Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: How would you like to see it done?

Voters
191. You may not vote on this poll
  • Seven Movies

98 51.31%
  • Seven Cartoons

4 2.09%
  • Seven Computer Animated Movies

13 6.81%
  • A Miniseries

34 17.80%
  • Nothing, they could never do it right!

42 21.99%
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: How would you like to see it done? The Official DT Movie Thread

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The more i think about it, the more a cartoon-style series (anime or not) would work really well. And as its fake and artificial anyway, there's no real harm done to the images we have in our heads, plus they would have more screentime flexibility.
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah, good point

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I would have voted not to do it if it weren't for the Lord of the Rings films showing how wonderful it can be when a project is done right.
    Amen.

Also, if the movies are made and are not as good as we all hope they would be, it doesn't make the books any less grandiose than what they are.

And thaaaaaat's the bottom line, cuz Stone Cold said so!

Country
    Country Flag

Just saw the new movie trailer for "Cloverfield", JJ Abrams newest project, about some sort of invasion

looks kinda creepy

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZoNeSeeK View Post
    Just saw the new movie trailer for "Cloverfield", JJ Abrams newest project, about some sort of invasion

looks kinda creepy
    There's some theory that http://www.ethanhaaswasright.com is a viraal marketing campaign for that movie, though Abrams denies it. http://slusho.jp
    is most likely connected as well. There's a lot of pages dedicated to theory on figuring out what it is. Some folks think it is a Cthulhu movie.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I didn't realize the youtube teaser trailer with Clint Eastwood wasn't real. I was all excited!

The Tardis (Time And Relative Dimension(s) In Space) duh!

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OchrisO View Post
    Some folks think it is a Cthulhu movie.
    You better not even be kidding about that. I'm a big-time Cthulhu Mythos/Howard Phillips Lovecraft fan and that would be awesome.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Gunslinger Apprentice Harrald is on a distinguished road Harrald's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't you mean "He who must be named"?

I have yet to see a good film/video version of an Ancient ones story. As a younger man I was a friend of the the son of one of the translators (cough..cough) of the Necronomricon.

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    \
    You better not even be kidding about that. I'm a big-time Cthulhu Mythos/Howard Phillips Lovecraft fan and that would be awesome.

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

The only movie that is a worthy "almost" adaption is In The Mouth of Madness..inspired by Lovecraft. One of my favorite horror movies.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Gunslinger Apprentice Harrald is on a distinguished road Harrald's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't think I've ever heard of it let alone seen it. Looking at the director though, Carpenter is one of the few people that should be able to pull it off. Now I guess I need to check blockbuster and see if I can find it.

Thanks for the heads up.

The only movie that is a worthy "almost" adaption is In The Mouth of Madness..inspired by Lovecraft. One of my favorite horror movies.

the new Mr. Amy Pond! Mordred Deschain is on a distinguished road Mordred Deschain's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Hey CK,

my tattoo, the symbols are from the great book

There was a movie, I think it was a 80's movie, but I can't remember the name of it, but in was about Lovecraft, er, one of the stories.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a dope ass tattoo

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    Hey CK,

There was a movie, I think it was a 80's movie, but I can't remember the name of it, but in was about Lovecraft, er, one of the stories.
    Ohhhhh nice! Go rent In The Mouth of Madness if you're a Lovecraft fan..fucking awesome movie.

John F. Kennedy flair is on a distinguished road

Seven movies. The last time I read the series I kept thinking of it as a movie in my head. I could easily think of things they need to focus on, things they could get away with cutting out, and all that good stuff.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by flair View Post
    Seven movies. The last time I read the series I kept thinking of it as a movie in my head. I could easily think of things they need to focus on, things they could get away with cutting out, and all that good stuff.
    So we agree.

Roland would have understood.

My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred Deschain View Post
    Hey CK,

Ohhhhh nice! Go rent In The Mouth of Madness if you're a Lovecraft fan..fucking awesome movie.
    Saw it, thought it was good, but I keep thinking like other movies, someone can do a better job.

Country
    Country Flag

Is that the one with Sam Neil?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, it is.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

The idea of having some awesome Dark Tower movie is so exciting. But then I think about how easy it would be to mess it up. There could be one bad actor, one scene cut out that would ruin the whole thing. Oh! I'm so torn.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think it COULD be awesome as a series of movies but I do not see them making seven. I know you would have to cut a lot but I think four might be best. Maybe you could combine 1 & 2, 3 & 4, and 5 & 6 and leave 7 alone. Of course, since 3 & 4 are so long, the time in Mejis would probably be a much smaller flashback.

Everyone should send Peter Jackson copies of the Dark Tower books and hope he reads and likes them. Just kidding, but I do think it will take someone who loves the books like Jackson loved LOTR to make the movies great. Maybe Abrams is that person. Maybe.

BTW, I have titles for three of the four movies:

The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Draws Three
    The Dark Tower: The Waste Lands, the Wizard, and the Glass
    The Dark Tower: ? (this one is harder, maybe just The Song of Susannah since her story is very key in WOTC anyway)
    The Dark Tower

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    I think it COULD be awesome as a series of movies but maybe not seven. I know you would have to cut a lot but I think four might be best. Maybe you could combine 1 & 2, 3 & 4, and 5 & 6 and leave 7 alone. Of course, since 3 & 4 are so long, the time in Mejis would probably be a much smaller flashback.

Everyone should send Peter Jackson copies of the Dark Tower books and hope he reads and likes them. Just kidding, but I do think it will take someone who loves the books like Jackson loved LOTR to make the movies great. Maybe Abrams is that person. Maybe.

BTW, I have titles for three of the four movies:

The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger Draws Three
    The Dark Tower: The Waste Lands, the Wizard, and the Glass
    The Dark Tower: ? (this one is harder, maybe just The Song of Susannah since her story is very key in WOTC anyway)
    The Dark Tower
    Paul W.S. Anderson, the only man for the job.

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    The idea of having some awesome Dark Tower movie is so exciting. But then I think about how easy it would be to mess it up. There could be one bad actor, one scene cut out that would ruin the whole thing. Oh! I'm so torn.
    Yes, these things bug me too.
    Some or only one bad choice could ruin the whole movie for me.
    (Am I too sensitive?)

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    (Am I too sensitive?)
    Well you could choose not to let it ruin the whole movie for you.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    (Am I too sensitive?)
    Well you could choose not to let it ruin the whole movie for you.
    How so?
    To close my eyes while I am watching it?

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

and your ears

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast