Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Fallout 3

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I had the big giant Super Mutant follower...but you had to have extremely good karma to get him...same with the girl in the citidel...liked the first one though cuz he could carry more stuff.

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post

Moira has never sold bobbypins as far as I know, and I couldn't find a caravan person who sold them either. I usually just save right before I lockpick so if I break a bobbypin I just reload the game and do it again perfectly so I don't waste them. Kind of a cheap trick, but oh well.
    This is great advice. Thanks Hannah.

Well guys, I love the game but its making my head hurt real bad. The green text and the frame rate are making my eyes strain. I have a 32 inch television but its only SD. I wonder how significant of a change it would be on HD. I'm also curious if the game of the year version will be any slicker on the PS 3. I'm thinking about trading this copy back in for something else and returning to the game in October along with Uncharted 2.

Its such a great game but the PS 3 version really feels rushed to me in almost every respect. I know its much more difficult to port to the PS 3 but other companies seem to do it a lot better in comparison to Bethesda- Infinity Ward (Call of Duty), Bioshock, etc...

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

well you can change the text color from the setting menu. I always go with blue ^_^

anyone else try out the Experimental MIRV? That gun is epic

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    I had the big giant Super Mutant follower...but you had to have extremely good karma to get him...
    Fawkes is the shit! If you give him the gatling laser he's basically indestructible ... which can also be a downside since he makes the game too easy at times, even on hard mode. Still great to have him around though.

Quote Originally Posted by obscurejude View Post
    I have a 32 inch television but its only SD. I wonder how significant of a change it would be on HD...
    It makes a world of difference! My bad dude, I should have told you about how drastically different the game can look depending on which kind of tv you have, I'm so used to playing it on HD that it never crossed my mind ... I have failed you Anakin, I have failed you ... Anyway, I hope you stick with it, maybe if you try Razz's advice and change the color of the text? Or possible changing the settings of your television?

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    anyone else try out the Experimental MIRV? That gun is epic
    Is that the 8-mini nuke launcher? I've seen it in action over at IGN, looks brutal

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

I'm really regretting uninstalling FO3 not <.<

[quote=feverishparade;428685]
    Quote Originally Posted by mystima View Post
    Is that the 8-mini nuke launcher? I've seen it in action over at IGN, looks brutal
    you should get it and try it out then. You just need the Keller Family Transcripts

From Fallout Wiki:
    Tape 1- North of the VAPL-58 Power Station at the base of the third hydro electric tower. Tape 2- Under the podium at the Hallowed Moors Cemetery.
    Tape 3- Behind the Grisly Diner, on a shelf.
    Tape 4- In the Sniper Shack west of Rockbreaker's Last Gas.
    Tape 5- across the Potomac from Anchorage Memorial in tent with a Super Mutant of some sort.

Then just head out to the National Guard Depot

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the advice Razz.

Feev, you have not failed me because the game is easily returnable my friend. I hope to get an HD T.V. in the near future and look forward to replaying Ratchet and Clank and now Fallout 3. And who knows, maybe the next Fallout will be in a lot better shape on the PS 3. And there's always the off chance that I'll get my hands on an X Box 360 which means Left 4 Dead, Splinter Cell Conviction, and Fallout 3 will be immediate purchases.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Did you read the info on Fawkes' file when looking for stuff to open the doors...Fawkes started out life as a female...i thought that was kinda cool...lol

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Gahhh! Stupid Paladin Cross died on me yesterday!

It was her own damn fault though! I was taking her through the Temple of the Union raid, and she stupidly went out into the open against 8 slavers!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, and I looooove the Light Step perk

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Out of the different followers I've picked up, I've liked Fawkes and Charon...like others have said, Fawkes can carry tons of stuff, but does make the game a lot easier...and it's damn near impossible to sneak with him. >_<

I think I prefer Charon. I gave him the Railway Rifle, and some friggin' badass armor...it seems like he can use damn near anything you give him.

And yeah, the Experimental MIRV is just sick...I play the mega-good karma, so I've rarely used it, but my younger brother plays super-evil, and nuked most of Megaton with just one shot. That same area has the TB-50(I think that's the name) armor, if I remember correctly, which is equally sick...something like a 50 DR.

I really dig the named weapons...my fav is the sniper rifle one.(The Vindicator? Liberator? Something like that.)

One of my little mini-goals I've made for myself is to find each named(special) gun, in each weapon class in the game, on my own...I think I'm a bit over half-way, so far.

What's everyone's favorite little story-arc in the game so far? For me, it's close between the Oasis set and the Big Town sections(Esp. the bit in Germantown HQ)...something about the stories with those two gave me tingles.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

i thought the Little Lamplight area was kinda cool...never did get the mayor to trade the fungus for food thing though.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Me either. Huh...I had completely forgotten about that...I wonder if there was a way of doing it that didn't involve massive loss of karma.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

YouTube

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the alien gun is god.
    I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

Country
    Country Flag

and the mysterious stranger perk is my favorite perk i believe. good shit
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SigTauGimp View Post
    That same area has the TB-50(I think that's the name) armor, if I remember correctly, which is equally sick...something like a 50 DR.
    Hmmm, never heard of that armor... where exactly is it?

I really dig the named weapons...my fav is the sniper rifle one.(The Vindicator? Liberator? Something like that.)
    Where'd you get it? I got Lincoln's Repeater Rifle from the Museum of History, I love it. It uses .44 magnum ammo, and if you combine it with a high sneak and Small Guns status, you're a fucking ninja

What's everyone's favorite little story-arc in the game so far? For me, it's close between the Oasis set and the Big Town sections(Esp. the bit in Germantown HQ)...something about the stories with those two gave me tingles.
    The Germantown HQ is the one with the captured slaves right? That's my favorite too

Country
    Country Flag

i liked the vault 112 - tranquility lane mission....that little girl creeped me out! and i also thought ( like a moron ) that if i went to the talon headquarters (fort bannister), and killed em all, that i wouldnt have to worry bout the fuckers anymore since they kept trying to kill me. so i wasted ALOT of stimpaks, ammo, and time going through and methodically whiping out every merc i saw within the compound, above and below. god what a waste of time
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Country
    Country Flag

and i just looked it up, there are alien cartridges in the crater of the encalve outpot near fort bannister..."There are 96 Alien Power Cells in a large radioactive crater to the east of the Fort itself and due south of VAPL-58 Power Station (screenshot). There is an overturned military truck in the crater, as well as several barrels of waste. The Alien Power Cells are beneath the truck, as if they spilled out of the bed. Also in the crater, less than 10 meters to the south east of the truck, are a locked safe ( weapon + ammo ) and a locked personal footlocker ( low armor ), both of easy difficulty. "
    I'm kind of a big deal.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, it's not necessarily a waste of time. Think about all that experience you gained, all that armor and weapons that you looted off the corpses, all those Misc items you picked and can sell for a nice sum of caps.

Quote Originally Posted by IWasSentWest View Post
    and the mysterious stranger perk is my favorite perk i believe. good shit
    would be awesome, but the moron kept getting stuck in or behind walls, trapping me in VATS

Country
    Country Flag

haha yeh it did that to me several times. nothings perfect i reckon. sometimes it would piss me off because a mole rat would be beside a raider or super mutant, and the dude would shoot the mole rat (yeh i know because i had the mole rat in VATS but still, come on man, use better judgement)
    I'm kind of a big deal.

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm, never heard of that armor... where exactly is it?
    I was slightly mistaken earlier about the location, maybe...You have to do a mission set from a guy in the Ghoul Underworld, I think, for a group of like 4-5 keys...after you have the keys, there's a Fort something-or-other that you go through to get it(I keep wanting to say Bannister...). The armor is in a building beside the Fort, with a few lower levels you have to go through...you need the keys to get through the different doors.

Where'd you get it? I got Lincoln's Repeater Rifle from the Museum of History, I love it. It uses .44 magnum ammo, and if you combine it with a high sneak and Small Guns status, you're a fucking ninja
    I honestly can't remember where I got the sniper rifle...I think it was where one of the Keller Family Transcripts were...the one waaaay up on a hillside, maybe...

And I looovveee the Repeater...my Small Guns rating is 100, and I have the headshot and rifle accuracy perks together, so that thing is devastating from nearly any range.

YouTube

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

I did that mission but I must have not gotten one of the keys or something because I couldn't get it. I think it's Fort Constantine.

So ... totally random ... Aaron comes home from Blockbuster last night waving a piece of plastic wrapped paper around telling me he got me something. Apparently the guys at Blockbuster were cleaning stuff out and found a bunch of Fallout 3 promo stickers. Aaron saw them behind the counter and asked the guy if they were for sell and the guy was like "no, but i'll give them to you." So now I have some sweet fallout stickers of the 50s looking kid. In one of them he's holding the missile launcher. pretty cool.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Quote Originally Posted by SigTauGimp View Post
    I honestly can't remember where I got the sniper rifle...I think it was where one of the Keller Family Transcripts were...the one waaaay up on a hillside, maybe...
    Abandoned shack, west of Rockbreaker's Last Gas. It's in a locker. (there's also pet radroaches XD)
    just watch yer ass, cuz either Talon mercs or Enclave or both, ambush you once you leave.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    So now I have some sweet fallout stickers of the 50s looking kid. In one of them he's holding the missile launcher. pretty cool.
    I think you need to host a giveaway

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    Abandoned shack, west of Rockbreaker's Last Gas. It's in a locker. (there's also pet radroaches XD)
    just watch yer ass, cuz either Talon mercs or Enclave or both, ambush you once you leave.
    Excellent! Thanks for the info sir.

Country
    Country Flag

i agree with feev on the giveaway!
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast