a DT connector!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

So is Insomnia.

Country
    Country Flag

Well, barely.
    Damn your logic, throwing my arguments back at me.

Soldier Boy Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta is a jewel in the rough Odetta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MonteGss View Post

But it's a DT connector!
    aannnnndddd....?

Buddy, you think you look strong? You’re wearing a cape.

Country
    Country Flag

Why didn't you like it Odetta? I'm curious, did you like The Talisman?

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Never really read a bad King book, just didn't agree with some of the endings

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I dislike Insomnia because it was terribly slow going and there was hardly any action at all til the last 100 pages. Boring in my opinion. Then again, I read that Jean says the absolute opposite of me. I believe he doesn't like the last 100 pages! To each his own, right?
    Precisely. I've noticed lately that what bores me most in books is action. Who chased whom, and who hit what, and who flew through the wall and what ignited. That's why the last 10 to 20% (approximately) of almost any King book is for me a necessary evil, something I have to suffer to counterbalance my enjoyment of the first 80% when people mostly talked and backstories were given and the psychology developed and the tension built up.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't entirely share the anti-action sentiment...but I too loved Insomnia for all the reasons you gave above Jean.

Country
    Country Flag

So......
    which do you dislike then Lisa?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Without fail I've loved every King story for different reasons. I can't think of a worst.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So......
    which do you dislike then Lisa?
    From A Buick 8 was the only one I couldn't read all the way through, but I'd like a reread before committing it to the dislike pile

Country
    Country Flag

Wow Brice. Cheers!
    Nobody is that good in my opinion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast