Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56
Results 1,376 to 1,379 of 1379

Thread: King's worst novel?

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

yeah Fairy Tale was a struggle for awhile to get through but that was an extremely slow burn i think King got carried away on how slow the pace of that book was. the book didn't get better for me until he was captured but him being in that dungeon was too long i think. Finders Keepers i struggled with it for awhile and i forced myself to finish it and i ended up really enjoying it, but i have not picked up or started Holly Yet because i have not read The Outsider or finished it yet i started it a couple years back and i just never finished it i'll have to start it over i suppose. anyways i have not read "if it Bleeds' either i want to read them in order i'll get to them eventually i suppose i will say i'm reading End of watch at the moment i hope maybe to finish it tonight i'm only on page #265 at the moment but it is a fast read i gotta admit i've read 4 of his books counting that one in a row i've never done that before in my life normally i just read one of his books and move on to the next author. so it's quite nice to knock out 4 of his books off my list. those books are Fairy Tale, Doctor Sleep, Finders Keepers and End of Watch

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked it when it was about the kid's relationship with his neighbor and the dog but once the fairy tale stuff actually started it felt kind of by the numbers.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I'm ashamed to say it, but there are a few King books I put down before being able to finish. Tommyknockers and From a Buick 8 were struggles for me. I recently tried to read Fairy Tale and ended up giving up. I won't say I wouldn't try it again one day, but I gave up this round.

Gunslinger Apprentice ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41 has a spectacular aura about ratchet41's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tommyknockers i love but i'll be the 1st to admit that it starts off strong than when it's switched to Gard and his drinking & his trek back to Bobby's that's quite Boring i get that but once he gets to Bobby's it picks up more. From a Buick 8 i read a few years ago with such a low bar and expecting to hate it and for some reason it really caught me off guard how much i loved it maybe it was because it was so different than his normal stuff? i dunno but i quite enjoyed that one but i can see why some may hate it. i can see why you gave up on Fairy Tale after the neighbor died it was a struggle i'm not gonna lie. one thing i did love though was i dunno how far you got in the book but there's a part where he Neighbor left a message on a cassette i believe? and on the audio book it's read by King himself & the way it's done on that is just like it would sound had it been on a Cassette back in the day it's really creative i think

+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56